1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:13 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Thanks Jose, should be home by middle of Oct if all goes well.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:57 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 397 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
That's my daughters middle name, Aaryn. Sold the T, oh man! Ranchero? What Ranchero? lol
Ahhg that makes sence. She doesn't have her middle name on fb.
Lol yeeaa an early one!!

Old 09-26-2016, 11:13 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be jealous! Lol

Wish I would have bought a Ranchero the first time around instead of an El Camino. But it was one of those "it was there so I got it" deals

Old 09-26-2016, 12:03 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to hear from you Glenn!

I got my roof done this weekend. 14 hours saturday, 2 hours sunday. My back is sore. Got the job done for half of the cheapest quote that I got.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:18 PM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good job on the roof Cowmilker!

I had a trailer dropped by last night that needed to go with me today. I was told it had a very long tongue so I didn't worry about it. Then 7 pm trailer arrives has a 4' tongue.....

Needless to say I was up dark and early. Had to unload the fab tools do some steel shopping at 6 am. 4 hours later. Voila!

Nothing close to the gross weight some of you guys do, but it sure feels awkward.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:50 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Them slide ins are top heavy for sure! Good looking set up

Old 09-26-2016, 08:54 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Good to hear from you Glenn!

I got my roof done this weekend. 14 hours saturday, 2 hours sunday. My back is sore. Got the job done for half of the cheapest quote that I got.
Thanks Phil, I finally got out of the dark side (lol) and I should of returned a text but haven't, sorry. Glad you got that ugly job done without getting hurt!

Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Ahh good to be back. My 2nd iPhone 6 quit do has to wait a week for a replacement...

On a side note, my trucks been acting up a bit recently. Nothing major, it's just when I'm cruising through town at a steady speed, my diesel "knock" will come and go. Almost like it's cutting out for a split second. It doesn't feel like it's losing power much when it does it but it is only for a split second. I didn't think it was real bad until I had my window down one day, then it's pretty noticeable
Booo! Apple. Android is where it's at.

That sounds to me like you're losing ICP for some reason. I would guess that either the ICP ir IPR are failing (or have a loose connection). Mine did this for a while until I swapped out the IPR. If you had Torque you could monitor it, but wait.. Oh yeah. Apple. Sorry bud, looks like you're SOL! Haha.

Old 09-28-2016, 10:58 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic

That sounds to me like you're losing ICP for some reason. I would guess that either the ICP ir IPR are failing (or have a loose connection). Mine did this for a while until I swapped out the IPR. If you had Torque you could monitor it, but wait.. Oh yeah. Apple. Sorry bud, looks like you're SOL! Haha.
On this note...dumb question cuz I know it's been said, buuuuuuut what's the DC supposed to be at WOT?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster

I do know his ICP was full of oil when I still had the truck. I think he may have a suspect stick, it never would run on all 8 when damp untill it built some heat.

By the way, HI NATE!! Haha. Good to see you on here!

Old 09-28-2016, 12:27 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by madMatador78
I do know his ICP was full of oil when I still had the truck. I think he may have a suspect stick, it never would run on all 8 when damp untill it built some heat.

By the way, HI NATE!! Haha. Good to see you on here!
ICP could be the issue, then. I know they'll do that and sound funny (get real quiet) when the HPO pressure falls way off. I don't know if a sticking injector would do it or not. I could see where it could affect HPO on one bank, but not both...

Hi Thomas! How are things? I haven't been on here a lot lately, so I haven't seen any updates on Great White.

Old 09-28-2016, 05:32 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Originally Posted by BBslider001
On this note...dumb question cuz I know it's been said, buuuuuuut what's the DC supposed to be at WOT?
That's kind of a loaded question. I go more from the combination of ICP pressure and dc% . if the DC is high and pressure isn't climbing then you know you have an issue. I know I have seen 3200 with like 35%dc on a moderate pull.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:18 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
ICP could be the issue, then. I know they'll do that and sound funny (get real quiet) when the HPO pressure falls way off. I don't know if a sticking injector would do it or not. I could see where it could affect HPO on one bank, but not both...

Hi Thomas! How are things? I haven't been on here a lot lately, so I haven't seen any updates on Great White.
I'm doing OK. No updates on white. As soon as I get a few things paid. I will start saving up for its goodies. It's going to be good!! I feel a little guilty. Haven't started it in almost 2 weeks.

Blue is running very well. We have made it past the first 1000 miles. Oil pressure is outstanding. Way better than resting on the stop of the gauge at idle. I'm going to be taking it on a camping trip here next weekend. Gonna pull the Jayco. My wallet isn't deep enough to pull the mallard. Gonna meet up with Aaron and JP and enjoy a long weekend of camping. Reliability wise the 83 had defiantly proven itself. It's been flawless motor wise, just a few odds and ends to deal with. The upgrade to 40/20/40 seats was one of the best things I had done. Overall it's going to be a great truck for this winter. It's pretty hard on fuel though, won't lie. Not much can be done about that.

How's things coming on the house? I haven't seen any updates lately on FB. Hope all is well!

Old 09-28-2016, 07:43 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Originally Posted by madMatador78
I'm doing OK. No updates on white. As soon as I get a few things paid. I will start saving up for its goodies. It's going to be good!! I feel a little guilty. Haven't started it in almost 2 weeks.

Blue is running very well. We have made it past the first 1000 miles. Oil pressure is outstanding. Way better than resting on the stop of the gauge at idle. I'm going to be taking it on a camping trip here next weekend. Gonna pull the Jayco. My wallet isn't deep enough to pull the mallard. Gonna meet up with Aaron and JP and enjoy a long weekend of camping. Reliability wise the 83 had defiantly proven itself. It's been flawless motor wise, just a few odds and ends to deal with. The upgrade to 40/20/40 seats was one of the best things I had done. Overall it's going to be a great truck for this winter. It's pretty hard on fuel though, won't lie. Not much can be done about that.

How's things coming on the house? I haven't seen any updates lately on FB. Hope all is well!
Or pull the jayco with white !?!?
That would be a real fuel sipper...

Old 09-28-2016, 08:08 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordman67
Or pull the jayco with white !?!?
That would be a real fuel sipper...
Dad tried that one on me too. Lol.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread