1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
Hey William, with your 5.11 T-shirt and your avatar, I have to wonder - Are you on ARFcom? If so, what's your username there?
ARF?

I only go to SteyrClub and participate in youtube gun/knife forums.

5.11 sent me the t-shirt for free though. =)

My avatar I had to make though.
It's on the wall on youtube.com/user/theARMORYchannel/
I liked it and made it for my neighbor because he said dillhole all the time.
I've just kind of adopted it because I really am a Tactical Dillhole.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Talyn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Leemakesmepee
I watched Pride and Work Ethic - YouTube
And i understand what you mean. Ive done some hard stupid work, but gave it my all and got the job done. I think more people need to understand pride and work ethic.
I always wonder about how people will take that video. I feel kinda like a dweeb while making it.

The most amusing part though after that video, that guy blamed me for his irrigation system not working after that. haha.

He said I cut it in half with a shovel.

Must think I'm an idiot to run a shovel though the drip hose.

I had to pierce the plastic in about 50 spots so I just checked for the hose and tapped it though the top and planted the seed. My shovel isn't sharp enough to cut drip hose.

I don't think he was letting it run long enough before freaking out.

The guy who owned the place was an out of place hippy. I like the guy cause he has more ambition than 90% of the people out there. He just goes about things really poorly because he's in a hurry, or doesn't want to put in that extra inch.
Though, he will work hard all day, I will say that. He just half asses some things.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I watched the video too, and I agree wholeheartedly with you that the best place to learn a work ethic is "down on the farm" (No, not Bob Evans...). I worked on a small dairy farm for 7 years growing up. Just summers and after school at first, but I was the only full time employee they had. I learned more in those years than I think anyone could learn in the same number of years in college. Days like today when the sun is shining, the air is crisp, and there is corn to be harvested I still miss it. I still want to be a farmer when I grow up....

Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
ARF?
AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!)

As far as I can tell, it's the biggest gun board on the internet. I think you would fit right in over there, if you so desired. Plenty of good information on there in the technical forums and plenty of knuckleheads to fight against in General Discussion.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AR15.Com - Your Firearm Resource. (AR-15, AR-10, M4 Carbine, M16, H&K, SIG, FNH, FAL, AK-47, 50 Cal, M1/M1A, Handgun, Pistol, Training, Hunting, and More!)

As far as I can tell, it's the biggest gun board on the internet. I think you would fit right in over there, if you so desired. Plenty of good information on there in the technical forums and plenty of knuckleheads to fight against in General Discussion.
I stay mostly to the home town forums and occasionally the industry forms... but it's a good site with mostly good people.

The Larue industry forum can be fun... good products too...

Richard

Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Talyn
Hotshot

Thats kinda neat.

Lots of those people don't like the people I watch on youtube.
Plus its a lot of blowhards and armchair elitists.

That's why I stick with the youtube communities. I can make a few extra bucks, and I can meet some amazing people and know they are not just talking ****.

Here are some of the channels I watch.

I'll give a quick annotation about it.

The Yankee Marshal - YouTube
This guy doesn't do shooting videos, Just funny informational videos.
If you want a good joke, check out the video about what to do if your in a public restroom.
It's part of a running gag if your confused, but still funny if you dont know the gag.

This is taking forever with my **** connection.
I cannot wait to get this high speed they put in here.

160 startup fee with 2 year agreement and 65 a month for 3meg connection.
I'll step it down to the 30 a month plan when I leave and its just my dad here.
At least I'll be able to skype with him and stuff then!

theARMORYchannel - YouTube
Pete is good for a gag, but he rambles a lot.
He gets lots of goodies in the mail for some reason and has a loyal fan base.
He's really gun smart as well.
Great to talk with and doesn't take any ****.
Has a decent gun collection.

Falia Freedom Channel - YouTube
I'm not much for the whole "babes and guns" thing, but this girl is smart and isn't using sex appeal to do her videos. But let me tell ya, smokin hot! She doesn't put out much content, but I'm putting her in here because she deserves the support. She reviews items a lot of times.

Guns loaded and I Feel Safe - YouTube
Ebomey is funny as hell. I couldn't take him at first because I didn't understand what was going on.
There is a little community between a few of these guys and Pete is one of them. Lots of running gags between the channels. Ebomeys wife blew up a Fliers jersey and sent it to Pete, his favorite hockey team. Funny as hell. Lots of humor on his channel, like the fat guy in the tac vest video, check that one out.

