My Father-in-law passed away a few years ago and my Mother-in-law wants to start driving around his old uni-body. In order to feel comfortable she wants to put on new tires. Her brother said he couldn't find tires for the rims that are on there right now and I don't have much information on them right now but would like to know ....
1. what are the stock specifications for the trucks tires and if I have to replace the rims what are the specs on them?
2. Is there a specific aftermarket rim that is used rather than stock?
My Uni is a 62. You should be able to take it to any Tire store and have a new set of Radials mounted on the wheels that are there. Or buy a costume set of wheels. Bill or someone will chime in here and give ya the spec's on the stock wheels. But if possible a pic of the wheels and the truck would help us a lot. And we love pic's
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal
Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.
Originally Posted by old_dan
You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.
It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).
They look two wide for stock wheels. You can get new rubber for them easy enough. Or a junk yard for used one more like original or a new set from your local tire shop. Nice clean Uni. I would at least paint the front one black.
I was hoping to get out to my Mother-in-laws place to get more information on the truck, but wasn't able to do it.
I think I will be heading over there next weekend, Sunday to be exact. I will pull information about the truck and get the tire information.