1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Thanks Byron. I knew you finished your here not too long ago too, I just couldn't recall exactly when it was. Honestly, in some ways I have enjoyed it, but I'll still be happy to have my life back, lol. Got to take some time and get to know my family again. It's been nose to the grindstone (or in a book in this case) for so long I'm not sure I'll know what to do with myself. I'm guessing I'll find something to occupy my time....
Oh you'll find plenty to do for sure! Hmmmm, OBS, new to you house...just a start!

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
You'll find lots to do Nate! Glad you got the schooling done, that's a relief I'm sure. After a ton of refrigerator problems we are finally hitting the road today! But, I'm not out of here yet, got to get going!
Let us know how it goes!! You headed back up north?

On a side note, I think this thread is due for a title change...William? Oh, William?

Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What's up fellas?

Looks like you're making good progress, Todd! That looks tons better already. I assume you're going to replace the soundproofing that you had to remove on the firewall and floor? Seems to me like it would be well worth it given the level of deadening in the rest of the cab.

Aaron, I didn't notice on my phone that you had the whole lift on its side. I thought it was just a mast! Lol. That's a project, for sure.

Well, fellers, this weekend marks the end of a chapter. I have my last class tonight and I will walk in commencement with my bachelors on Sunday. It's been a long time coming and it's something I, admittedly, feel a little silly for taking so long in life to do, but at any rate it's almost done. I'll be happy to have the time back in my schedule, for sure. Now I have to decide if I want to go on and get my MBA or not...

This weekend, I'm hoping to finish the painting on the upper floor of the house and I'll likely build a chicken coop out of one corner of a shed in the barn. We have 8 peeps that are looking an awful lot like chickens and I need to get them out of the brooder (old water trough) and into a more permanent home. Then I can work on finishing a permanent home for my family, lol.

Alas, such is life.... Never enough time, never enough money, but hey, it's about the ride, not the destination anyway, right?

Hope you're all doing well on this Friday-eve.
Thanks Nate! I will be putting sound deadening material back into it when the time comes. Glenn wasn't lying. That stuff is everywhere.

I'm really happy it's even in the place that it is right now. It looked insurmountable when it was a melted mess. Now I believe I have something I can work with.

Congratulations on finishing school. That's a great accomplishment!

Old 04-28-2016, 11:40 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tshrager

+ 1000 on that

And also congrats to your work in the Mare Tod

Old 04-28-2016, 11:55 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nate, congrats on finishing school. Its a good feeling! I'll send you a picture of the chicken coop I designed and built. Its designed for 12 chickens. Actually, its not quite finished yet, but don't tell the chickens lol.

Todd, keep on keepin' on man. It looks like you are making some good progress.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:01 PM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Yay for finishing school!! I remember the day I found out I actually graduated (grades came out a week after the ceremony) was one of the best days ever.

So remember how I said we would have lifted that fork truck up with a come a long? Here is the contraption we used to lift a 20k lb stainless steel stack. We used two overhead cranes and a fork truck to compensate for the weak crane on the left... Fun times.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:07 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Jarrett, where do you work? The heaviest tank we've ever built was 40,000 lbs. or 44,000 lbs. I think. That one was an adventure.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Jarrett Campbell
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I work at a company called PPC in Longview TX. We make electrostatic precipitators for emissions control. They work similarly to electroplating process, except instead of sticking gold to the base metal, we stick ash and soot to collection plates. They're pretty cool machines that's for sure. This stack is getting shipped to the Dominican Republic for a job we have going on down there.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:13 PM
richdawg
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madMatador78
I'll have to look again, but I don't think there is a anode. Yeah I dont want to loosen any more of that up. It's causing enough trouble already. Lol. It really should pry be replaced, but that's not happening this year. It's always had nice hot water.

JP, you break your phone or what? I text you and you never text back! Lol.

Edit: unless the plug is where the anode is suppose to be. In which case that's a problem and pry why it's all limed up.
This utube link might be helpful for your water heater problems

Old 04-28-2016, 04:57 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
You'll find lots to do Nate! Glad you got the schooling done, that's a relief I'm sure. After a ton of refrigerator problems we are finally hitting the road today! But, I'm not out of here yet, got to get going!
Happy Trails, Glenn! I hope it all goes well for you this year. You're certainly due for a break!

Thanks guys. It will be a huge relief to have one less iron in the fire, that's for sure.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:06 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Today is Brian's birthday.

Happy Birthday buddy!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by cowmilker08

Happy Birthday buddy!

+1 AMIGO.

And happy travel to you Glenn, take care. (dont forget pics OK?)

Old 04-29-2016, 08:58 AM
lee00
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08

Happy Birthday buddy!

I hit him up on FB

Old 04-29-2016, 09:04 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by richdawg
This utube link might be helpful for your water heater problems

How To Flush & Clean a Suburban RV Water Heater - YouTube
OK that makes sense. Mine is a Atwood. Sounds like I may be able to clean it with no ill effects. I watched the Atwood video after this one. Thanks for sharing that Rich!

Happy Birthday Brian!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2016, 08:54 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Oh you'll find plenty to do for sure! Hmmmm, OBS, new to you house...just a start!

Let us know how it goes!! You headed back up north?

On a side note, I think this thread is due for a title change...William? Oh, William?
Originally Posted by tshrager
Thanks Nate! I will be putting sound deadening material back into it when the time comes. Glenn wasn't lying. That stuff is everywhere.

I'm really happy it's even in the place that it is right now. It looked insurmountable when it was a melted mess. Now I believe I have something I can work with.

Happy Trails, Glenn! I hope it all goes well for you this year. You're certainly due for a break!

Thanks guys. It will be a huge relief to have one less iron in the fire, that's for sure.
Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
+1 AMIGO.

And happy travel to you Glenn, take care. (dont forget pics OK?)

Thanks guys for the well wishes! First 165 miles went smooth, probably going to stay in Vegas for a week or so then to the Black Hills of SD.

Old 04-29-2016, 09:01 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,183 Likes on 812 Posts
Looking good Glenn, hope you have fun in your journey.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread