1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 05:52 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm. I guess I haven't linked my FB account this whole time! I'll have to gget on that. Add me up, I should have that little blue icon in a few.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:53 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Evening gents and fellas and whatever...due to my need to network in the horse and cattle industry, I finally broke down and got a FB account. Gahhh!! Anyway, I requested some of you guys. If I missed anyone, please let me know. I'd like to have my OBS buddies in my friends list. So far I have Todd, Travis, Alex, Nate, Aaron, annnnd that's it I think. Hit me up!
I got you, man! I don't spend much time on Facebook here lately. I got tired of it blowing up my phone all the time, so I don't stay logged in anymore. I hop in and out, as it's a great way to stay in contact with a lot of our out of state family and friends. It can be annoying, but it serves its purpose.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:39 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by stainlessstroker95
Horses and cows have facebook? No facebook for me. Just fordbook. (That's what my wife calls this place)
Good one Gabe, fordbook!

Old 01-25-2015, 08:57 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a Facebook account a few years ago.......for about 30 minutes, then I cancelled it. Thought it was kinda silly myself....but that's just me.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:58 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by fordman67
Hey hey hey...I'm in da club!!
Well, you do rule, sooo...

Old 01-25-2015, 09:05 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
I got you, man! I don't spend much time on Facebook here lately. I got tired of it blowing up my phone all the time, so I don't stay logged in anymore. I hop in and out, as it's a great way to stay in contact with a lot of our out of state family and friends. It can be annoying, but it serves its purpose.
This is pretty much how I feel Nate. I pretty much decided it would only be for family, job networking and contacts in my industry, and forum buddies. I will not have high school and college friends nor do I care about having umpteen million "friends" on my list. Most business owners have gone this route instead of having a website, so it has become a a very evil necessity. It's kinda like cell phones 15 years ago. I hated them and swore I would never have one, but then it became a necessity and now its the norm. Most don't even know what a landline is. FB is the same way. I hate it, but unfortunately I need it.

Originally Posted by ReBilld
I had a Facebook account a few years ago.......for about 30 minutes, then I cancelled it. Thought it was kinda silly myself....but that's just me.
Exactly how I feel about it.....it's silly. LOL No one knows how to communicate face to face anymore....and ironically it's called FACEbook.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:38 AM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
This is pretty much how I feel Nate. I pretty much decided it would only be for family, job networking and contacts in my industry, and forum buddies. I will not have high school and college friends nor do I care about having umpteen million "friends" on my list. Most business owners have gone this route instead of having a website, so it has become a a very evil necessity. It's kinda like cell phones 15 years ago. I hated them and swore I would never have one, but then it became a necessity and now its the norm. Most don't even know what a landline is. FB is the same way. I hate it, but unfortunately I need it.

Exactly how I feel about it.....it's silly. LOL No one knows how to communicate face to face anymore....and ironically it's called FACEbook.
That's how I feel about a credit card, but I'm running into more and more situations where one would be handy sometimes. Business's going to facebook. Well more and more people are forgetting that HTML bit, and go the easy route. Personally I like the touch of a real website. But if an owner should choose to also have a facebook, to make answering questions easier, and posting pictures, and updates, and what not, instead of constantly having the website down for maintenance and upgrades, is more than understandable. More up time, less down time = more profits.

I haven't had a landline in a long time. Then again, living in the barracks, you don't really need one. And cell phones are nice, because you don't have to rely on a person being home IOT contact them. I would still have one, just because when the time comes for me to have my own house, I'm not going to have my cell on me all the time.

There are times where I don't even use my facebook. However, it's a tool just like anything else. If I need to get a hold of somebody, and don't have their number, it makes it easy. I usually go through and delete "friends" now and again. High school reunion isn't for another 3 years, and I don't talk to a lot of those people anymore.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:04 AM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Don't forget the other advantage to a landline. So many places you go ask for a phone number so the home number is what I always give out. Do not call doesn't mean much so I just never answer the home phone and let the machine pick it up.

Now the parts store can look up my warranty info without selling my cell phone number to "affiliates"

Old 01-25-2015, 11:48 AM
91 Dually
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so run across These turbos on ebay... Borg Warner s300sx3-s366 T4 .91A/R Turbo for 599.00 delivered... Is this a good turbo / price??

Old 01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Evening gents and fellas and whatever...due to my need to network in the horse and cattle industry, I finally broke down and got a FB account. Gahhh!! Anyway, I requested some of you guys. If I missed anyone, please let me know. I'd like to have my OBS buddies in my friends list. So far I have Todd, Travis, Alex, Nate, Aaron, annnnd that's it I think. Hit me up!
I can now say we are friends because its facebook official.

And I hear you Nate about it blowing up your phone. That is why i shut off notifications.
I do that for pretty much everything except texts and emails. I refuse to let my phone control me! Ill check it when I dayum well please! *steps down from soap box*

Old 01-25-2015, 12:23 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 91 Dually
OK, so run across These turbos on ebay... Borg Warner s300sx3-s366 T4 .91A/R Turbo for 599.00 delivered... Is this a good turbo / price??
Seems like a good price to me and will be great with your stage ones.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:54 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
I can now say we are friends because its facebook official.

And I hear you Nate about it blowing up your phone. That is why i shut off notifications.
I do that for pretty much everything except texts and emails. I refuse to let my phone control me! Ill check it when I dayum well please! *steps down from soap box*
This. Most all of my notifications are turned off but for a select very few people that I want to make sure I see stuff from. Regardless of my situation in life at the moment, I don't have time to be slaved to a phone.

Wishing I had the extra $$ to throw at that turbo deal. Seems like a good bargain, given what I've seen in my research.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:12 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Originally Posted by liftnw8z
This. Most all of my notifications are turned off but for a select very few people that I want to make sure I see stuff from. Regardless of my situation in life at the moment, I don't have time to be slaved to a phone.

Wishing I had the extra $$ to throw at that turbo deal. Seems like a good bargain, given what I've seen in my research.
Here it is for just a little bit cheaper. still free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391024488753?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Old 01-25-2015, 01:30 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
Don't forget the other advantage to a landline. So many places you go ask for a phone number so the home number is what I always give out. Do not call doesn't mean much so I just never answer the home phone and let the machine pick it up.

Now the parts store can look up my warranty info without selling my cell phone number to "affiliates"

whenever someone asks for my phone number, i tell them i don't have one. if they give the we have to have a listed number, i give them 201-555-1212.
and then when i get an email telling me they need to confirm my phone number because they can not get hold of me, i put that email address in a spam folder.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:27 PM
sean9049
Senior User
is that turbo considered "bolt on" or do you need the t4 or t3 adapter

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread