Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Junior User

07xpyebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lincoln Navigator 2nd row console

Hey guys,
I was thinking of buying a 2nd row console from a Lincoln Navigator and removing my 2nd row center middle seat... Does anyone know if I can install a 2007 Lincoln navigator 2nd row console in my 2007 EL.

From all the videos that I have seen of the nav L. I think it would be fit fine... the ford and the lincoln are the same overall size and dimensions It has too fit.

Take a look at these pictures of a Lincoln 2nd row console, the Lincoln Navigator doesn't have arm rest the console is the armrest.

Lincoln Console

2nd picture console

There is one on eBay in black

eBay

Thanks for your help
Old 04-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yup it's been done before. I believe if you have the middle seat now it will bolt to the same spot.
I was thinking about doing this also but I have 2nd row buckets so I would have to lose the armrests

Keep checking ebay as I've seen them quite a bit for less than the one in your link.

Matt
Old 04-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Junior User

07xpyebel is starting off with a positive reputation.
Matt,
Thanks for the reply, I have the bench seats the middle comes out, no arm rest to worry about just bolt down and order new mats.

Thanks

I would like to see this done by someone to get a better idea.
T
Old 04-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Junior User

rayofsi is starting off with a positive reputation.
just wondering between captains chairs, 3rd row bench, and having a console

what is so good about the console asides from possibly the extra comfort it might provide?
Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsi View Post

what is so good about the console asides from possibly the extra comfort it might provide?
Storage space. Another place to put crap.
Plus the 2nd row passengers get cup holders within reach. It drives me nuts when my kids use the two cup holders on the back of the front console. My elbow is constantly hitting their drinks. My old expy had a flip down cup holder mounted to the lower back of the console for the rear passengers. Made more sense than where they put it now.

Matt
Old 04-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Junior User

Johnny Law is starting off with a positive reputation.
RI-Matt,

Those are good +'s especially the cupholders for the kids. I agree. But I couldn't loose my 8' flat floor.

Johnny
Old 04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Elder User

chuck s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Flat floor with the 2d row folded and a place for the dogs with the 2d row up are important for us.

-- Chuck
Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Senior User

pgonza2723 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Funny, I just got done removing mine just to see if it works better for my situation. I have 3 boys (7, 3, and 2 year old) in which I originally had my 7 and 3 in the 3rd row so the 7 year old could help buckle his brother up. But instead of moving the chair up and down to gain access, the middle row seat was just permanently folded down so they could jump over it to get to the 3rd row. So I decided to see how it goes taking the middle console out and moving the 3 year old to the middle seat. Truck for sure feels roomier for sure and access in and out seems easier so we'll see how it goes.

2001 Vortech'd Mustang GT
Old 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
New User

TXFRDOwner is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07xpyebel View Post
Hey guys,
I was thinking of buying a 2nd row console from a Lincoln Navigator and removing my 2nd row center middle seat... Does anyone know if I can install a 2007 Lincoln navigator 2nd row console in my 2007 EL.

From all the videos that I have seen of the nav L. I think it would be fit fine... the ford and the lincoln are the same overall size and dimensions It has too fit.

Take a look at these pictures of a Lincoln 2nd row console, the Lincoln Navigator doesn't have arm rest the console is the armrest.

Lincoln Console

2nd picture console

eBay

Thanks for your help
Here's a cool idea for you. You can get yourself one of these
for that empty space between your seats in the 2nd row:

Truck Refrigerator | Car Refrigerators to Make Your Drive More Fun

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Junior User

tuscany is starting off with a positive reputation.
Damn.........story of my life. I am looking to remove the 2nd row console and install and 20% middle 2nd row seat. I am have a difficult time trying to nail down a proper name for that seat, so I can google it in a better fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07xpyebel View Post
Hey guys,

Lincoln Console

2nd picture console

eBay

Thanks for your help

“Remember without a gun, the flag your waving might as well be white”
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM
New User

Ricardo Colorado is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do you want to sell your seat? I need to do the opposite
Thnks
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
New User

Jaylegger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayofsi View Post

I bought my Navigator specifically with the console to keep my three kids separated, much easier on the head during drives.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 PM