Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Happy birthday, Alex!

Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 427 fordman
Happy birthday Alex!

I don't like the 6.4 grill, I can't stand the parking light above the headlight look on it. For some reason drives me nuts. I like the newer grill better. However, I'll never own either one, so who cares, right??

Todd, how many rooms are you demo-ing?
Eventually 6. Got in here and half the outlets didn't work the furnace went out and the oven didn't work. So things got changed in order. There's a half bath connected to the closet that will be converted into a larger half bath. Part of that bath wall buts up to the kitchen, so that's where the new double wall oven is going. I'm hoping to make a good dent in the first floor by spring cause it needs a lot of attention outside as well.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy birthday Alex.

I drove a 6.7 when they first came out but that was before they gave them more power. Should be sweet!

Sounds like quite the project Todd. You buy houses like I buy vehicles

Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy B-Day Alex!

Old 01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Happy birthday Alex!!

Wear a mask Todd!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Happy b say alex! Dont drink too much...

Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Happy birthday alex!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy b-day bud

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Happy birthday Alex!!

Wear a mask Todd!
You better believe it! I've got plastic up, that plaster dust just gets everywhere. I'm actually kind of lucky the truck is down. Having my bosses IDI dump allows my to throw it right in the truck!

Old 01-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Happy Birthday Alex! I am only about 6-7 months older than you. LOL

Those 6.7s are nice trucks, but I'm not impressed with the engine. Maybe I'm not impressed because of what I'm used to driving... Not sure, but I would love to have that nice truck and have it run as hard and be as reliable as my OBS. haha

EDIT: I should probably say I want that nice truck and have it run as hard and reliable as my OBS USED to run. LMFAO
Originally Posted by tshrager
Happy Birthday Alex!

There's something about those 6.7's that doesn't sit right with me. To me, the 6.4's are the best looking super dutys
Originally Posted by tshrager
Ugh this old house is all plaster. I hate demoing plaster. At least it's not rib lathe. I also cant figure out how they ran the water lines upstairs. And I only have coors light in the fridge that my buddy left. Yuck
Originally Posted by 427 fordman
Happy birthday Alex!

I don't like the 6.4 grill, I can't stand the parking light above the headlight look on it. For some reason drives me nuts. I like the newer grill better. However, I'll never own either one, so who cares, right??

Todd, how many rooms are you demo-ing?
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
Happy birthday, Alex!
Originally Posted by FI460
Happy birthday Alex.

I drove a 6.7 when they first came out but that was before they gave them more power. Should be sweet!

Sounds like quite the project Todd. You buy houses like I buy vehicles
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Happy B-Day Alex!
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Happy birthday Alex!!

Wear a mask Todd!
Originally Posted by fordman67
Happy b say alex! Dont drink too much...
Originally Posted by stainlessstroker95
Happy birthday alex!
Originally Posted by fordpride
Happy b-day bud
THANKS GUYS!
It was great! Other than the working part of the day, but i got a steak dinner smothered in onions/mushrooms/cheese. Mashed taters with bacon/chives/cheese. Sadad. Home grown green beans. Garlic Bread (kinda random but i love garlic bread). and CHEESECAKE!

Oh and I got $100

And the truck is AWESOME! I got to drive it and I think the reason i liked it so much was just cuz its new and never been in a vehicle with so many gizmos... but overall i wasnt too impressed with the pickup/power levels.
That being said we didnt hook up and pull anything, but I expected better power from the factory stock considering they took the 6.7 and broke the land speed record (granted that had compression alterations, injectors, turbo) lots of stuff... STILL. For 65k you should get RIDICULOUS power. lol

Thanks again yall. now for the weekend! after some more work..

Old 01-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
And what sucks is next week starts my schedule from down below...
Mon-wed-fri is class 8-3.
and work tues/thurs for 10 hrs.

Worst part about class is its an hour and 20 commute... so my days will start at the 430 or so. lol

BUT once i get my cars exhaust on and all tuned up for the long commutes my truck will be getting mods finally on my weekends off.
I finally decided for all the CCLB F350 out there that I could find... they wanted too much $$. Too much bs with private sellers too.
So Gretchen is getting E-fuel, injectors, intercooled, and a turbo sometime here in 2013! I have the intercooler/spyder already on my shelf. I need to order some pipes from Chris or get some SD pipes and clamps/boots from clay.

Anyway.. big plans.. will take a while since fri night/sat night are my nights off.
So I havent started my build thread cuz itd be a BS fest like SOME people I know... lol

Old 01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
richdawg
Fleet Mechanic
Happy Belated Birthday Alex
It sure sounds like you going to be a busy boy with school / work and trying to get some stuff done on the psd. I am looking forward for you to get that intercooler in, I'm about the same as you with parts I've collected just need some motivation and cooperation with weather.
Something I wanted comment on with the newer trucks is, I haven't heard any one mention that some of the newer trucks need the body lifted to do some work on them, so that turned me off giving the newer ones any thought at all like I could afford one

Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Thanks Rich! I sure will be!

I finally got a heater for the garage... and if i remove the antennas and deflate the tires to 10PSI and have my 300# friend in the bed we can get my truck to fit in the garage! So for the winter im hoping to have it there.
And yes I believe 6.4s and 6.7s you have to remove the cab for quite a few different tasks. NOT COOL IMHO... lol

Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Awitte58
THANKS GUYS!
It was great! Other than the working part of the day, but i got a steak dinner smothered in onions/mushrooms/cheese. Mashed taters with bacon/chives/cheese. Sadad. Home grown green beans. Garlic Bread (kinda random but i love garlic bread). and CHEESECAKE!

Oh and I got $100

Thanks again yall. now for the weekend! after some more work..
I miss my name in that list of happy B-day, and I was the first one to mention it (LOL)

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
... STILL. For 65k you should get RIDICULOUS power. lol ..
That's one way of looking at it. Just think what you could do to your truck with just half that much money. And you still wouldn't have to figure out what to do with that stupid ugly grill they put on those new trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread