Hadn't seen this in a few years...hope it's a good sign

Name:  928FF655-5B10-45E7-9BB7-8D2AB1808D2A.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  306.9 KB

Old 06-26-2015, 11:08 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well at least your getting things sorted out bill. Good luck.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:15 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Well at least your getting things sorted out bill. Good luck.
Yeah. Just gonna take time to get back on track. Thanks bud.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:12 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Hadn't seen this in a few years...hope it's a good sign
that just means it is an old pump that never had the sticker changed.
it has been against the law to sell anything except for ULSD in the united states since Oct 1 2010
there are a few stations here with those stickers too.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:06 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
that just means it is an old pump that never had the sticker changed.
it has been against the law to sell anything except for ULSD in the united states since Oct 1 2010
there are a few stations here with those stickers too.
I thought the same thing, but this station was just built last year. I figured something had to be amiss but it didn't make any sense with new pumps.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:17 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The truck looks really good, Thomas. I much prefer the '97 tailgates over the ones with that big, gaudy trim strip as well. Around here, it's next to impossible to find one that doesn't have a bunch of dents and dings in it anyway. The XL trucks didn't get the trim on the gate either, I don't think.

Bill, I know it's tough being in the position you're in right now but I, for one, applaud you for doing what you need to do to make ends meet. Nobody really looks forward to ripping out roots and relocating to find work, but Lord knows, there are a LOT of people who wouldn't be wiling to make that move and would rather sit out the rest of their days on the public dole, collecting welfare. I know that's not how you are and I think your willingness to pick up and move for the sake of your livelihood and your family says a lot about your character. In a few years, I bet you'll look back at this and see that it was just a bump in the road to being in a much better place. Good for you for knuckling down and doing what you need to do to make it happen. Many lesser men would not be willing to do it.

Well, gents, it's yet another rainy day here today so I guess it's inside work for today. I'm tempted to try and get the camper backed part way into my shop so I can address a few things, but I don't know if I'll go that route or not. I'm sure we'll make the best of it someway or another. Happy Saturday, fellas.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:27 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I thought the same thing, but this station was just built last year. I figured something had to be amiss but it didn't make any sense with new pumps.
i did a lot of station rebuilding years ago, and still do one or two a year.
even with new construction it is common practice to reuse pumps because new computerized pumps run around 7 to 10 grand each, depending on how many options and nozzles are in them.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:09 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
The truck looks really good, Thomas. I much prefer the '97 tailgates over the ones with that big, gaudy trim strip as well. Around here, it's next to impossible to find one that doesn't have a bunch of dents and dings in it anyway. The XL trucks didn't get the trim on the gate either, I don't think.

Bill, I know it's tough being in the position you're in right now but I, for one, applaud you for doing what you need to do to make ends meet. Nobody really looks forward to ripping out roots and relocating to find work, but Lord knows, there are a LOT of people who wouldn't be wiling to make that move and would rather sit out the rest of their days on the public dole, collecting welfare. I know that's not how you are and I think your willingness to pick up and move for the sake of your livelihood and your family says a lot about your character. In a few years, I bet you'll look back at this and see that it was just a bump in the road to being in a much better place. Good for you for knuckling down and doing what you need to do to make it happen. Many lesser men would not be willing to do it.

Well, gents, it's yet another rainy day here today so I guess it's inside work for today. I'm tempted to try and get the camper backed part way into my shop so I can address a few things, but I don't know if I'll go that route or not. I'm sure we'll make the best of it someway or another. Happy Saturday, fellas.
Thanks Nate. I think I'm getting a really good job, and getting in at a really good time. I gotta get some stuff done on my camper too. My next shop will be big enough to back the 5th wheel in! LOL!

i did a lot of station rebuilding years ago, and still do one or two a year.
even with new construction it is common practice to reuse pumps because new computerized pumps run around 7 to 10 grand each, depending on how many options and nozzles are in them.
Tom, is there anything you haven't done? LOL!

Old 06-27-2015, 09:44 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 515 Likes on 249 Posts
Hope the new job goes well Bill. I'm sure you will make the most of it. Finding someone that wants to work for a living is getting harder and harder to find.
I'm off today to watch my oldest grandson compete in the S.D. State High School Rodeo, in saddle bronc. If he rides his horse today, he has a pretty good chance at winning the trophy saddle as state champion bronc rider. I'm SO happy for, and proud of him!

Old 06-27-2015, 10:30 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
That's great Tom! Enjoy the day! It's fixing to be a beautiful day here in south east Iowa!

Old 06-27-2015, 11:40 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Thanks Nate. I think I'm getting a really good job, and getting in at a really good time. I gotta get some stuff done on my camper too. My next shop will be big enough to back the 5th wheel in! LOL!

Tom, is there anything you haven't done? LOL!
yea.

hit the lottery, or find a woman that will put up with me for more than a few months.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:26 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
yea.

hit the lottery, or find a woman that will put up with me for more than a few months.
Well, at least you still have a chance at hitting the lottery! .........

Old 06-28-2015, 07:29 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts

Old 06-28-2015, 07:37 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
My next shop will be big enough to back the 5th wheel in! LOL!
Mine too. This one would fit it in just fine if they had built it right. But you've seen it and we've had that discussion already...

Now that's funny!!

Old 06-28-2015, 08:20 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 515 Likes on 249 Posts
WooooooHooooo!!!!!! I've got a state Champion in the family! My grandson won the SD State High School Rodeo in Saddle Bronc yesterday, and is the state champion! He is headed to the National High School Rodeo in Rock Springs Wy next month. I'm so happy for him, as he tries his heart out. A pretty good accomplishment for a kid who just turned 15, and finished his freshman year in HS. (But I might be a little biased LOL)

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread