Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Elder User

COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.
FUN !

I posted this on my build thread, but my son's words may be good for all of us who are "stressing" about our trucks, instead of enjoying them

......All black, lots of spots that need some "help" . I think I'll drop it on the truck (after clear-coating the front). to finish the body work. Nothin' like a little gloss to show off the "bad" (or incomplete) body work.

My son looked at it and said, "just a couple spots to fix. It looks good cause it "belongs" to the truck. It's not "perfect", but you fixed it. You didn't just spend money on a repopped and pay someone to assemble and paint it. I thought you always said that a true rod was the labor of love that the owner-builder put into it, not how much money was in his bank account and how many people they paid to build it."

His use of my words back at me, brought me back to the reality that this is not (or never will be, and never was intended to be) a Barrett-Jackson showpiece.

Sometimes I forget that it is the process that is supposed to be fun, and the getting behind the wheel is supposed to be fun. Stressing over how good a job we think we did in someone else's eyes takes all the fun out of it. I'm going back to having FUN !!

Click the image to open in full size.
1950 Ford F-1 1953 Ford F-100
1951 Ford F-1 Panel
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113584-51-panel-still-crazy-after-all-these-years.html
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Postmaster

yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.yamagrant has a spectacular reputation.
Nothing like a dose of reality to put things back into perspective.KEEP ON TRUCKIN'
Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
I agree! We all need to keep perspectives in line. It feels good to do good work and good work is measured by each of us according to our eyes. And if you can't have fun doing it then you should be doing something else. Cheers!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Posting Guru

Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Well said!

1948 Ford F-3 Flatbed "Older Blue"
1975 Ford F-250 Highboy "Old Blue"
1977 Ford F-150 Flatbed "The Bodinator"
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Senior User

smallello has a good reputation on FTE.smallello has a good reputation on FTE.
Words to live by!

"Can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself"
Old 04-19-2012, 07:40 AM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
The young man speaks for a lot of us , the fun is in the fixing .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Senior User

calorchard is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now my 20/20 paint job is just fine! Well said.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Posting Guru

harleymsn has a very good reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a very good reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a very good reputation on FTE.harleymsn has a very good reputation on FTE.
I said from the outset that my intent was to make "Edith" a 20 footer ... and that is what she is!
2009 Pontiac G3 the "roller-skate"
1992 Geo Metro the "matchbox car" it's a beater but gets 45mpg
www.fordbonusbuilttrucks.com
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Elder User

COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.
So, my wife and I are watching a rerun of "Home Improvements" with Tim working on his car. My wife turns to me a says, why doesn't your garage look like Tim's ?

After a few seconds of thought I said, besides being a TV show, Tim is an assembler, not a rebuilder. He buys new, pristine parts, has them prepped/painted/powder coated and then just bolts them together. I said, here's the tools that Tim doesn't have (or at least doesn't use) in his garage...

Grinders, Sanders, Welders, Paint Sprayers, and all things that make a mess before they make it pretty !
1951 Ford F-1 Panel
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113584-51-panel-still-crazy-after-all-these-years.html
Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Postmaster

Harrier has a great reputation on FTE.Harrier has a great reputation on FTE.Harrier has a great reputation on FTE.Harrier has a great reputation on FTE.Harrier has a great reputation on FTE.
I got something out of the garage yesterday and my wife commented on everything being dirty because of my grinding and sanding. She then commented that she wanted us to get to a financial state that we can just send it off to get rebuilt. She then said, "why did you look at me like that."
I tried to explain that I would like to do this myself. Since I have never done anything like this and don't have the time I would like right now, it's hard for her to understand. I suggested that I even attempt to paint it myself and she didn't like that idea. It was her grandpa's truck, so she does have some say in this.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I got something out of the garage yesterday and my wife commented on everything being dirty because of my grinding and sanding. She then commented that she wanted us to get to a financial state that we can just send it off to get rebuilt. She then said, "why did you look at me like that."
I tried to explain that I would like to do this myself. Since I have never done anything like this and don't have the time I would like right now, it's hard for her to understand. I suggested that I even attempt to paint it myself and she didn't like that idea. It was her grandpa's truck, so she does have some say in this.

Hard to argue the point, but after seeing your y-block thread, You are the man! Just tell your wife that if she finds someone to redo the truck who cares about it as much as you and she do..... then....
1951 Ford F-1 Panel
Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks