1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

the official OBS diesel off topic thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 05:35 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
You make a very good point Nate. I was actually thinking today I could just replace what O-rings/gaskets I needed to on the back of the engine, then drop it in and worry about the rest later on. It only makes sense to do the same with the bellows. You've given me something to definitely consider!

Im just ready to get the ol gal on the road again. As it turns out, while you guys were at RRE 2013, I was pulling the engine out of my dually. July 19, 2013 is when my phone says I took the pics of the engine coming out. Dang that's a long time ago lol
Mmm that rre was a good one too!
Just gotta make sure a stock turbo is his end game and not waste cash on parts that only get swapped later for other parts.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:55 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I figured I would ask you guys cause I'm sure someone in here must have a good answer. This morning I noticed a skunk disappear under the kids playhouse. Took a look and I'd say he's made a home under there. How would you get rid of it?

Old 06-14-2015, 07:37 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lead poisoning

Old 06-14-2015, 08:20 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
I figured I would ask you guys cause I'm sure someone in here must have a good answer. This morning I noticed a skunk disappear under the kids playhouse. Took a look and I'd say he's made a home under there. How would you get rid of it?
Pan of green kool aid

Old 06-14-2015, 11:21 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordman67
Pan of green kool aid
you be one nasty little devil LOL

Old 06-14-2015, 11:22 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Lead poisoning
were not allowed lead around here. But I got steel shot

Old 06-15-2015, 06:04 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
If it were at my place, I would say the only solution would be a high velocity metallic bolus (when he is away from the playhouse). I also have it on good authority that liquid fly bait works well for this kind of thing. Buddy of mine has issues with critters eating his garden and he mixed up a little batch of something special for them; said they all died within 20 feet of the pan... I think it was fly bait and Coke, but I'm sure liquid fly bait was the active ingredient. It's less than legal for sure, but it seems effective. You probably don't want to do that though unless you don't have any other pets or critters around; at least none you're attached to.

Do you have a dog? One thing I have had decent success with is using dog hair as a repellent for wild critters. Just brush the dog out real good, collect the hair and then spread it around the trouble area. Since dogs are the natural predator for the little critters, they tend to just pack up and get the flying flock out of dodge.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:58 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
conibear 220 set at the entry hole.
snaps the neck as it trips, so no spray.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:02 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Another good one is some Golden Malrin. Its technically fly bait (as Nate mentioned). A guy I worked for said he sprinkled some on some left over pizza and set it by his shop. He got 2 coons, a opossum and a skunk. 2 of em still had their nose in the pizza box and the other two were less than 10 ft away.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:10 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I got my tires Saturday! Unfortunately I did not have time to do any burn outs before hand. Good news is they said that my pivot bushings are still good. Bad news is the center joint for the tie rods is bad. I haven't looked at it close myself so not sure what that's going to take to fix. I also need new lower ball joints, but I knew that already.
Where should I get these parts? O'Reilly's, NAPA, or Ford?

Old 06-15-2015, 01:58 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
All good ideas. But my wife won't let me use traps or poison. I have both but she says no . Dog fur or shotgun is about it I guess. I don't want to repel them though cause they will just move somewhere close by. Although if they went to the nieghbors........ LOL. I might set some poison out and just watch it or lock up the cats and dogs. Thanks guys

Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't tell my wife how I deal with the nuisance animals... and she doesn't ask. It just gets "taken care of."

Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Wy wife's a stay at home mom so she's around a lot.

Old 06-15-2015, 03:50 PM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
If it aint one thing, its the next

My moms 7.3 Super Duty needed a water pump, so I volunteered to do it, even though I knew better. Blew it all apart, tried taking the fan off the water pump, and it was seized on there. She ended up buying a new fan clutch on top of the new water pump (I might add she already hates this trucks and wants to sell it, so insult to injury). Get the new clutch on the new water pump, slap it all back together, and not only does the top AND bottom radiator hose leak, the water pump leaks worse than it did. So.... blew it all back apart and, wouldn't you know it, shoddy mechanicing: I forgot to put the o-ring gasket on the water pump... put the o-ring on, put the water pump back on, and it STILL leaks. Take it off again and I had pinched the o-ring. Ran to O Reillys, ordered a new one along with upper and lower radiator hose O-rings, put the whole thing together, and I was extremely relieved to see the water pump not leak. But the thermostat housing is, even with a new o-ring. So I scrubbed off what rust it had, and after installing and removing it 100 times, I ended up twisting off a bolt... Lose my mind for the 10th time on this build. I decide to go ahead and start the thing to make sure theres no other leaks. And the devil smiles at me again, because the pile of sheat wont start. Its full of water, half a tank of fuel, ran before I took the pump off, idk what the hell is wrong with it now

Theres your over explanatory "no start thread"

Old 06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 515 Likes on 249 Posts
If it aint one thing, its the next

My moms 7.3 Super Duty needed a water pump, so I volunteered to do it, even though I knew better. Blew it all apart, tried taking the fan off the water pump, and it was seized on there. She ended up buying a new fan clutch on top of the new water pump (I might add she already hates this trucks and wants to sell it, so insult to injury). Get the new clutch on the new water pump, slap it all back together, and not only does the top AND bottom radiator hose leak, the water pump leaks worse than it did. So.... blew it all back apart and, wouldn't you know it, shoddy mechanicing: I forgot to put the o-ring gasket on the water pump... put the o-ring on, put the water pump back on, and it STILL leaks. Take it off again and I had pinched the o-ring. Ran to O Reillys, ordered a new one along with upper and lower radiator hose O-rings, put the whole thing together, and I was extremely relieved to see the water pump not leak. But the thermostat housing is, even with a new o-ring. So I scrubbed off what rust it had, and after installing and removing it 100 times, I ended up twisting off a bolt... Lose my mind for the 10th time on this build. I decide to go ahead and start the thing to make sure theres no other leaks. And the devil smiles at me again, because the pile of sheat wont start. Its full of water, half a tank of fuel, ran before I took the pump off, idk what the hell is wrong with it now

Theres your over explanatory "no start thread"
Didn't accidently unplug the CPS did you? Had this happen on my brothers Superduty. On the thermostat housing, I've always had the thin skim the o-ring and the housing with RTV to keep it from leaking. I also dab the corners of the water pump gasket to keep it in place.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread