Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Bud's New Car

2012 VW Passat TDI

Click the image to open in full size.

OK...we all know it's PENNY's new car!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
Looks good bud. I hope Penny enjoys it.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Postmaster

White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.
Looking good....... Love the color....

BTW It was built about 16 miles SW of me.. For what ever that is worth..
1997 F-250 HD Extended cab, long bed, 5.8L, E4OD.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Nice!!! You bringing it to the GTG tomorrow?
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Isn't this a FORD TRUCK get-to-gether?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Posting Guru

DSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to beholdDSLPWRD is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car! Congrats! I'm in love with the new Passat TDI. My wife would kill me if I bought one though. TDI is the only way to go! You are going to love it.

BTW, I am a fellow VW TDI owner. 2004 Jetta. Best car I've ever owned.
2013 Forest River Wildcat 312BHX-OK
Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Isn't this a FORD TRUCK get-to-gether?
Yes, But if I had a new car, I'd be rolling along in it!!!
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 04-21-2012, 04:19 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
he didn't get rid of the Lincoln did he ?
pretty new car though
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Posting Legend

Lincoln is up for sale Jr ............ Didn't trade it in - wasn't going to GIVE it away. First 3500 dollar offer gets it.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLPWRD View Post
Beautiful car! Congrats! I'm in love with the new Passat TDI. My wife would kill me if I bought one though. TDI is the only way to go! You are going to love it.

BTW, I am a fellow VW TDI owner. 2004 Jetta. Best car I've ever owned.
Thanks...I thought same thing about MY wife, but after 1/2 day she LOVES the new car! My first VW.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Senior User

firewood truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
very sharp looking! I leased a 2012 TDi Golf a few months ago, it feels good when I'm cruising on the interstate and the MFD shows 51 MPG! Get a small book from Office Depot and keep a fuel log for the car. The CR (common rail) diesels are starting to show a faulty design w/ the high pressure fuel pump, one which causes stupidly expensive engine repairs that VW is getting a reputation for denying warranty repairs. They try to claim the owners didn't use the right cetan rated #2 diesel fuel. There is already talk of a recall on the Passat and Toureg because of this.

Check out all of the info on Fred's TDI Page. TDIClub.com. VW TDI Enthusiast Community and www.vwvortex.com in the TDi section.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Senior User

Blown284 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Uggg... now you got me considering trading in my Nissan for a TDI. It's been in the back of my mind. If you don't mind sharing (PM?) what kind of price did you get on it and where did you buy it from?

Thanks!
Mods to date: MBRP 4" exhaust, ISSPro Ev2 gauges, Leveling kit, DIY 6673 intake, muffler delete, '05 leather front seats/console, Stereo upgrade, Scangauge II, HD headlight, new front grill, TW 6 POS w/SWAMPS tunes)
2012 VW Passat TDI
Old 05-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Posting Legend

The diesels are going like hotcakes, so there are no deals - at least in THIS area. I actually had to pay extra over MSRP to get it. I see why too... these were the first Passat TDI's Antwerpen in Pasadea (Ritchie Hwy at Jumpers) have gotten in 6 months! I was there just after they got them off the truck and jumped on this one. See the window sticker up above and add tax, title and tags and if you want to add a dealer's added warranty plus whatever the added value there is at the time of buy. I think mine was $300.00.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Senior User

Blown284 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
The diesels are going like hotcakes, so there are no deals - at least in THIS area. I actually had to pay extra over MSRP to get it. I see why too... these were the first Passat TDI's Antwerpen in Pasadea (Ritchie Hwy at Jumpers) have gotten in 6 months! I was there just after they got them off the truck and jumped on this one. See the window sticker up above and add tax, title and tags and if you want to add a dealer's added warranty plus whatever the added value there is at the time of buy. I think mine was $300.00.
Ok thanks. I've been giving a LOT of thought to the little TDI. What are your impressions thus far? I have the Nissan Altima 3.5L SR (275hp version) sport with leather and all the bells and whistles. However, would like something roomy that gets great gas mileage. I figured the TDI would be a great fit, not to mention, I'll probably get an insurance rate reduction since I'm not rolling around with 275hp LOL.
Mods to date: MBRP 4" exhaust, ISSPro Ev2 gauges, Leveling kit, DIY 6673 intake, muffler delete, '05 leather front seats/console, Stereo upgrade, Scangauge II, HD headlight, new front grill, TW 6 POS w/SWAMPS tunes)
2012 VW Passat TDI
Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Posting Legend

So far, I love it. I bought it for the fuel mileage. Still on my FIRST tank of diesel which was put in by the dealer. Haven't really been anywhere except around here. Went as far as Annapolis and White March and getting about 40MPG. Going to upstate NY later this month. That'll tell the story. BTW, they are now taking orders for the 2013. I suggest you get your order in. Stop over and take a look at mine if you like.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter

Tags
2012, black, custom, passat, tdi, v6, vw