Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Jose I don't know how to be lazy.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:50 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpride
Glenn glad everyone is ok. Sucks about the truck. Look on the bright side you get to mid all over again.

Oh Boy!

Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Wow, take a few days off from FTE and I'm way behind on the OT thread, lol. I had 6 pages to read through.
That's a nice looking truck Glenn. I hope the EC works for you. It should. My only problem with it is trying to get the car seat in the back. The front seats don't go far enough forward for the seat to fit. I have to go between the seats. I can't wait for that kid to be old enough to just sit on a booster seat.

I did like the CC but we will be fine with the EC. Which one are you in that picture? I think I know most of the guys but not all.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

The cause of the fire has been determined. A nice big hole in the oil pressure line to the turbo. The guy who pulled the motor thinks it broke, the hot turbo started the fire and the electric smell I got was the windshield motor wire burning up causing all the wiring to go.

Name:  1437505608_zps251d3595.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  160.5 KB

The broke oil line poured over the exhaust side of the turbo, the streaks can be seen.

Name:  1437502144_zpsb42edbfa.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  208.0 KB

Loaded and ready to roll. I matched up the rear ends, think they can make baby dually's?

Name:  1437522916_zps085b866c.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  248.9 KB

Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the official "the I should be working on my truck instead of typing thread"

Glad there's finally a conclusion Glenn. Hopefully see you at RRE 2016!!!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:44 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Glad there's finally a conclusion Glenn. Hopefully see you at RRE 2016!!!
You bet, third try will be a charm!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:46 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang Glenn. While there's is pry satisfaction in knowing what caused it, it still really REALLY sucks that it happened at all. Ugh, still in disbelief about it all.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:54 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordpride
Healing pretty good just feel like I've been shot at and missed and chit at and hit

I'm up and about somewhat back to normal. I spen 9 hours and a tractor Sunday working 110 yards of dirt and now I'm paying for it

Good to hear from you bud! I text you a while back to see how you were doing.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
The cause of the fire has been determined. A nice big hole in the oil pressure line to the turbo. The guy who pulled the motor thinks it broke, the hot turbo started the fire and the electric smell I got was the windshield motor wire burning up causing all the wiring to go.

The broke oil line poured over the exhaust side of the turbo, the streaks can be seen.

Loaded and ready to roll. I matched up the rear ends, think they can make baby dually's?

You suspected that cause the cause from the beginning and you were right! Glad you know now what it was. If that line wasn't rubbing or touching anything and just broke on it's own.....I think I would be calling someone.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:01 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Just very chitty really. Wish there were some recourse for that failure.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:06 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Well Glenn, you always wanted an engine to rebuild......there ya go! LOL!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld

You suspected that cause the cause from the beginning and you were right! Glad you know now what it was. If that line wasn't rubbing or touching anything and just broke on it's own.....I think I would be calling someone.
This was my exact thought. Although I doubt it would do much good, but you never know till you try. Travel safe Glenn. I'm sure you've ready but a couple thousand miles on Babe by now.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Yet they cut the wiring harness:-{

I'm gonna put some heat insulating slave on my oil lime.I did run it forward immediately and loop it up from the front to keep it away from all that heat.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:44 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. I guess it's good to know what actually caused it, huh? I wonder if you guys running these setups would be better off with some other kind of supply line. Could you bend a soft metal line to do the job? Copper maybe?

Glenn, I don't know if they could make baby duallies, but I bet the mare could be made into one big 'ol mean 4x4..... Just sayin'.....

Did you check the bearings in the turbo? If that line blew, it may have run the bearings dry for a brief period before you pulled over. I'd look it over real good before I would swap it over onto a new mill. Aside from that, I'm glad to see you've got some resolution and you're motoring again. Stinks you missed RRE this year (again) but hey, like any good Cleveland sports fan knows; there's always next year, lol.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:50 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordman67

I'm gonna put some heat insulating slave on my oil lime.I did run it forward immediately and loop it up from the front to keep it away from all that heat.
Yeah...they couldn't take the one little bolt out and unplug it

I'll never understand why people do that.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:51 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by madMatador78
Dang Glenn. While there's is pry satisfaction in knowing what caused it, it still really REALLY sucks that it happened at all. Ugh, still in disbelief about it all.

I'm still in disbelief myself, its been a week now and I've come a long way in getting out of this buttttttttttttttttt

I'm starting to think that it was rubbing, next time I will wrap it up good.

Just very chitty really. Wish there were some recourse for that failure.

I'm sure there isn't any recourse.

Well Glenn, you always wanted an engine to rebuild......there ya go! LOL!

haha, I'll have my hands full building the blue ox. The mechanic said just put this motor in but have the turbo checked. He thought there was to much slack side to side. I didn't think so but there is a turbo shop near me.

Originally Posted by tshrager
This was my exact thought. Although I doubt it would do much good, but you never know till you try. Travel safe Glenn. I'm sure you've ready but a couple thousand miles on Babe by now.

Its hard to believe it but since Fri 1200 miles.

The harness was burnt but I didn't like it cut either. Do you mean the heat wrap? Not sure what is insulating slave.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:05 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Wow. I guess it's good to know what actually caused it, huh? I wonder if you guys running these setups would be better off with some other kind of supply line. Could you bend a soft metal line to do the job? Copper maybe?

Glenn, I don't know if they could make baby duallies, but I bet the mare could be made into one big 'ol mean 4x4..... Just sayin'.....

Did you check the bearings in the turbo? If that line blew, it may have run the bearings dry for a brief period before you pulled over. I'd look it over real good before I would swap it over onto a new mill. Aside from that, I'm glad to see you've got some resolution and you're motoring again. Stinks you missed RRE this year (again) but hey, like any good Cleveland sports fan knows; there's always next year, lol.

Third time is going to be a charm! That is if I can drag myself thru this again. And before I can do that I have to get home, I'm worried.

Edit: It killed me watching someone else do the work. I wanted to do it but I'm at a campground. Also, the fuel lines looked good.

Yeah...they couldn't take the one little bolt out and unplug it

I'll never understand why people do that.

Its been a long week Bill as I'm sure you have been thru but what do you mean? ( remember, stupid questions are allowed )

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread