Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Senior User

bk53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi newb with question

Hi I've been lurking around for a few months. I drive a 53 f100 with a 239 and fordomatic. load-o-matic dizzy h94 etc. I've got an issue with wear on the slip yoke. I think the part I need is a b5c 4841-a First I'm not sure of the pn second, i've called all over and searched and apparently this is a pretty rare part. I could use a lead if anyone has one. Third can I have this machined or chromed or anything to bring it back? can I mabbe sand it down and use an oversized seal? some trick to put the worn spot somewhere other than right at the seal?

appreciate any help or ideas you can share.

Regards,
Bill
Rowlett Tx
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
If it's just worn where the seal rides then have your locale bearing shop get you a speedi sleeve/seal kit . that should cure a leak problem 9 times out of 10 .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Welder User

tinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to beholdtinman52 is a splendid one to behold
Try to find a good drive line shop or machine shop near you.....that is how I found a new yoke for my 3 speed. Do you know the spline count and u joint type?
You may also be able to put a speedy sleeve on for the seal to ride on...
And welcome to FTE!
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...uck-build.html
"you can call a pig a duck, but that won't make it quack!"
Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
Sorry I forgot to welcome you to the group . These guys are a great source of helpful advice and knowledge .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 04-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Senior User

bk53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
speedy sleeve! someone has thought of dang near everything haven't they? Yeah it a 16 spline and I just threw out the u joint box. Thanks for the welcome.

Bill
Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Bill,
Welcome Aboard! Quite a few of us down around Austin - Put some pics
up when you get a chance. Would love to see your truck. My truck is up in Waco - My son at Baylor borrowed it for a weekend about 8 weeks ago...

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
Hi Bill, welcome to the forum! My old Ford parts catalog shows 53-54 F-100 Fordomatic slip yoke being part number TAAA 4841 B. 1955 used the B5C 4841 B. That's not to say the earlier number wasn't superceded by the later number, because it likely was. It's also very likely been superceded since then, as well. Ford is famous for changing numbers on parts. It at least gives you another option to look for. That same yoke was also used with overdrive manual transmissions, too. But the speedy-sleeve option will probably be your easiest, cheapest, and fastest solution.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
b5c4841a, b5c4841b, ford