Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
New User

Harleyondown is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mi. to Fl. towing a 5'er...There and back again

2012 F250, 6.2L 373.

We are back home after 2 1/2 month trip. Our truck a 2012 performed flawlessly We took a bit of a chance leaving on a trip for this long with a new truck and a new 5'er (2012 Cougar High Country) without really testing them out on a few dry runs first but it was January and we were cold so off we went.

I just can't stop bragging on this truck!!! We got about 8 mpg in the hills or strong head wind and 10 on the flats. I can't tell you how many times I had to remind myself I was towing almost 9k behind me! Not once, even in the hills of Ky. and Tn. did I feel I was over working this truck. I did however argue with it on occasion as to what gear I felt it should be in on some of the hills but a quick shift into "M" and I won the argument every time

Starting in Mi. our trip included New Orleans, La. Gulf Shores, Al. Tampa Fl. and countless smaller towns along the way. While I did have a few problems with the 5'er the only thing besides putting gas in the truck was an oil change before coming home! If you'd like to see a few pic's you can visit our Trip Blog at:

Bruce and Cindy's Travels
Old 04-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Post Fiend

biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.biz4two has a great reputation on FTE.
Thumbs up

Awesome report! Very happy to hear you had a great experience...and enjoyed your trip.

biz

2012 FORD F250 SD CC 156" Lariat FX4 6.2L BOSS 4x4 4.30s
2003 F250 SD SC 142" XLT FX4 V10 Auto 4x4 3.73s -- Traded
1976 F150 LWB Custom 4x4 390FE NP435 3.50s
Old 04-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Senior User

rkmfordman is starting off with a positive reputation.
thats a great story and your oil change dosent cost a hundred bucks either like a diesel
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Freshman User

RABRAZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Harley's Trip

Just curious if you were in tow/haul when you had the difference in opinion on which gear you thought you should be in. If not t/h how about in cruise.
I had my Rockwood toy hauler loaded down to about 8k and have been really happy with the performance of my super duty gasser. I get 11.5 in the flats with the trailer according to the computer.
Great report and I bet you had a blast.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
New User

Harleyondown is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you all for the kind replys!!!

RABRAZ: Yes to both, tow/haul and cruise. Howerver the arguements were less frequent when not in cruise
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.kmonty2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
kmonty
Nice to here it went well for you. We have been thinking about taking the same trip next Feb.

Kevin
2011 F-250 CC, 6.2 Gas, 3.73, 4x4 w/FX4, Tuxedo Black, Steel Cloth interior,Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's, Air Aid Intake, Bilstein 5100 shocks, Hellwig adjustable sway bar, 5 Star Tuned, Line X bed liner, X Tang Tri-Fold bed cover.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Freshman User

RABRAZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tow/Haul

Thanks for the reply Harley. Its good to know I am not the only one who has noticed a bit of shift anomaly while towing and in cruise. I've also decided I will not use tow/haul unless I think it is really needed. Not likely with the loads I tow. Nothing over 10k. I don't like the engine braking that happens in tow/haul and I just don't see any real benefit.
Other than that I absolutely love my truck.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8

Tags
1957, 250, 62l, er, ford, sale, special, towing