Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:13 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Looks a lot better sitting upright doesn't it lol
Originally Posted by madMatador78
True story. Lol, That could have been real bad. lol. Stupid cheap straps.
Is there something you two aren't telling me? LOL!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:14 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
I don't think you really started a pissing match. Seems like everyone is pretty much on the same page. It's not that coal's bad, it's just the cost of using coal when you put all the new regulations into effect makes in less desirable.

It's not a result of the product, it's a result of the current administration. The only thing I really, really don't understand is why so much of the coal country voted for this administration to begin with. I really thought that the first election was going to go different just because the coal states wouldn't vote for him.

Guess they should have looked up the definition of change first.

The sad thing Chris is the fact it doesn't matter who is in office, they do as they are told or they get a ride thru Dallas in a convertible car! I also think the EPA is worthless, they leave some important things alone (fracking, uranium mining, etc.) and pick on others. Doesn't make any sense! I guess they are also told what to do by the Billionaires that control the whole world!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:20 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
The sad thing Chris is the fact it doesn't matter who is in office, they do as they are told or they get a ride thru Dallas in a convertible car! I also think the EPA is worthless, they leave some important things alone (fracking, uranium mining, etc.) and pick on others. Doesn't make any sense! I guess they are also told what to do by the Billionaires that control the whole world!
My thoughts exactly! It is all just a money racket if you ask me. Is that piece of land beside you in AZ still for sale Glenn? If this job in NC doesn't work out, I may just come out there and open a shop like we were talking about! LOL!!!

Old 06-10-2015, 10:39 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tshrager
A smart man would have had a set waitin....lol
way to kick him when he's down lol

Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
My thoughts exactly! It is all just a money racket if you ask me. Is that piece of land beside you in AZ still for sale Glenn? If this job in NC doesn't work out, I may just come out there and open a shop like we were talking about! LOL!!!

haha, I asked my neighbor if he wanted to sell it and I didn't get a answer. Just come anyway, I'll only be there half the year to bug you, LOL!

Old 06-11-2015, 07:00 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Reminds me of the kids movie "The Lorax" (originally by Dr Seuss). They cut down all the trees therefore theres no oxygen, therefore you have to buy air to breathe!

I just hope Im dead by the time all this comes about

To change the subject and relieve some tension, gotta question for ya guys: What would you do to freshen up a late '97 7.3L before install

Awe shoot! Looks like JP has a motor for the duallie. I would definitely find a way to do bellowed up-pipes before you drop it in. Aside from that and changing all the fluids, the only things that I can think of that I would look closely at would be the turbo o-rings and the oil cooler. If they don't look like they're leaking, then I'd do the pipes and drop it in. Sure, it would be nice to do e-fuel, glow plugs, injectors, studs, valve springs and push rods, but all that stuff can be done with the engine in the truck easily enough. Doing the up-pipes now will save you MAJOR headaches down the road. It will be one of those things you'll kick yourself for later on if you don't just find a way to get it done now. I'm serious when I say, I would do that now rather than messing with the glow plugs. Even if you need glow plugs, I'd wait in favor of getting the pipes done up now. It really is that much easier to do it before you drop the engine into the truck. It's worth making it a priority.

Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Is there something you two aren't telling me? LOL!
We Were almost home, I checked the mirror, everything was fine. Pulled off for fuel, checked the mirror, everything was fine

Pull in for fuel and get out, and the engine is on it's side, we lost 2 straps. Took both of us to get it upright, then we used a big strap and got the rest of the way. I was glad I stopped, I don't want to think about what happened if I didn't.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:02 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the context I am gathering that when you guys went down to see Bill you picked up a motor from him! am i rite?!

Solid though JP. Time to get that big truck on the road.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:16 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Among other things. We also brought back an E40D for Aaron and I got a D60.

Old 06-11-2015, 09:47 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madMatador78
Among other things. We also brought back an E40D for Aaron and I got a D60.
Dayummmm! It appears Bill is letting go of some goodies after all!

Are you going to strip down and rebuild the D60?

Is the E40D built? or are you going to build it yourself Aaron?

Old 06-11-2015, 09:57 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Yeah, It will get a complete service before it goes under the truck. Its even a kingpin D-60, no more ball joints to deal with!!! lol.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:27 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Awe shoot! Looks like JP has a motor for the duallie. I would definitely find a way to do bellowed up-pipes before you drop it in. Aside from that and changing all the fluids, the only things that I can think of that I would look closely at would be the turbo o-rings and the oil cooler. If they don't look like they're leaking, then I'd do the pipes and drop it in. Sure, it would be nice to do e-fuel, glow plugs, injectors, studs, valve springs and push rods, but all that stuff can be done with the engine in the truck easily enough. Doing the up-pipes now will save you MAJOR headaches down the road. It will be one of those things you'll kick yourself for later on if you don't just find a way to get it done now. I'm serious when I say, I would do that now rather than messing with the glow plugs. Even if you need glow plugs, I'd wait in favor of getting the pipes done up now. It really is that much easier to do it before you drop the engine into the truck. It's worth making it a priority.

X2, Its June so do the bellowed up pipes now, then throw $10 a week in a coffee can and before fall you'll have enough for a new set of GPs and a GPR.

Old 06-11-2015, 12:57 PM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 06-11-2015, 01:13 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
LOL. nice one Mike.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:33 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 397 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Do headstuds in the frame....you will wish you were doing up pipes again.
Its not impossible but its big boy work.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread