Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Old Green Ford Project

Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SCRebel
Can't wait to see when shes all finished!

BTW love the bench seat, wish I lived in Texas. Lol. Did the seat origionally come out of your truck or another?

Been in this truck as long as I've owned it. I take very good care of my stuff just this truck has been here since the wife and I were young and had babies so some things (Non necessities) never got done. Now I am in better shape with one in college and the other is a junior in high school. I'd really like to find some info on making the driver side seat recline but don't have the time this week I am roofing my shed too.

Next on the list is paint then exhaust then interior then rear end.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Brief update, took the truck to the painter today and was going to change to a white or blue truck but thats so over done and I didn't have the heart to change her name. Finally I have decided on a dark green metallic base coat paint with Deltron 2002 clear for the top coat. I'll have some pics from the paint guy soon he is block sanding the whoile truck and is going to send me some pictures as he goes.

Stay tuned

Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow!! Yer almost there Bud. You'll be drivin her in no time me thinks.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:56 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Subscribing....Looks great so far

Old 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Well Painter and I had some words and he is back at it. These kids today seem to have a difficult time with commitments but he does do good work. Below are the pics of the body work he's doing and he is block sanding eveything, no DA's. Bed will be off and painted this weekend. Cab should be done by next weekend and then I can start putting all my new rubber and felt seals in.

I had planned on doing the exhaust this year but holy crap that PPG Deltron paint and clear is high so we will be just painting and do exhaust after christmas. I bought 100 square feet of Fat Mat to line the entire interior doors, roof, floor and rear quarters. I also purchased the Ranchand rear bu,mper and reciever mount for another 500 dollars ( I have a friend that hooked me up they sell for more). I also purchased Putco fender trim in stainless for 72 dollars. The JY wanted 12-15 dollars for each piece so I got new cheaper or at least close in price.

Lastly I would like to DESPERATLY replace my winshield chrome but I refuse to pay 250 dollars for it. does ANYONE have a source on this?

Old 07-20-2012, 07:43 PM
terryknight
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
coming along nicely

Old 07-21-2012, 01:33 AM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Looking great...

If you want some new headlights, www.Partsgeek.com has them for $16 per side...

I bought all 6 lights from them, and shipped them for less than $100...

Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Looking great...

If you want some new headlights, www.Partsgeek.com has them for $16 per side...

I bought all 6 lights from them, and shipped them for less than $100...

Yeah I am tossing the idea around about the headlights mine are a little yellow but still working even though they do let a littl;e moisture in.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Got the bed painted and starting on the cab. Heres the bed and WOW it looks sharp up close. Man I can't wait. Painter says about 2 weeks till done.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 AM
fordrulez
Senior User
looks awesome

Old 08-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Well painter and I had it out the last week and a half. He's been doing some shoddy work and taking his time doing it. His week estimate has taken over 5 weeks and the doors are a shade lighter than the rest of the truck. Basically I took my truck back and let him know whatever it takes to fix it comes oyt of the last 1100 dollars I still owe him. Below are pics. I also put all new weatherstripping on everything even around the wing windows. New mirrors, door handles, window cranks, and new handles on the wing windows (this Texas heat eats em up).

First is me putting Fat Mat inside my doors before I reassembled them.

\

And of course the drivers side also.

Here are a couple of pics before I got the hood installed. I plan on completing the assembly tomorrow.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribing want to see how this old ford turns out.
Trav

Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Intimnasc
Senior User
Well it has been a very long time since I updated and a lot has changed. The first painter messed up pretty bad and I literally had a truck that was 3 different shades of green. I had the entire truck repainted and she is a beauty now. I had originally been planning a rebuild of the six but decided I wanted to go with a 351 V8 instead. Body wise I am still going to have the bed lined and add the fender emblems I just cry every time I see those emblems for 40 dollars a piece at LMC truck.

Look in the future to see the motor getting completed in the next 4-6 weeks and I'll post pics of the motor in stages. It is currently awaiting the 1700 in new parts going into it and the aluminum Edelbrock heads I am ordering Monday. Anyways I'll try to do a better job of staying up for those that are interested.

Anyways here are a couple of pics of the painted truck.

And another of my new Ranch Hand rear bumper with the Ranch Hand bolt on 2" Reciever.

Here is the motor I started with for my rebuild.

Here are some of the parts I have cleaned and repainted.

Here are a couple of my Throttle body where the water tubes were corroded out. I drilled them out and tapped them to 1/4" NPT and will go to Home Depot and buy some brass fittings to replace them.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good!

Thanks for sharing the throttle body idea. I bypassed that feature on mine because the tubes are leaking. Never thought of pipe tapping them!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
dixie460
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hell that truck's comin along nice. Good choice on the seats, and I like the covers too. I was thinking of doing my headliner (old one was nasty) that way but it wouldn't really match anything. I'd come by with a case of beer but I'm "just a bit" further south of you.

What did that rear bumper run you? I was thinking of replacing mine with one that I could flush-mount some floodlights into. Sucks when you need to reverse down a narrow trail with swamp on either side and you can't see cause the factory reverse light fail miserably...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Old Green Ford Project