1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:05 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sleds a lot more high tec than the one at RRE lol

On a side note, Im thinking about selling my dually (the one on the right in my signature). All of you that know me should know what all it needs to get back on the road again. I don't "want" to sell it but I don't see my finances lining up to get it back on the road and Id much rather see one of you guys get it. It does have a lien on it and I would like to get enough to pay it off. If any of you are interested at all, please send me a PM. I can go over the truck piece by piece and tell everything I know about it. Hope im not breaking any rules posting this!

Old 07-25-2014, 01:03 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nate there was a guy with one of the super-semis there from Wooten tonight. 7 to midnight is a good length pull. This pull started at 8 am and wrapped up at 11:15 this evening. My butt is sore, lol. They take an hour break for lunch and for dinner. They pull 2 tracks for about 1/2 the time.

This is a Lucas Oil PPL national event with almost every class in the PPL there. Plus they had about 6 or 8 'farm' tractor classes, a street diesel pickup class, and modified diesel pickup class that are local (not part of the PPL). There were 50 entries in the street diesel pickup class. I might try to join in next year, but I say that every year...

If you look in the first picture I posted, see the guy in the lower left corner. My wife pointed out that he looked like Pappy O'Daniels from 'O brother where art though?' Lol

I've got some more pictures and videos I'd like to share with you guys (including an OBS), but its been a long day and I'm gonna call it a night.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:03 AM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man

On a side note, Im thinking about selling my dually (the one on the right in my signature). All of you that know me should know what all it needs to get back on the road again. I don't "want" to sell it but I don't see my finances lining up to get it back on the road and Id much rather see one of you guys get it. It does have a lien on it and I would like to get enough to pay it off. If any of you are interested at all, please send me a PM. I can go over the truck piece by piece and tell everything I know about it. Hope im not breaking any rules posting this!
I remember asking you about that truck last year JP!. You could pm me a price and some details, but I have a dually now so I'm not sure I need another project...

Old 07-25-2014, 06:21 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Nate there was a guy with one of the super-semis there from Wooten tonight. 7 to midnight is a good length pull. This pull started at 8 am and wrapped up at 11:15 this evening. My butt is sore, lol. They take an hour break for lunch and for dinner. They pull 2 tracks for about 1/2 the time.

This is a Lucas Oil PPL national event with almost every class in the PPL there. Plus they had about 6 or 8 'farm' tractor classes, a street diesel pickup class, and modified diesel pickup class that are local (not part of the PPL). There were 50 entries in the street diesel pickup class. I might try to join in next year, but I say that every year...

If you look in the first picture I posted, see the guy in the lower left corner. My wife pointed out that he looked like Pappy O'Daniels from 'O brother where art though?' Lol

I've got some more pictures and videos I'd like to share with you guys (including an OBS), but its been a long day and I'm gonna call it a night.

Wow! That's a PULL! LOL. All day and half the night.

And yeah that does look like "Pappy O'Daniels". He Bona-Fide! (I love that movie!).

Old 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster

Had you planned better you could have hauled it down and it woulda sold at RRE! LOL And you could have competed with Glenn by rigging up your trailer with dually and the camper behind it!

Originally Posted by cowmilker08

Dang! Lottaaaa pulls. I expect pics today

Old 07-25-2014, 11:44 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
8AM-11PM? Wow, that's a long day of pullin' for sure!

Old 07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster

Awe, thats a bummer JP. I kinda know how you feel, I'm in about the same boat with the Matador and trying to get it on the road. Its gonna need a tear down I'm thinking... Hate seeing it sit... But don't have the extra $$$ to build the motor up.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:07 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
I like the new sig pick thomas. Did you put lights in your fender well? I would of liked of seen that at rre! I like lights! I have a green strip under my dash that matches the gauges.

Old 07-25-2014, 06:54 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
thanks Gabe! Actually it's all part of the picture. We took it at night, exposed it for 15 seconds or so, and during that time my buddy walked up and shined a laser beam up under there. They turned out awesome!

Old 07-25-2014, 07:30 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by Awitte58
you could have competed with Glenn by rigging up your trailer with dually and the camper behind it!
JP wins!!! I was a no show,

Old 07-25-2014, 08:06 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Yeah that is a cool effect right there. It turned out good!

Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
I was actually thinking of making a poster and putting the Harley F-250 on it and trying to sell it lol. I didn't decide to try to sell the dually until the day before I posted it on here. I can't seem to get the dang Harley gone so I figured id try the dually lol

If I could get em both gone, the ol Powerstroke would get some much needed attention! I'm thinking 556 hp so I can say it's faster than Gabes ha!

Old 07-25-2014, 09:36 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Heck yeah! We need a good build thread. Get all the parts and il come over and help. I bet Aaron would to. I will have a duel disk clutch for next year, and maybe a turbo........

Old 07-25-2014, 10:17 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
I hope Todd's woman lets him get a turbo before next year lol. And I hope they run the dyno...

Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
I'll come help too!!!

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread