Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Elder User

Bowie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Local alternator shop in Bellevue, WA area?

So after reading a lot of the older post on alternators. It looks like people are saying to go with a local shop. My truck only has 60,000 miles on it and the battery light has been going off and on for a while now. Actually there is a sticker on the top of it that says re-manufactured - so it looks this would be the 3rd alternator in only 60,000 miles. Weird.

1. Does anyone know of a good shop preferable on the Eastside. I would go to Seattle if they were that good.

Thanks
2003 F350 Lariat 4X4 7.3 Auto, 6" lift, 35 toyo mudders, 4" exhaust, 6637, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Live tuned DP Tuner (45mph valet, Drive Thru, 40 tow, 60 tow, 80 tow, 60 Econo, 80 Econo, 100 perf, 120 race, 140 Extreme, 140 Aggressive), BTS VB, RiffRaff (WW, HPX, FRX, Bellowed UP-pipes, OCR, CCV).
Old 05-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Postmaster

joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.joshofalltrades has a good reputation on FTE.
i know there's a rebuilder in Kent, and another in lynnwood, but i don't remember the name of either. AFAIK, there's nothing on the eastside
Old 05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Elder User

Bowie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I ended up going with South End Auto Wrecking. They are in Renton, and did a good job. I got to go int he back and watched them fix the unit, test and it only took like 15 minutes. We will see how it holds up. It was like 70 bucks. I want to get a high amp one, but could not justify the extra expense right now.
2003 F350 Lariat 4X4 7.3 Auto, 6" lift, 35 toyo mudders, 4" exhaust, 6637, 6.0 Tranny Cooler, Live tuned DP Tuner (45mph valet, Drive Thru, 40 tow, 60 tow, 80 tow, 60 Econo, 80 Econo, 100 perf, 120 race, 140 Extreme, 140 Aggressive), BTS VB, RiffRaff (WW, HPX, FRX, Bellowed UP-pipes, OCR, CCV).
Old 05-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Senior User

deadsenator is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The shop in Kent is Rebuilder. Looked like he did good work, but seemed a bit scattered and slow to finish the Brit one I brought in I think because of parts. Sold the Rover, so not sure about longevity. It was a Mucas...er, Lucas alt, so it probably died again.

Reliable | Fast | Cheap -- Pick two.

Join the Warshington FTE Chapter
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM
Postmaster

Opossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to all
You got yourself set up for now it sounds like but a great local place also for your high amp is romain electric, used to be downtown seattle, think only location is in kent now.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter