Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

KY Chapter Members Map

Old 08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
John, I can be at 275 and AA in fifteen minutes and I live in Florence. lol. Andrew I roughly know where the garage is, for close to fifteen years I worked on the hill next to you at Fidelity. Maybe we can plan on a wrench BS session one day guys...

Old 08-02-2012, 11:28 AM
homade
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me know if you do a get together and I'll try to make the 45 min trip, Garry

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 PM
meierw1
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once my truck is up and running again I'm up for a bs session.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
rywegh
Cargo Master
hey Cody what's up with your truck?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
meierw1
Senior User
Originally Posted by rywegh
My tranny went out last week.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
meierw1
Senior User
Originally Posted by rywegh
My tranny went out last week.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Ford F1
Yea, I rent a garage back there. I live in Wilder just one exit over. If you are bored I am out there most weekends working... I probably will not be this weekend though.
I would like to get in this one weekend and get you guys to help me fix my wheels since I cannot do it. John, we need a pow-wow.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds like a deal to me....I'm up for a meetup/BS session ANYTIME...lol

Old 08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by pmasley
I would like to get in this one weekend and get you guys to help me fix my wheels since I cannot do it. John, we need a pow-wow.
Hey Paul. Got your PM. All I can say right now is wow! As to your wheels, are you talking about your truck? I know you were having trouble with the brakes. A road trip I believe could be arranged. Wes could meet me up on I-64 somewhere, and he and I could head your way perhaps one day. Are you having other issues with your truck? Or is your car also giving you problems.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:14 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
Hey Paul. Got your PM. All I can say right now is wow! As to your wheels, are you talking about your truck? I know you were having trouble with the brakes. A road trip I believe could be arranged. Wes could meet me up on I-64 somewhere, and he and I could head your way perhaps one day. Are you having other issues with your truck? Or is your car also giving you problems.
Hmmm....ROadtrip, or convoy?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:35 AM
pmasley
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
I am having trouble with both, but I do have the Vic drivable. Winter is coming and I really need the truck. The brakeline on the back is busted behind the fuel tank, I have a severe vibration on the front, and a lack of power. It would probably be better if I brought her to you and Wes, then you could tinker in the garage and not have to worry about crazy mother nature and these freak storms we have been having.

Guys, just remember, I am 30 minutes east of Charleston, so it will take me a bit of time to get there.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

I am having trouble with both, but I do have the Vic drivable. Winter is coming and I really need the truck. The brakeline on the back is busted behind the fuel tank, I have a severe vibration on the front, and a lack of power. It would probably be better if I brought her to you and Wes, then you could tinker in the garage and not have to worry about crazy mother nature and these freak storms we have been having.

Guys, just remember, I am 30 minutes east of Charleston, so it will take me a bit of time to get there.
I'm about 3 hours away from Charleston...

I did a meet with Bill (6cylbill) last year...

Met up in Charleston...Went to Southridge, IIRC was the name of the plaza deal...Had a huge cinema, etc across the parking lot..

Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master
John depending on when and where I might be able to assist in some sort. If Paul brings his truck up here I wouldn't mind helping if I can. Don't know too much about diesels but I will help any way I can plus I might learn a thing or two.

Cody that sucks about your transmission. Are you having one built that can take all your upgrades?

Old 08-04-2012, 12:22 PM
rywegh
Cargo Master

Paul if you have a brakeline that is busted do you think the vibration could be caused by the master cylinder/abs having issues? Or do you think it is suspension related?

Old 08-04-2012, 01:28 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
He's had the vibration for a while now. Not related. The brake line is more recent. I do not have a garage to get a truck in unfortunately. The brake line can be fixed in no time. I had the same thing on mine a few months ago. I just re-routed the line outside of the fuel tank. The original line goes between the frame and fuel tank which to put the new one back requires dropping the tank or lifting the bed. Actually, I don't think lifting the bed would help either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KY Chapter Members Map