1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

bored, might as well start my build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM
flip4eva83
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bored, might as well start my build thread

1968 F100, lots of pics if I can get it figured out.
How I got it, super solid with the exception of the bed and pillar corners.

Engine bay shot looks the same now with the exception that it has a brake booster and a power steering pump.

Interior shot from before I got ahold of it.

Extra fenders, doors and a hood.

I shouldve taken a before pic cause the whole was filled with a baseball sized amount of filler. Both pillar corners are rotted through, this being the worse fo the two.

Took out the stock bench and mounted in some buckets from a 97 or 98 f150, had to make some brackets to mount them.

I will try and get a better pic of how I mounted them, but this is all I have right now.

Here is my 78 parts truck, practically 0 rust on this thing besides surface. I have plans for it.

Took the front end apart to ease the power steering and brake swap.

Old and new pillar, passenger side.

And now for some teaser pics.
Hood scoop

I was going to do a billet grille, but decided against tearing up my aluminum grille.

Got a great deal on some dynamat, cant believe the difference it made. It will be going on every restore/rebuild I do.

I will take some more pics tomorrow of the what it looks like now. Hope you enjoyed. This is also my DD.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Subscribing...looks like fun! I started a build thread too: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ide-build.html

My disc brake donor is also a 78. Looks like we're about parallel as far as condition. You've got rotted rockers and I've got rotted roof rails! Work-wise, you're ahead with the dog house removed but I've got a stash of parts ready to go including front and rear sway bars.

What's the plan? A clean restomod?

Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 PM
flip4eva83
Senior User
yup, I am shooting for a salleen rendition. I saw a cobra rendition a while back on here, It was a good idea, not well executed. Im going lowered not slammed. I havent thought of putting sway bars on it, I might have to look into that. Custom center console that doesnt look like a brick, underdash vintage air and a floor shifter for the c6. I want it to look as if thats how it wouldve been built back in the day. Eventually i want to have my cafe racer in the back and pulling my 91 Mustang on a trailer. Boy, the dreams I have, lol.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Cool! I dig it. I think I know what truck you're referring to. It had a cobra on the headliner and center-mounted grill lights. But wasn't it a Dentside?

I share your inspiration in terms of a theme and thought to myself "What would Jack Roush have done in the early 70s?". I'm going old school first, and then maybe Roush-ify it down the road.

I've got a spare front sway bar if you're interested. Btw, if you're at all planning to do it OEM-style, grab C-brackets that goes over the I-beams to accommodate the OEM swaybar endlinks... I sourced mine from an E-150 since vans typically came with a front sway bar.

Saleen built some nice rigs:

Old 04-28-2012, 11:47 AM
flip4eva83
Senior User
Yeah, I think it was a dent. A Roush rendition would be pretty sweet. I wasnt thinking about sway bars til you said something, and now I notice the body roll, lol. What year vans do I look at.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
flip4eva83
Senior User
As it sits right meow. Has the 4" peep mirrors, gives it a cleaner look IMO.

Bed liner from a 87 F150, it fit perfectly with the obvious exception of the wheel wells.

And now for the goodies thus far, buckets mounted, new carpet, cheap Grant steering wheel and working tach, locking gas cap(this is too expensive of a DD to have free access to my gas).

Not wasting in Dynamat, and yes it made a difference.

Heres another pic of how it the buckets mounted.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by flip4eva83
Yeah, I think it was a dent. A Roush rendition would be pretty sweet. I wasnt thinking about sway bars til you said something, and now I notice the body roll, lol. What year vans do I look at.
Ha! I believe any 80s or earlier Econoline, of course, equipped with a front sway bar. Below is a pic of the C-brackets I pirated.. I didn't note what year it came off of - only that it measured 4 inches between the ears so it slips over the radius arm. Each side uses the same PN.

See the dowel pin? The pin indexes into a corresponding notch at the end of the radius arm - bottom on the right arm and on top of the left arm:

Dang. I really should do a kitchen remodel.. the faux butcher block laminate is soooo 70s.. like a bump.