crash1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello hello

Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hello everyone. Last day in Spokane. Looking forward to the drive home. I'm irked the race was last night. I was hoping to listen to it during my return trip. Oh well...at least I know I can get cell coverage (Pandora!)

Old 05-21-2012, 12:15 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Well i hope everyone had a good sunday, mine was pretty good up till about 25 minutes ago. See it has been raining all day today and some of yesterday. I figured "oh my tarp will do fine out there", the next morning (this morning) i go out to check and i find a puddle forming in the low spot of the tarp. I figured "yeah ok that is going to happen, the low spot is collecting water of course." I drain the water out and straighten it back out, then i go off to my friends house. About 2pm or so i left, he lives right down the street so i didn't drive, we get done playing out video games and card games and such and i head out, once i get home i figured i would take one more peek before going in for the night to make sure everything is Kosher, It wasn't. The passenger side had slipped in a bit so the inside part of the truck got soaked and the driverside was about to go down. There was about a foot of water pooled up on the tarp pulling it down. Meanwhile it is still raining. I will mention directly behind that puddle is an amp bolted to the top of my sub that has constant 12v from my battery. It is fused in but still. It wouldn't have taken much to have one bungee cord slip or break or whatever for it to fall in and get EVERYTHING wet. These bungee cords on both sides

These saved the sides from caving completely in. That and the 2 hooked from the back to the bumper helped as well. Well i had to unlatch the tailgate and pull the tarp up as i let the tailgate down and once it was down i let the water drain out onto the tailgate. I had no choice, overall it worked out and i'm sure there isn't much water on the inside but i won't know till tomorrow. Tomorrow my plan is to go back up to Harbor Freight and buy a bigger tarp. Mine was the cheaper one at walmart and happens to be way too small. The bigger ones are less expensive at HF.

But overall it was a pretty good day

Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM
onug
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy monday. This rain actually feels nice. Just hope the sun comes back for the weekend

Old 05-21-2012, 05:27 PM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good evening Guys, hard Monday here, had 6yds cement delivered!

Old 05-21-2012, 11:34 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
hello good evening

Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Tuesday morning Washington ! Everyone have a nice day !

Howdy Curt !

Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 AM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Well i hope everyone had a good sunday, mine was pretty good up till about 25 minutes ago. See it has been raining all day today and some of yesterday. I figured "oh my tarp will do fine out there", the next morning (this morning) i go out to check and i find a puddle forming in the low spot of the tarp. I figured "yeah ok that is going to happen, the low spot is collecting water of course." I drain the water out and straighten it back out, then i go off to my friends house. About 2pm or so i left, he lives right down the street so i didn't drive, we get done playing out video games and card games and such and i head out, once i get home i figured i would take one more peek before going in for the night to make sure everything is Kosher, It wasn't. The passenger side had slipped in a bit so the inside part of the truck got soaked and the driverside was about to go down. There was about a foot of water pooled up on the tarp pulling it down. Meanwhile it is still raining. I will mention directly behind that puddle is an amp bolted to the top of my sub that has constant 12v from my battery. It is fused in but still. It wouldn't have taken much to have one bungee cord slip or break or whatever for it to fall in and get EVERYTHING wet. These bungee cords on both sides

These saved the sides from caving completely in. That and the 2 hooked from the back to the bumper helped as well. Well i had to unlatch the tailgate and pull the tarp up as i let the tailgate down and once it was down i let the water drain out onto the tailgate. I had no choice, overall it worked out and i'm sure there isn't much water on the inside but i won't know till tomorrow. Tomorrow my plan is to go back up to Harbor Freight and buy a bigger tarp. Mine was the cheaper one at walmart and happens to be way too small. The bigger ones are less expensive at HF.

But overall it was a pretty good day
After enlarging the picture can see the tarp is too small, but even with a larger tarp ... I think the water will still want to pool forward of the rear seats. A possible way to prevent this is to set a 2x4 down the center from the top rear of the cab to the tail gate to form a ridge style tenting. The water should run off the back and over the sides and not have a chance to pool.

Just a thought...

Old 05-22-2012, 10:21 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
good morning everyone...

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
Old 05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by caseys
After enlarging the picture can see the tarp is too small, but even with a larger tarp ... I think the water will still want to pool forward of the rear seats. A possible way to prevent this is to set a 2x4 down the center from the top rear of the cab to the tail gate to form a ridge style tenting. The water should run off the back and over the sides and not have a chance to pool.

Just a thought...

Thanks, yeah i had thought about that but figured eventually i will get a day of no rain to throw the top back on. Right now i got it so it is slanted towards the back. The problem i was having was the top front of the the tarp was folding back and letting rain in. Now it **should** run towards the back. If not i might go with the 2x4 thing. I just need 30 minutes of no rain to get my friend over and muscle the top back up there.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:50 PM
im2tall33
Post Fiend
afternoon all

Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Happy Hump Day Washington ! Two more days till Weekend !

Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
good morning

Old 05-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Morning, Everybody!!!

Headed to Phoenix tomorrow for the weekend!!!!

What are your plans???

Quick Reply: WA may bs thread