1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 12:34 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bigfoot!!!

Just kidding. Around here you pretty much only have to worry about coyotes when hunting.

Old 10-21-2016, 01:54 PM
dclack
Fleet Mechanic
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by nateairman
Any of you collect old singer sEwing machines? I picked a old hand crank 128 up and need to find some bits and pieces. I am hoping to give it to my mother for Christmas

Thanks,
Nathan (yes another one)
A few years back my wife picked up this old electric Singer for $20. I was able to find some parts and an original manual from a company on ebay. I don't think they have a website but here is their phone number and email address.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:03 PM
knottyrope
Lead Driver
Received 874 Likes on 665 Posts
I used to service sewing machines in Boston school systems back in the 80s.

some of the machines I worked on were older than my grandma and worked well

some pedal machines converted to electric too

Old 10-21-2016, 04:07 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm pretty sure those were of a grizzly. It is pretty grown in there though so I figured I didn't want to go it to find out

Old 10-21-2016, 05:51 PM
FI460
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
I'm pretty sure those were of a grizzly. It is pretty grown in there though so I figured I didn't want to go it to find out
No thank you. I'll stick with black bears and leave the grizz for Jeremiah Johnson...

Old 10-21-2016, 07:25 PM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
The grizzly is making a come back. We have had a sighting here in Squamish. A few Elk and wolves as well. Working near the COS office you get to see and hear a lot.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:02 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Happy Saturday everyone.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:27 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,103 Likes on 2,165 Posts
Originally Posted by dclack
A few years back my wife picked up this old electric Singer for $20. I was able to find some parts and an original manual from a company on ebay. I don't think they have a website but here is their phone number and email address.

my grandfather worked for the Singer Sewing Machine company for 42 years in Elizabeth New Jersey.
my mother still has the first machine he gave my great grandmother back in 1921.
it is an old pedal machine that was later converted to electric drive sometime in the late 40's. but the way it was converted you can still use it as a pedal machine if power went out.

Old 10-22-2016, 04:02 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
I think you made a wise choice Nick! Video went around a couple weeks ago of a guy that got attacked twice and lived to tell ty story. Crazy. Here's a link if you want to investigate.

What Todd Orr?s Mauling Teaches Us About Bear Attacks | Outside Online

Old 10-23-2016, 08:32 AM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Also, I just heard black bear has been spotted in NE Texas for the first time in a long time. That would be a sight to see around my house!!

Also, I will be first in line for the first season's tags lol Probably 20 years out though

Old 10-23-2016, 10:58 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are a lot of black bear here. They are our state animal. I have run them out of the yard, had them stand at the base of the tree I was bow hunting out of and look up at me, run out in front of me driving, even had my two little dogs (a Chiweenie and a Yorkie) had one treed in my yard a few weeks ago. The only time I really worry about them is if it is a Sow with cubs. She can be unpredictable and sometimes dangerous. A guy I know was in his tree stand bow hunting, and a large sow with two cubs came by his stand. She caught his scent and immediately woofed at the cubs and sent them up a tree. She then began searching for him. She kept her nose up winding in his direction. She came up the tree beside him, then she saw him in his tree stand. They can't see very well at all, but they have an amazing sense of smell. After she spotted him, she went back down the tree and came up the tree he was in. She tore his tree stand right out from under him leaving him hanging by his safety harness, and then mauled his legs up pretty bad. He was in pretty bad shape for a while.

Old 10-23-2016, 11:19 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Good Almighty Jeezus! That nasty beetch bear needed to be shot!! Poor dude. Hope he's ok now.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:37 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
And that, folks, is why you don't carry anything in the woods with caliber that doesn't start with a 4 or more...

Watched "The Revenant" a few weeks back and that image has stuck with me. If you've seen the movie, you know what I'm talking about.

We don't have many bears here in NE Ohio. We have started seeing a few black bears locally, but they're a real rarity. A buddy of mine swears he spotted one a few miles form my place, but around here, they're few and far between. Coyotes have made a big comeback around here, but I don't worry too much about them. I see or hear them around the farm from time to time, but they're pretty skittish. So far they have left me alone and I have done the same for them.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:05 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Home sweet home! These trips are starting to kill me! The OX did great except for taking a crap on me trying to get to RRE again. That was strike three, I don't know if I'll try it again. Once I get everything in order in this house that has been sitting for six months empty I'm going to try and figure out what happened on the way to RRE. I'm going to start putting my parts back on the OX that was taken off to try to get it running when I broke down. I need to know if it was the GPR, PCM, IDM, CPS or just what was it that caused my break down. I'll probably never find out but still need to know if the PCM and IDM need to be replaced or not.

I don't know how people full time it. I consider myself a half timer but like to have a home base. Its good not having wheels under me and 2,500 square feet to roam around in and a garage!

Old 10-24-2016, 10:23 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Home sweet home! These trips are starting to kill me! The OX did great except for taking a crap on me trying to get to RRE again. That was strike three, I don't know if I'll try it again. Once I get everything in order in this house that has been sitting for six months empty I'm going to try and figure out what happened on the way to RRE. I'm going to start putting my parts back on the OX that was taken off to try to get it running when I broke down. I need to know if it was the GPR, PCM, IDM, CPS or just what was it that caused my break down. I'll probably never find out but still need to know if the PCM and IDM need to be replaced or not.

I don't know how people full time it. I consider myself a half timer but like to have a home base. Its good not having wheels under me and 2,500 square feet to roam around in and a garage!
Glenn, are you back home in AZ? Which city are you in? WE are full timing right now, but have very committed plans to get out in January. We have officially run out of room! At least now you'll have some time to go through the OX and tighten everything up.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread