Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Postmaster

Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.
Well I worked past two days on it with not much to show for it. Got the oil pan off and welded the oil return line bung onto it, then reinstalled it. That took most of yesterday got the pan off then realized I would need a 1" drill bit for the bung I had gotten. The largest I had was 3/4. I was able to score one from a fellow CT chapter member, thanks Ray (rocdril). When I returned home I found that the shaft of said drill bit was too big for my drill, damn. Oh wait it does fit the drill press I haven't used yet that my dad gave me 10 years ago (tag sale find) so I had to set that up, mount & wire a switch to use it. Four hours passed and the oil pan finally has the correct hole in it. Welded it in and wire wheeled the rust spots to bare metal and gave it a quick shot of rustoleum flat black. Had lunch while the paint dried and put it back in the truck. So what I thought would be a single step to Saturdays progress turned into all day.
Today I worked on the interior, tired of working around & moving the bucket seats I got. Pulled the bench Fri before work, took the trim out and pulled the sagging headliner. I had bought a good used headliner a couple of years ago and now seemed like a good time to install it. Went to the parts store to get some wire figured I'd put in the overhead switch panel I have in while I have it apart. Also fixed the visor so it won't rattle anymore the two forward center tec screws loosened and stripped the holes, it also leaked in the rain. Pulled the visor off opened the holes a bit and through bolted those two, gave the holes a coat of caulk before putting it back on. Got about halfway putting the new headliner in was loosing daylight and have a headache cleaned up and stopped for the weekend. So a lot of work but not much done and nothing really to take pictures of.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Posting Guru

fdude64 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
nice work on your truck, i know how the lack of visible production can go but what isnt seen is all the trial and error that takes time.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
i feel like almost all progress appears as regress, until the last few minutes of work when it all comes together.

a new headliner must be awesome if the old one was sagging, such a simple thing can totally kill the look of the interior!

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 05-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Postmaster

Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.Towmanjbo has a great reputation on FTE.
So I took a couple of pics of last weeks work

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Postmaster

This week I'm tackling this:
out with the old and rusty
in with new
not done yet had to come in and cool off
Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Junior User

Jacobs Daddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great job so far!
Old 05-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Postmaster

So I'm inside by the A/C again, letting paint dry.

fitting the floor section

all welded in

coated in POR15, wasn't going to paint as much but I ruined the can opening it so I figured why not?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
excellent! some of the most important restoration steps end up un-noticed and often covered from the public. so sad

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 05-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Postmaster

Some more work today. Updated the head unit to a slightly better Sony unit with the front USB port and RCA pre-amp outs. Dynamated the floor, put the rubber floor back in and set the seats in place. AT that I'm sweating and decided that's enough for today.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Posting Guru

Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.
Looking great!

38 gallon fuel tank install:http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13107271
Old 05-28-2012, 08:51 PM

Fomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputationFomoko1 has a superb reputation
Your doing some very nice work on this truck, I`m very impressed!
98 Ranger XLT S/cab
65/67 Mustang Fastbacks
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Postmaster

Thanks! When I'm done I hope he'll last another 20 years
Old 05-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Justin-Could ya take a pic of the underside of your cab for me?

I've swapped from a bench seat to buckets, and having some issues...

Just need a couple shots of directly under the seat mounts...

THanks

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Postmaster

Wes, I would but I don't think that would help any. I used the factory bench seat four mounting spots. The 40-20-40 seat is factory in super cabs but was an option in the reg cab, that is where I got it from. When they were spec'd with them the seats came with a bracket that tied them altogether just like a bench. While they move independently I put them into the cab as one unit. I'll try to take a few shots of that bracket.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Postmaster

Here are a couple pics of that bracket:
and the '97 F350 they came out of
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM