A/C compressor Died - Ford Techs come in here - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums



6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

A/C compressor Died - Ford Techs come in here

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #16  
Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
96_F250_Deezal 96_F250_Deezal is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 388
96_F250_Deezal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.96_F250_Deezal is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
$335 for compressor, dryer, orifice tube and belt. $242 for new fan stator.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-04-2015, 03:30 AM
mario1987 mario1987 is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
mario1987 is starting off with a positive reputation.
here is a question, i want to put auxiliary air on my truck, i dont have a/c and was wondering if i buy a a/c compressor can it be plumbed to fill a tank for my air bag helpers?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-04-2015, 03:51 AM
87crewdually's Avatar
87crewdually 87crewdually is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So. Jersey
Posts: 3,411
87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1987 View Post
here is a question, i want to put auxiliary air on my truck, i dont have a/c and was wondering if i buy a a/c compressor can it be plumbed to fill a tank for my air bag helpers?
You should start your own thread for "on board air " and do a search.
You can use an a/c compressor but to make it last you need to run an oil separator with a drain plumbed back in to the suction side of the compressor. The reason being is to recharge the compressor with some PAG oil or the compressor won't live long. I have an elaborate system on my rock crawler samurai that bumps up the throttle and turns off @ 150psi. plumbed into a 6 gallon tank using a stock A/C compressor and pressure switch. You can find plenty of info and parts here: ::Kilby Enterprises::
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 AM
mario1987 mario1987 is offline
Freshman User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
mario1987 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Appreciate the info I just didn't know where to start as far as if it could be done and if it weighs out the cost I'll just get an onboard air compressor system kit


Quote:
Originally Posted by 87crewdually View Post
You should start your own thread for "on board air " and do a search.
You can use an a/c compressor but to make it last you need to run an oil separator with a drain plumbed back in to the suction side of the compressor. The reason being is to recharge the compressor with some PAG oil or the compressor won't live long. I have an elaborate system on my rock crawler samurai that bumps up the throttle and turns off @ 150psi. plumbed into a 6 gallon tank using a stock A/C compressor and pressure switch. You can find plenty of info and parts here: ::Kilby Enterprises::
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-04-2015, 08:25 AM
87crewdually's Avatar
87crewdually 87crewdually is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: So. Jersey
Posts: 3,411
87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.87crewdually has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1987 View Post
Appreciate the info I just didn't know where to start as far as if it could be done and if it weighs out the cost I'll just get an onboard air compressor system kit
For just air bags it's probably to much work and money. I run air ratchet and air impact guns off of my system for trail repairs.
Sounds like you'd be fine with a Viair compressor. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000X9...-zL&ref=plSrch
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A/C compressor won't start CNGBuff Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C 14 08-31-2015 08:06 AM
Bypass the A/C compressor smaller fan belt 1999 explorer Neo01 Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 2 02-09-2015 11:17 AM
SOON WILL NEED IT willydad 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 4 02-04-2015 06:42 PM
6.0 Fan Clutch question Ford12v 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 6 05-21-2014 08:49 AM
Heater/AC fan dies after a few minutes dethomson 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks 3 09-06-2011 04:16 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums >

Tags
2004, 60, ac, charge, compressor, cost, diesel, f250, ford, proper, remove, removel, shop, time, whats

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.