1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
Well I worked past two days on it with not much to show for it. Got the oil pan off and welded the oil return line bung onto it, then reinstalled it. That took most of yesterday got the pan off then realized I would need a 1" drill bit for the bung I had gotten. The largest I had was 3/4. I was able to score one from a fellow CT chapter member, thanks Ray (rocdril). When I returned home I found that the shaft of said drill bit was too big for my drill, damn. Oh wait it does fit the drill press I haven't used yet that my dad gave me 10 years ago (tag sale find) so I had to set that up, mount & wire a switch to use it. Four hours passed and the oil pan finally has the correct hole in it. Welded it in and wire wheeled the rust spots to bare metal and gave it a quick shot of rustoleum flat black. Had lunch while the paint dried and put it back in the truck. So what I thought would be a single step to Saturdays progress turned into all day.
Today I worked on the interior, tired of working around & moving the bucket seats I got. Pulled the bench Fri before work, took the trim out and pulled the sagging headliner. I had bought a good used headliner a couple of years ago and now seemed like a good time to install it. Went to the parts store to get some wire figured I'd put in the overhead switch panel I have in while I have it apart. Also fixed the visor so it won't rattle anymore the two forward center tec screws loosened and stripped the holes, it also leaked in the rain. Pulled the visor off opened the holes a bit and through bolted those two, gave the holes a coat of caulk before putting it back on. Got about halfway putting the new headliner in was loosing daylight and have a headache cleaned up and stopped for the weekend. So a lot of work but not much done and nothing really to take pictures of.
Some more work today. Updated the head unit to a slightly better Sony unit with the front USB port and RCA pre-amp outs. Dynamated the floor, put the rubber floor back in and set the seats in place. AT that I'm sweating and decided that's enough for today.
Wes, I would but I don't think that would help any. I used the factory bench seat four mounting spots. The 40-20-40 seat is factory in super cabs but was an option in the reg cab, that is where I got it from. When they were spec'd with them the seats came with a bracket that tied them altogether just like a bench. While they move independently I put them into the cab as one unit. I'll try to take a few shots of that bracket.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.