cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL.... congratulations!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. Found a good bit of tools for my 6.9 but not enough money for them. Anyone want to buy my '90 F150 for $700?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:33 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Aloha! Headed to work..... should be interesting.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:32 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cookie88
Well how did it go? interesting?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Another month already?
Originally Posted by tojoski
I beat zack to it this month!
Gees, spend a couple of days away from the computer trying to keep up with chores around the house and I miss something rather important. Crap.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
LOL. Found a good bit of tools for my 6.9 but not enough money for them. Anyone want to buy my '90 F150 for $700?
Eh, I really don't need another truck around the house. The wife is pestering me about trading one of the older rides in on something she wants. Not sure I'm ready for another car payment.
Someone that works for the Chair Force saying they're headed to work and it should be interesting. Hmm, sounds like I might need the Cliff Notes version of this story. By the way Scott, I noticed your looking for a new family truckster that gets over 20mpg. How about an EcoBoost equipped F150 SCREW?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:21 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

TGIF Arkansas ! Have a great day All

Old 05-04-2012, 05:40 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by zhilton
sounds like I might need the Cliff Notes version of this story.
Left early Monday to go see doc. Had Flu, Bronchitis, and some fluid on the lungs. Went back to work Wednesday hacking up lung and barely breathing...... it was interesting.

How about an EcoBoost equipped F150 SCREW?
Thinking more along the lines of flex, freestyle, or maybe Explorer. Need room for people pets and packing on the inside. Otherwise we'd still be using my truck for the big trips.

Oh, and I don't work for the chair force, I work with them. I'm not civil service and not in their COC.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening all
just stopping by. Chairforce- Funny and intresting comment. first time I heard that one

Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Goes back almost 20 years. Clinton's first couple waves of cuts so thoroughly decimated our back shop that we went from 120 men producing about 40 engines a month to about 15 guys with almost nothing to do. We took to calling ourselves the chair force and I never stopped.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Saturday morning Arkansas ! Have a great weekend All
Hi Scott, they were the cuts to supposedly save money, sent the American people
to the unemployment lines! Ship our jobs overseas !

Old 05-05-2012, 06:50 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
120 men producing about 40 engines a month to about 15 guys with almost nothing to do. We took to calling ourselves the chair force and I never stopped.

What were yall build?

Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Afternoon y'all. Got a thunderstorm that's been dropping rain just to our west for the last 3-4 hours. It's just been sitting there no moving. My luck, as son as I get on the scooter to finish my errands it will finally move this way and dumping rain here. This fat boy doesn't ride in the rain...I have no issue admitting I'm a fair weather rider.
Left early Monday to go see doc. Had Flu, Bronchitis, and some fluid on the lungs. Went back to work Wednesday hacking up lung and barely breathing...... it was interesting.
Short of the bronchitis...I've been coughing/hacking for weeks. I just love spring an all the crap in the air. But, just like the last 5-6 years I'll suffer with it for a while until I can't take it any more then I'll go see a doctor that will gripe at me for not coming in sooner, write a prescription for some antibiotic (which will give me the squirts) and everything will be well until next spring. One of the few reasons I've thought about moving to the desert.
Thinking more along the lines of flex, freestyle, or maybe Explorer. Need room for people pets and packing on the inside. Otherwise we'd still be using my truck for the big trips.
As far as I'm concerned, I won't own another Explorer...every since they went to the crossover thing that's produced now; they've lost us as a returning Explorer buying (owned two of them). The wife used to think she wanted a Flex, but I think it was only because of the cooler in the center console. What about an Escape? Would be about the same as the Flex/Exploder.
Oh, and I don't work for the chair force, I work with them. I'm not civil service and not in their COC.
I knew you weren't employed by the Chair Force...just thought I'd yank your chain a little.
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
What were yall build?
I think they were rebuilding turbine engines...turbo-prop engines to be a little more specific. Pretty sure Scott works at LRAFB, which is a Herc base. Got a B-I-L that was flying out of there until a year ago when he got orders to Laughlin AFB (Del Rio, TX). I forget what their wing name/mascot is (Red Devil comes to mind)...but our son has one of their coins his uncle gave him after an air show 3-4 years ago.

I still say the Flying Razorbacks (188th FW, ANG) up here has one of the best nose art schemes in use today. Hopefully BRAC will back off and leave 'em alone, time will tell since we're talking about politics when it comes to BRAC.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:11 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
What about an Escape?
Too small. Pretty much narrowed it down to an Explorer now. That's about the only thing out there that can get 20mpg and have 4x4 and three rows of seats.

I'm surprised by how inexpensive the 06-08 models are. Mostly less than $20K even with low miles. Probably do something along those lines. I have no interest in the giant Egde that says Explorer on it..... or the payment that comes with a $40K vehicle.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Too small. Pretty much narrowed it down to an Explorer now. That's about the only thing out there that can get 20mpg and have 4x4 and three rows of seats.
I keep asking, when is Ford going to offer the 3.8L EcoBoost in the Expedition? For crying out loud, it's the same platform as the F150 and I'm willing to bet it would sell like hot cakes; the F150 with 'em seem to be selling quite well and I've yet to hear of horror stories about that engine. I'm a firm believer soccer moms don't need a V8 powered anything. (can't wait for the hate mail now!)
I'm surprised by how inexpensive the 06-08 models are. Mostly less than $20K even with low miles. Probably do something along those lines. I have no interest in the giant Egde that says Explorer on it..... or the payment that comes with a $40K vehicle.
For some reason I was thinking your talking a new and not newer ride. Goes to show what happens when you assume anything.

Quick Reply: May Chat/All Topic thread