Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Senior User

Chipworkz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Installed my John Woods Valve Body WOW!

As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Elder User

cutlass has a good reputation on FTE.cutlass has a good reputation on FTE.
Great news! I'm looking forward to putting on my John Wood valve body when I get my truck up and running again. I can't wait to experience my transmission shift how you described.

Drake
Drake- E99 F350 7.3, 4x2, SRW, CCLB Mods: Ford Reman engine, 38R & blank pedestal, bellowed up-pipes, OCR, Welded oil jets, plenum inserts, T-500, 238/100's, F5 DP Tuner, Fire Rings, ARP Head Studs, 910's w/shims, Melling LPOP, Fluidampr, ITP Reg Return, Fuel Bowl Delete, Post Pump Fuel Filter, & Banjo Bolts, Air Dog, Hutch Mod, HPX, AFE Stg 2, 4" MBRP, 6.0 Trans Cooler, coolant filter, EV2's, Stancor Relay, CCV
Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipworkz View Post
As the title says, one of the many things I just did was install the John Woods valve body in my e99 truck. I also used the Mobil 1 synthetic fluid, added my radiator with OTW cooler and installed the 6.0 cooler. These other things I don't contribute to the shifting performance but were changed at the same time.

I got everything put back together and took it for a test drive. MAN what a difference. From the first shift I could feel a difference. The shifts are very fast but not harsh at all. Before if would take a couple of seconds to shift between gears but now it is instant! Whether I am giving it light throttle or WOT, it shifts the same with no harshness.

I had read where a few people said they didn't notice any difference and others said it really worked. Well for me, this is now how the truck should have been from the factory. It just works and work right!

If your transmission is stock and slow to shift between gears, this is WELL worth every penny.

Oh and I got it from Riffraff.
Congrats.

If you think your trans shifts good now, get his built trans, then you will be excited.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Posting Guru

JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.JonathanN has a great reputation on FTE.
I love mine... that coupled with Jody's tunes (he and John Wood work together) burnt especially for the valve body makes for an unreal combo.
Early 1999 F-250 Lariat 4x4 w/7.3L PSD, AT, SC, LB, 315/75/16's on 16x10's, 4" Lift, 4" Exhaust, HPx, Regulated Fuel Return, Hutch/Harpoon, NVK4 PCM, John Wood Valve Body, 6637 w/Pete's Cover, CCV, EBPV Delete, DP-Tuner, IssPro's - 332,000 miles!

Truck Pictures
Old 04-20-2012, 10:43 AM