Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Posting Guru

tmcalavy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Small, narrow up front and wider, taller on the back was quite common back when I was in high school...won't say how many decades ago that was, but Kennedy was in the White House. We did it for the hot rod look...it handles worse IMO and you lose some mpg cause you're exposing more of the "brick" shape to aerodynamic drag...but it does look way cool. You also have to be careful of not going too small/thin on the fronts, cause those wheels carry the bulk of the truck weight...no curb hopping, etc.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Senior User

davidmoss1992 is starting off with a positive reputation.
No sorrys needed, honest mistake. Would 235-75r15s on the front with 255-70r15s on the back look good, that way I get a little wider in the back. I do use the truck as a truck every once in awhile. I am also looking for that hotrod look on my truck that many seek out in highschool. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
25570r15, 275, 27560r15, 27575r15, 2wd, 60r15, 75r15, big, f150, ford, good, lt215, ranger, small, truck