CampfireTalk - YouTube
Campfire talk is a super dude. He's in middle Tennessee.
Lots of adventure videos. I like those sorta things. I hope I can con him into taking me hiking this next year and doing some video's together.

Bigshooterist's Channel - Join us at the Range - YouTube
Apparently this guy has been writing for gun magazines for a long time.
Has lots of Full Auto Firearms.
Recently he's been going over the whole Assault weapon fiasco thing about how the media falsely portrays semi auto rifles as "assault" weapons.

BandEBrewReviews - YouTube
Okay, if you dont watch any of these channels I am listing, at least watch this one.
It's Ebomey and some other guy I dont care about. I watch Ebomeys beer reviews. They are fun and half the time he's **** faced when he starts them. I like to make fun of him for it.

Dark Arts, Gunsmithing, Reloading, Shooting - YouTube
I'm throwing this one in there because they have great intent.
I don't watch it for Eric, the guy who runs the channel. I watch it for Barry, as I think 99% of the subscribers do.

HICKOK45 - YouTube
Hickok45 is a bit to take if your used to other types of reviews. I offered him my C9-A1 to shoot, but he has a busy schedule.
Him and a few others have a "group" as well that stick pretty close and you'll see them together in video's every now and then.

www.gavko.info = My knife cave - YouTube
Gavkoo is super cool guy.
He makes some awesome blades. I'm throwing him in cause if you guys are into knives and stuff like that, he sells knives though his youtube channel. All custom knives. Super guy and could use the support.

SugarcreekForge's channel - YouTube
Tim is a knife maker and has his own forge. He does a lot of the heat treating for other knife makers on youtube.
He had a super giveaway a while back. Design your own knife thing and like 15 other prizes. I didnt win. =*(

Get Out - YouTube
Crocket is a super dude!
Has some awesome hiking video's and adventure videos.
He's been hurt, so he's just now putting video's out again. he did something really horrible to his back.

Military Arms Channel - YouTube
Military Arms Channel
He has full auto stuff too and his own personal range. Awesome dude with lots of knowledge and cool stuff. Very professional style video.

TAOFLEDERMAUS Slow Motion - YouTube
This channel Rocks!!
He is very active in his comments too, so you can chat with him. He's a high speed camera guy. Some of his recent video's are Silly Putty shot gun shells and stuff similar to that. He plays with bey-blades, mercury, air cannons. its just a super channel.

TNP Gear and Life Adventures, THE NUTNFANCY PROJECT - YouTube
And yes, I'm a nutnfancy fan. People hate and trash on this guy hardcore in forums. The thing is, he's out doing stuff, WTF are we all doing? We are sitting inside on the computers. I won a knife in one of his giveaways. They award prizes based on participation in the community, not some random drawing. He's doing some stuff right now with autocross. All his reviews are long, but he really goes hardcore on stuff and lets you know all about the products. His adventures and stuff revitalized me from being depressed and gave me a new meaning to adventuring and life. If you want some good stories, check out his Air Force stories. He was a Lt Col in the air force.

Okay, yeah, that's a HUGE list.
This is just a portion of the groups I usually keep up with on youtube.
Having no high speed means I have to catch up on 200+ video's when I go bum internet at somebodies house for a few days.

I'm not sure all of you who are youtube people, or have the time. But I can sit and relax and watch a video while I work on something else, visit a few forums or sometimes I'll read a book while watching youtube video's. (yes, I can do both)
It's all about gathering information and furthering your skills in life. Thats my goals on it anyways.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

I'm on GD most of the time, lol.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
I'm on GD most of the time, lol.

What?.......

Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

That was in response to DarkStar's comment. I meant AR15.com's General Discussion.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM
DarkStarMedia
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was in response to DarkStar's comment. I meant AR15.com's General Discussion.
Yea... I don't bother with GD over there...

Lots of ego and little else... At least that is what I hear.

Richard

Old 10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

I only hang out there for fun, I try to stay away from the pissing contests. There are a lot of guys over there that think they know everything about everything. There is a pretty regular supply of entertaining threads over there, though, which is why I hang out there quite a bit.

Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 AM
BuckHammer
Cargo Master

Old 10-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Shearing video coming.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Talyn
Hotshot