Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
anyone have a Bull Bar on their Excursion?

Been wanting to add a Bull Bar to the front of my Excursion. Anyone have one on their Excursion? Any manufacturers you would recommend to go with or stay away from?

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 AM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
Good question Rich. I am considering the same thing. I like the full brush guards for deer protection, but then it is a pain to work around. I like the clean look of the bull bars.

I am partial to the black ones like:

My Ranch Hand brush guard I had on my F350 started peeling the black coating after a few of years. Considering all the abuse it took from all the highway driving I did with it I "would" probably buy one of their products again. I am sure that anything that is in front of the vehicle is going to take a lot of abuse from rocks and such. I like the idea of black, so that I can just hit it with the spray can once in a while.... but then again my X is black.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
I hear ya. One of my concerns is that I removed to valance supporrt bar (not sure the exact name of it) under the bumper when I did my lift. Not sure if this will be an issue or not.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Posting Guru

TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post
I hear ya. One of my concerns is that I removed to valance supporrt bar (not sure the exact name of it) under the bumper when I did my lift. Not sure if this will be an issue or not.
PO removed mine. I am sure they all mount the same.... just need to see how they mount. I can't imagine that bar would matter as it is a safety device. Supposed to keep the X from swallowing little cars. LOL
Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post
Rich, you took out the blocker beam?

I guess you don't have to worry about picking a Prius out of your grille anymore because you'll just drive over 'em now!

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Rich, you took out the blocker beam?

I guess you don't have to worry about picking a Prius out of your grille anymore because you'll just drive over 'em now!

Stewart
What's a Prius?... Oh is that one of those battery powered "California" cars that has a bigger lifetime ozone foot prints then our Excursions?

We do actually see a few of those over here in Iowa, but not near as many as we used to see on the west coast. Rich probably doesn't see to many in SD either.

As far as the blocker beams go, I look at it this way: Don't get in the way next time. LOL
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdLtly View Post
We do actually see a few of those ...
Well, I guess I see 'em. Hard not to look at 'em when I take the crowbar out and use it to unwedge 'em from my grille or the wife's Excursion grille.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Save your pennies and get a real bumper/bull bar combo.
Attached Images

2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's + 2'' level mini-pack, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig sent to GermanMike, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Well, I guess I see 'em. Hard not to look at 'em when I take the crowbar out and use it to unwedge 'em from my grille or the wife's Excursion grille.

Stewart
That is funny. I can picture it.... caught another Prius for you Honey, but you have to remove it and clean it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Save your pennies and get a real bumper/bull bar combo.
Pennies? 180,000+ of them.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i had an ebay bar on my old '04...it was the right price

2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Postmaster

Looking on Ebay as well, do u think I'll have any problems installing with the bash bar removed?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
none, has nothing to do with the mounting.
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Postmaster

hasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to allhasteranger is a name known to all
those style bars reduce your approach angle and they are weak as hell.. any hit just pushes them backwards into the grille. idk the ex shares the super duties massive tow hook points that most aftermarket grille guards bolt to, there is no reason to run tubes under the bumper like that. Its a weaker attachment method due to the leverage the bars exert on the mounting points if you ever hit anything.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Postmaster

Yeah, I was wondering about that when I watched some of the install videos on the internet. I would like to find something that you can actually use or be functional instead of just for show. I guess the bunper push bar comination might be the better choice. But then I should have done the X codes instead of the V codes maybee
Old 04-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasteranger View Post
those style bars reduce your approach angle and they are weak as hell.. any hit just pushes them backwards into the grille. idk the ex shares the super duties massive tow hook points that most aftermarket grille guards bolt to, there is no reason to run tubes under the bumper like that. Its a weaker attachment method due to the leverage the bars exert on the mounting points if you ever hit anything.
LOL.... People actually worry about approach angle's on 7,000+ lb vehicles? That is hilarious. I would imagine that anyone that is really that serious about off roading will be using the X to get them there and the Bronco or Heep to play, but to each his own.

I don't think that anyone that puts a bull bar is thinking that it will actually protect anything. Most of the ones that I have seen are usually just light bars. That is the only reason that I am looking at them.

I guess if you are an off road enthusiast then I certainly hope that you would not have very high expectations for something like these.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
1999, 2002, aftermarket, bar, beam, blocker, brush, bull, bumper, daily, driver, excursion, f350, ford, guard, pcm, v10