Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2012, 05:36 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Do you have a favorite Barber or Barber shop?

I've been getting my hair cur by the same Korean woman for the last 20 years. She cuts it perfect for me everytime.

On occasion she isn't available but I still need a haircut. Yesterday I stopped at a different shop and had a haircut by a woman who has cut my hair before. She did a good job but it isn't the same. My wife even asked, did Sookie cut your hair?

Sookie is kind of funny and a bit possessive. In 4-5 weeks when I go and have it cut again, she'll know. So I'll stroke her ego a bit and it'll all be better.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 04-28-2012, 06:25 AM
Post Fiend

cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.cjben has a spectacular reputation.
yup. I am my favorite barber,and I work for cheap also!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Ambassador

hanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputationhanklin has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjben View Post
yup. I am my favorite barber,and I work for cheap also!!
I`m with ya Ben.
I buzz it myself!!

Buford T Justice "There aint No way, No way, that you could come from my loins"
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Taxpayer Subsidized

cmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputationcmpd1781 has a superb reputation
My barber is the archtypical Italian barber from NY......

He moved (retired) down here a few years ago, and as a bonus, moved into the area I patrol. Bought a nice spread and made a 1-chair detached barber shop right at his home.......He's pretty much retired, but has a regular 'word-of-mouth' clientele including several other officers. Can't beat the price ($10)......

And he's a barber, GD.....Not a 'hair stylist'......

"The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; the second is war. Both bring a temporary prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunists." (Ernest Hemingway)
Old 04-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
My wife has cut my hair for the past 12yrs, ex wife cut it when we were married. Only been to a barber inbetween them LOL.

This is appropriate here

Ray Stevens - The Haircut Song - YouTube

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be teh same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilage to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
I go to an old fashioned barber.. In fact he is the fourth generation of the family that has cut my hair since the first one..

I just walk in and sit down.. Never have to tell him how to cut it
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Postmaster

ckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud ofckal704 has much to be proud of
I use an old fashioned barber. i would let my wife cut my hair, but she is not at all interested. Never been in the military, but I have liked the look of a flattop for the past 20 years (probably in homage to my shop teachers when I was in school in the 70's).
Anyway, I live in a small town. My barber is a retired member of the local volunteer fire company. When I get my hair cut, I get all the info on what is happening in town. In fact, about 10 years ago my barber had rotator cuff surgery and was out of work for about 6 months. I went to another local establishment (not as well connected to the community) and at the time of my final haircut with them, she asked if I'd stay with them once my barber came back online. I told her "no way!" It took ten years of patronage at my original barber until the locals quit going silent when I walked in (because I was, at the time, new to the area).
Now I am a bona-fide "local", and am privy to all the juicy goings-on in our community, which is handy info for me to know as a high school teacher.
At $11.00 a pop every 4-6 weeks, I find it money well spent.

97 250 PSD Ex Cab Sd 4X4 ZF5 185k
Buncha low budget mods
"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."
Old 04-28-2012, 11:58 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Great story, my only pre-requisite is this pole. Luckily now they not barber/surgeons.
Attached Images

Join the So Cal chapter here
Be Like Steve
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Postmaster

danorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputationdanorules has a superb reputation
I go to an old Italian guy, real old school barber shop. A guys club, with playboys right out on the counter. And the cut is right every time
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Post Fiend

JWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputationJWA has a superb reputation
I go where ever the girls are young, wear low cut tops, talk a mile-a-minute, chomp Bubblicious like its life saving----and do a good job too..........

Its been a while since I've had a trim as you might suspect!

In reality though I stumbled across an old school barber, $8 for the entire deal but have to say its absolutely one of the best I've ever had. He's bringing along a younger partner, rents part of his building to a "stylist" mostly for the ladies so he's a one stop shop.

Sadly he's about 30 miles from me but $8 and a good job too!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Post Fiend

jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.jroehl has a spectacular reputation.
Been buzzing myself for about 16 years now. Early on, I went through several clippers (was still money ahead), until about 10 years ago, my wife asked her maid of honor (a hair stylist) what clippers to get and how to get them to last. So I went from burning up $30 clippers every couple years to a $45 set that has lasted 10 years and is still going strong. My boys (10 and 12) have never been to a barber.

Jason

Probably the greatest harm done by vast wealth is the harm that we of moderate means do ourselves when we let the vices of envy and hatred enter deep into our own natures.
Theodore Roosevelt
Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Postmaster

Furyus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputationFuryus1 has a superb reputation
I don't have a barber. There's a barber here in town I've gone to - he's a helluva good barber, but a bit of a nutcase - conversations get interesting around him...

I've been to barbers, stylists, and I've done my own. My hairstyle changes on a whim depending on my overall mood and feeling. Over the years from growing up until now, I've had short hair; long hair; a mullet (not by choice - my mom thought it would look better in a high school yearbook than the long mane I had been sporting); hair down to my butt (I could do a really good Cousin Itt impression); a Marine Corps "High & Tight"; a mohawk; and, I've had my head shaved by a skinhead once (to get rid of a really bad "barracks cut"). Not necessarily in that order...

I've been buzzing my hair down to 3/8" for years, but sometime around a year ago, after a good family friend passed away, I decided to let it grow back out again. It's back to being shoulder length now and I keep it tied back in a ponytail. My facial hair is a trimmed circle beard that comes down into a 2.5" long goatee (I'm letting the goatee grow out also). My hairline has receded a bit since the last time I let it grow out so, it's not as "full" as before LOL...

Eventually, I'll get tired of it and chop it back off. It's just hair - as long as it keeps growing out of my head, I might as well find something to do with it...

I had thought of doing another mohawk, but I talked myself out of it - too much work to keep it maintained...

I'm not one for keeping the same "look" from childhood to the grave - I've never understood how people can do it... It would drive me nuts... I'm also not much into looking like everyone else around me... LOL...
"
You obviously don't comprehend the level of insane I operate at." - The 4th Doctor
Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
I've been through a few of them over the years. I always look for the barber pole outside. Won't go to a stylist type joint. Been using the same one now for several years and will continue to do so until he retires. Then I'll call and give him a hard time for retiring.

The place I go to is a one man shop. There's always 2 or 3 guys sitting in the waiting chairs when I show up but they're just there to shoot the breeze, not for a haircut. (If it were women it would be called gossip) A 5 to 10 min. haircut usually takes 45 min to an hour to get out just so you have time to catch up with everyone and listen to stories.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Postmaster

19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of19fifty4 has much to be proud of
This month makes 37 years at the same shop. Alex founded the shop back in the early 60's and cut my hair until he retired in 1997. He had a small setup (1 chair ) at his place in the country and after he retired I would go down there and he would cut it for me. He was a great guy and had wisdom that a headstrong young man like myself needed to hear from time to time. He had sold the shop to one of the guys that worked for him and now that guy cuts my hair as he has been doing for the past 15 years. Ironically he grew up just a few houses down the street from me and I knew him as a kid. It's a regular barber shop - nothing fancy. Can't imagine having to go anywhere else.

54 F100
01 F150
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Postmaster

00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation00BlueOvalRanger has a superb reputation
There's a really nice lady from the Philippines that cuts my hair.
She retired from cutting hair at the Pentagon, several years ago, and opened her own shop.

Great hands!!

I get a 'high and tight' flattop and she shaves w/ two differnt razors, then messages my head/neck for 5 minutes!!
Heaven, I tell ya. Heaven.

"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan
Old 05-01-2012, 08:24 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General NON-Automotive Conversation

Tags
arizona, barber, barbershop, barracks, cut, enthusiasts, flattop, haircut, northern, retired, shop, truck, woman