Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

May '12 BS in Indiana to make MOMMA happy on MOM's DAY so rest of your year isn't HECK on wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 06:11 AM
Oldtrucknut7077
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning IN & company!

Have a great Saturday all.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:33 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Hope everyone will be enjoying a cold beverage today...hey it's Cinco De Mayo!!!

I've got my granite countertops for the two upstairs bathrooms coming in about an hour and a half...so I've got to hump those up the stairs and set into place...then I'll install the new faucets...I know there's one trip to Home Depot/Lowes in my afternoon to get the supply lines...I'm hopeful the trap lines up okay on the three sinks...

I got the old sinks/countertops ripped out last night...not too bad...I'll set the three sinks/faucets out at the curb tomorrow...there's a guy that drives through the neighborhood and picks up stuff...hopefully he'll come by tomorrow...the sinks and fauctets are in perfect working order...hate to see them go to the landfill...

Hope everyone has a great day!...I'll check in later after I get my stuff done!...I'm on a plane tomorrow mid-morning headed back west...

Joe.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy Joe, that's great granite first class

Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by KingBigJoe
Good morning. Man... I can't wait to watch the Nationwide race today @ Talladega.
Enjoy it Joe !

Old 05-05-2012, 07:08 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 67gt351
Howdy Joe, that's great granite first class
Yeah Dennis...we built the house 16 years ago...and have been trying to update things little by little...

We did the kitchen counters 2+ years ago...and we're using the same granite place for the upstairs...figure granite...how can you go wrong...and the price isn't all that much more than what we saw at Home Depot/Lowes for quartz tops...even some of the cultured marble tops aren't cheap...so we're doing the granite up there.

The master bathroom...that one will be a complete remodel when I do it...I'll rip out the builder grade shower "unit" and install some type of tile...not sure what yet...the wife has been watching all kinds of HGTV bathroom remodel shows...there's some pretty nice stuff out there...we'll go with those vessel sinks on granite in there too...thankfully the labor is free...it's ME...LOL...so we can splurge on higher end materials that way...

We're in a "debate" at the moment...we've got a whirlpool tub in our master bath...she wants me to rip that out and move our shower to that BIG area with the glass block window...basically make a huge shower...which would be cool...and convert the old shower area to another closet or "makeup" area with a desk...either of which would work nicely too...not sure what we're going to do...

I still have to sand down the breakfast nook and kitchen hardwood floor and refinish that area...those floors are 16 years old too and the nook has lots of wear from the chairs "sliding" in and out from the table...I'm hoping to get that done sometime! LOL...

How's your day going?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Good Saturday Morning everyone, nice sunny day up here, I hope the sun is shining on you....

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,139 Likes on 1,684 Posts
Nobody uses thos BIG tubs anymore huh Joe, do it........

Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Okay...countertops are installed...now to let the adhesive set up a few hours before installing the faucets!...

Here's where they are now...

I'll snap pics once I get the faucets installed...

Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good Saturday afternoon Indiana and friends! Looking great Joe, can't go wrong with granite.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:15 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Faucets and plumbing all installed...I'm DONE!!!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Evan's F250
Senior User
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Faucets and plumbing all installed...I'm DONE!!! Looks like you had fun. lol looks good. I spent all day working and tinkering around with the F250! it was sure a hot one outside............

Old 05-06-2012, 06:08 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot

Well it's Sunday and I'll be getting on a plane headed to SoCal in a few hours...just catching up and saying hello to everyone.

As is evidenced by the photo's...I got my countertops all installed yesterday...so that was good.

On a different note...we've had an explosion of bunny births in the neighborhood...when I was cleaning out our back flowerbed a couple of weeks ago I discovered a nest in the bed...about 6 or so little bunnies...I did my work around them and left them be...I knew that it would not end well eventually...you see my dog normally "sniffs" her way through that bed in the morning...but I'm with her and she listens very well to commands...so I know there wasn't a danger from her...BUT...we also have like a gazillion cats outside...well the carnage has started...

Last night Tracey was sitting on the porch and I heard her go outside...apparently one of the cats has found the nest...she/it killed one of the bunnies and Tracey couldn't stand the squeeling from the bunny...apparently she scared the cat off but the bunny is now dead in the nest...apparently I'll have to deal with that before I leave...

She wanted me to go out and cat proof the nest...I told her I told her earlier...this will NOT END WELL...and now it is near that prophecy and it isn't going over well...

Of course Zoe wants me to bring the bunnies in so she can have "pets"...I told her NO!...ahh...living with sensitive women...

IMO...we have TOO MANY bunnies in this neighborhood and thinning them out is a GREAT idea...not sure how to "protect" them anyway...even if I wanted too...

Well...enough about the bunny carnage/devistations going on around here...hehe...NASCAR is in Talladega today...IMO...normally a sleeper...I'm not a big fan of the restrictor plate races...

I'll check in with everyone from SoCal...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Joe.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Sunday morning Indiana ! Have a wonderful day all !

morning Joe, sorry to see you leave it was a fun week, have a safe trip, post at you
your friend Dennis
the bunny situation, well that just nature

Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy

Well it's Sunday and I'll be getting on a plane headed to SoCal in a few hours...just catching up and saying hello to everyone.

As is evidenced by the photo's...I got my countertops all installed yesterday...so that was good.

On a different note...we've had an explosion of bunny births in the neighborhood...when I was cleaning out our back flowerbed a couple of weeks ago I discovered a nest in the bed...about 6 or so little bunnies...I did my work around them and left them be...I knew that it would not end well eventually...you see my dog normally "sniffs" her way through that bed in the morning...but I'm with her and she listens very well to commands...so I know there wasn't a danger from her...BUT...we also have like a gazillion cats outside...well the carnage has started...

Last night Tracey was sitting on the porch and I heard her go outside...apparently one of the cats has found the nest...she/it killed one of the bunnies and Tracey couldn't stand the squeeling from the bunny...apparently she scared the cat off but the bunny is now dead in the nest...apparently I'll have to deal with that before I leave...

She wanted me to go out and cat proof the nest...I told her I told her earlier...this will NOT END WELL...and now it is near that prophecy and it isn't going over well...

Of course Zoe wants me to bring the bunnies in so she can have "pets"...I told her NO!...ahh...living with sensitive women...

IMO...we have TOO MANY bunnies in this neighborhood and thinning them out is a GREAT idea...not sure how to "protect" them anyway...even if I wanted too...

Well...enough about the bunny carnage/devistations going on around here...hehe...NASCAR is in Talladega today...IMO...normally a sleeper...I'm not a big fan of the restrictor plate races...

I'll check in with everyone from SoCal...

Have a great day everyone!!!

Joe.

Hmmm... sounds like a busy day. Good luck with your journey.

On my own sidenote: I'm still searching for a truck. Plus, I'll be watching the NASCAR Cup race @ 'Dega today in front of the tube .

Old 05-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Oldtrucknut7077
Post Fiend
Good morning Joe, Indiana, & company!

Beautiful job on the counters Joe! Definitely a nice upgrade from when it was done 16years ago. Hopefully the missus is pleased as well.

Quick Reply: May '12 BS in Indiana to make MOMMA happy on MOM's DAY so rest of your year isn't HECK on wheels...