Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 AM
New User

Ralph is starting off with a positive reputation.
weather stripping residue/stains

So I just picked up my new 2012 F150 King Ranch the other day. After getting it home and doing some accessory work to it I noticed a White residue/water stains on the rubber weather stripping around all four door windows. At first thought it was soap run marks from the dealership cleaning it before delivery. I tried to get it off and nothing seems to work. It's even on the inside of the rubber when you open the doors. Looks like soap run marks from not rinsing the truck with water. Took it back to the Ford Dealership and they took photos and turned it into Ford. They are tellin me that Ford will not do anything about it on a warranty item. The Dealership is going to try again but I don't have a lot of faith in them at this point. Does anyone have any luck with contacting Ford direct on issues? I just can't believe that you should be expected to live with something like that on brand new truck!
Any or all help would be greatly apprecicated.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 PM
New User

TIO HD is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just got mine too this past Tuesday, I had the truck washed second time and still there. The dealer also washed it before I picked it up and seems the soap dried from day 1 at the dealer. Hopefully with time it'll go away after some wear from the normal weather.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
I have a similar thing on mine, but on the interior weatherstripping. Two years later and I'm just ignoring it.

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ralph, my engine blew at 600 miles in my 2011 F-150, due to a faulty crankshaft, and had to be replaced. I contacted corporate after the dealership failed me, and first asked for a new truck. When they refused, I asked for a free 100,000 mile extended warranty, to which they also refused. Good luck in dealing with corporate. My experience was not good, but I hope yours turns out well.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:32 AM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
sounds like it might be glue residue/overspray.... hard to tell not being there.

but if it is residue from a contact cement, this stuff will take it off on a hurry:
Click the image to open in full size.
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 04-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Freshman User

Terry Vanpool is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 2012 Lariat had these same stains on the door seals. I think it is a lubricant used to facilitate installation, it does not appear to be adhesive. I was able to clean it off with "Mothers" Back to Black and some elbow grease.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM
New User

Steelerz1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My new one has it too....looks like a white residue...almost like when you get wax on the weatherstripping....
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 PM
New User

Steelerz1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Used a product called Goof Off today which removed the stains from my weatherstripping as well as the white wax residue left on my wheel well trim when the truck was detailed for delivery. Stuff works great...give it a try.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Freshman User

rhodeisland is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meborder View Post
sounds like it might be glue residue/overspray.... hard to tell not being there.

but if it is residue from a contact cement, this stuff will take it off on a hurry:
Click the image to open in full size.
Be careful with this stuff,we use it to remove wet 3M caulking and I believe it contains toluene and will attact rubber and some paint topcoats.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150

Tags
150, 2012, car, marks, remove, residue, spots, strip, stripping, trim, water, weather, white