the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 08:45 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
LOL! How bad is it right now?
Probably not as bad as you last remember it. Depending on how long ago you were through here. That entire interchange is still getting work.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:49 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts
It's been a bunch of years, so anything is an improvement. Good thing I'll be running at "off hours" though (early AM or sometime in the PM on the ride home).

Old 09-02-2014, 09:13 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
The joys of RVing! Last night my GPS was off a little and I over shot the park entrance by 20 feet. No traffic, so what the heck, backed up a little and pulled in. Went to cut off the Geo to back into the site and discovered the tow bar was bent. This morning pulled out and stopped to put the Geo back on and ran over the plug in for the lights, tore it in half . Screw it and hit the road. Got a little low on fuel and turned on the pump to my aux tank to fill the front tank and nothing . The pump isn't working or wiring is bad, I have 33 gallons in there I can't use. Going down the freeway all of a sudden I didn't have power steering. I blew the high pressure hose off . Muscled it to town and there wasn't a auto parts store. I had to turn around and go six miles back the way I came to get the hose. This little town in Wi told me about a little camp ground in town so I'm parked there now. But, trying to back into my spot without P/S I hit a tree limb and tore off my luggage rank on top . After all this I'm taking the safe route on the hose fitting on top of the gear box, I'm soaking it over night, LOL. What do you guys think about the pump, ruined after driving it ten miles???

On the bright side, after a month of no internet because of trees, I have my satellite up and working. A month of using the cell phone on a signal booster and having to refresh each page a dozen times to get anything gets real old, LOL

Old 09-02-2014, 09:21 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Damn Glenn you need a beer. Lol

Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
I'll be in Indianapolis from September 18-21 for the Lucas Oil 4 Wheel Jamboree. Not sure if I'll be making the trip up to Warsaw or not, but I do know my sister is coming to the Jambo to meet me on Friday. If I do make a run up there, I'll be sure to let you know.
If you're coming through my area and have time to stop for a chat or meal, PM me when and where and I'll see what I can do with my schedule. Depending on how you go to Indy you may come within a few miles of my place (especially if you take US 30).

Old 09-02-2014, 09:24 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome back Glenn. It would be boring if those little things like that didnt happen. I drove my truck back and forth from work for a week or so with no power steering fluid. Busted the gear box seal. I was surprised i didnt burn it up. i tried that on my old s 10 one time and didnt make it 10 miles.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
The joys of RVing! Last night my GPS was off a little and I over shot the park entrance by 20 feet. No traffic, so what the heck, backed up a little and pulled in. Went to cut off the Geo to back into the site and discovered the two bar was bent. This morning pulled out and stopped to put the Geo back on and ran over the plug in for the lights, tore it in half . Screw it and hit the road. Got a little low on fuel and turned on the pump to my aux tank to fill the front tank and nothing . The pump isn't working or wiring is bad, I have 33 gallons in there I can't use. Going down the freeway all of a sudden I didn't have power steering. I blew the high pressure hose off . Muscled it to town and there wasn't a auto parts store. I had to turn around and go six miles back the way I came to get the hose. This little town in Wi told me about a little camp ground in town so I'm parked there now. But, trying to back into my spot without P/S I hit a tree limb and tore off my luggage rank on top . After all this I'm taking the safe route on the hose fitting on top of the gear box, I'm soaking it over night, LOL. What do you guys think about the pump, ruined after driving it ten miles???

On the bright side, after a month of no internet because of trees, I have my satellite up and working. A month of using the cell phone on a signal booster and having to refresh each page a dozen times to get anything gets real old, LOL

Sheesh! Momma said they'll be days like that. They'll be days like that, my momma said.... That's about enough to force a guy to make up some new cuss words!

Oh yeah and Bill, 70/71 has been under construction more or less non-stop since last time you went through here, I can just about guarantee. It's a perpetual construction site. When they finish in one spot, they just move right over to another. I wish I was kidding. If you take the turnpike to 71 and take that route you will probably come within about 45 minutes of my place, but you'll go darned near right past Todd!

Old 09-02-2014, 09:32 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
If you're coming through my area and have time to stop for a chat or meal, PM me when and where and I'll see what I can do with my schedule. Depending on how you go to Indy you may come within a few miles of my place (especially if you take US 30).
Will do. I haven't formally mapped the whole trip out yet, but I do know I'll be on I-70 for a lot of it.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:47 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Oh yeah and Bill, 70/71 has been under construction more or less non-stop since last time you went through here, I can just about guarantee. It's a perpetual construction site. When they finish in one spot, they just move right over to another. I wish I was kidding. If you take the turnpike to 71 and take that route you will probably come within about 45 minutes of my place, but you'll go darned near right past Todd!
So, in other words Ohio DOT is just like PADOT. Finish here, move over there and create three more years of headaches...lol. This will be an adventure...

Old 09-02-2014, 09:57 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by fordpride
Damn Glenn you need a beer. Lol
Yeah, if I still drank I would be drunk now! As far as the luggage rake, the one time my wife and I don't use the walkey talkeys, shi! happens, LOL

Originally Posted by stainlessstroker95
Welcome back Glenn. It would be boring if those little things like that didnt happen. I drove my truck back and forth from work for a week or so with no power steering fluid. Busted the gear box seal. I was surprised i didnt burn it up. i tried that on my old s 10 one time and didnt make it 10 miles.
I'll take a month of boring to make up for today, LOL Good to hear your pump survived, I don't feel like changing mine out, would rather get going.

Sheesh! Momma said they'll be days like that. They'll be days like that, my momma said.... That's about enough to force a guy to make up some new cuss words!
haha Nate, I think today was a make up day for several months of smooth sailing, except for the slide motors of course!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:03 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
So is it your fault or hers ?
Be careful how you answer that. I'm sure she is by you

Old 09-02-2014, 10:27 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
The joys of RVing! Last night my GPS was off a little and I over shot the park entrance by 20 feet. No traffic, so what the heck, backed up a little and pulled in. Went to cut off the Geo to back into the site and discovered the tow bar was bent. This morning pulled out and stopped to put the Geo back on and ran over the plug in for the lights, tore it in half . Screw it and hit the road. Got a little low on fuel and turned on the pump to my aux tank to fill the front tank and nothing . The pump isn't working or wiring is bad, I have 33 gallons in there I can't use. Going down the freeway all of a sudden I didn't have power steering. I blew the high pressure hose off . Muscled it to town and there wasn't a auto parts store. I had to turn around and go six miles back the way I came to get the hose. This little town in Wi told me about a little camp ground in town so I'm parked there now. But, trying to back into my spot without P/S I hit a tree limb and tore off my luggage rank on top . After all this I'm taking the safe route on the hose fitting on top of the gear box, I'm soaking it over night, LOL. What do you guys think about the pump, ruined after driving it ten miles???

Man I would need more than one beer after this! Did you tear the luggage rack off of the top of the trailer? Sorry to hear. After full time RVing for the last few years, I get it!

Old 09-02-2014, 10:41 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by fordpride
So is it your fault or hers ?
Be careful how you answer that. I'm sure she is by you
To be honest Mike, we both agreed that we should have been using the walkey talkeys. My arms will probably hurt tomorrow trying to turn that darn thing.

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Man I would need more than one beer after this! Did you tear the luggage rack off of the top of the trailer? Sorry to hear. After full time RVing for the last few years, I get it!
Yeah, off the top of the camper. It was only a cheap one that I put up there but still, it was holding a couple of spare tires and cable for my satellite tripod. I hope I can get it fixed good enough to get out of here. Going to Omaha to see the grand kids!!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:40 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Did you say you were in Wisconsin, Glenn? Where abouts?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Stanley, Wi

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread