6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Traction bar help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:21 PM
dman255
Information Junkie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traction bar help

I've been really looking at a set of ouo trac bars from riff raff diesel. Problem is I don't know which configuration will work best for me? I don't want to weld brackets to my axels so a bolt on would be preferred. Which length would you guys recommend? The adjustable or solid? It's my work truck so daily driver, haul a fair amount of stuff in bed generally pull my tool trailer couple times a month it weighs around 10,000. Truck is a 2010 f350 cc long bed. I've attempted to contact riff raff by phone multiple times always says leave message we'll call back. Never get called back. So looking here for help.
Thanks, Donovan

Old 04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
With the long bed you will want the adaptable length bars. The small or long gusset is based on what you want visually so it is up to you on that.

Is your truck lifted at all or stock height?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
dman255
Information Junkie
I bought it about five months ago. It looks to have an f250 block stacked with the f350 block. So about two inches in back. It also has ready lift air bags in rear to help when really loaded up. I didn't know if that matters?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
You can do either that traction blocks and replace yours or do the bolt on.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:49 PM
LaredoF350
Postmaster
Is there much difference in price / performance of traction blocks vs traction bars? I dont care for the look of some of that stuff hanging under the frame!!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by LaredoF350
Is there much difference in price / performance of traction blocks vs traction bars? I dont care for the look of some of that stuff hanging under the frame!!
They will function the same but the bolt on is less expensive.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by dman255
I've been really looking at a set of ouo trac bars from riff raff diesel. Problem is I don't know which configuration will work best for me? I don't want to weld brackets to my axels so a bolt on would be preferred. Which length would you guys recommend? The adjustable or solid? It's my work truck so daily driver, haul a fair amount of stuff in bed generally pull my tool trailer couple times a month it weighs around 10,000. Truck is a 2010 f350 cc long bed. I've attempted to contact riff raff by phone multiple times always says leave message we'll call back. Never get called back. So looking here for help.
Thanks, Donovan
Hay buddy if ur not hung on the ouo stuff check out precision metal fab,

Fabricated Unitized Floating Traction Block - Precision Metal Fab

awesome product excellent customer service, trevor is an awesome guy to deal with!!!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM
dman255
Information Junkie
Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
Hay buddy if ur not hung on the ouo stuff check out precision metal fab,

Fabricated Unitized Floating Traction Block - Precision Metal Fab

awesome product excellent customer service, trevor is an awesome guy to deal with!!!
No i'm not really hung on ouo stuff. I was just looking at there stuff as it seems quite popular. I'm mainly looking for something to take care of my axle wrap and that won't bind up. Do you run Precision Metal Fab trac bars? Do they bind at all?

Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 AM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

No i'm not really hung on ouo stuff. I was just looking at there stuff as it seems quite popular. I'm mainly looking for something to take care of my axle wrap and that won't bind up. Do you run Precision Metal Fab trac bars? Do they bind at all?
Yes,I did the 5.5" traction block lift with 3/4 u-bolts, traction bars and an air lift bag setup in the rear and the 3 link 4.5" lift in the front with bilstein 5160 reservoir shocks all the way around, but I actually only have about a 100 miles on mine. Took all the wrap out from what i can tell, the shudder i had when pulling my goose-neck equipment trailer taken of from a light appears to be gone. No bind from i can tell but i haven't really been in a position to really stretch the suspension that far. I haven't had a chance to clean my truck up but ill be posting some pictures this week. Did all the work myself even did air bags at the same time. So far i really like the setup, if you look on other forums like powerstroke.org or the powerstrokenation, allot of guys are running the setup and are very please. As far as Trevor from precision, great guy to deal with always could get a hold of him even on the weekend, always had the answers i needed to assist with the install.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
The main reason One Up Offroad's traction bars are popular is because they work. They don't bind and your suspension works the way it was designed too. You won't even notice a change in your ride. I have ran One Up Offroad's bars and they work great. The fabrication and quality is on a different level. Great customer service as well.

I can't comment on the PMF bars since I have not run them. But they are a "ladder" style bar that performs different then the style of bar One Up Offroad sells. The "ladder" style is more likely due to design to bind at some point in suspension travel if you offroad the truck.

Your best bet is to contact the builders either One Up Offroad/Clay at Riffraff. I think Clay has OUO bars on his truck. There are also quite a few others on here (Weekendwarrior) who have done a little offroading/beat down on the OUO bars and comment on how well they work.

Remember these bars are expensive but once you get them in the mail, you will understand why. Pictures do not do these justice. The kit is very well put together and worth the extra coin. Essentially you are getting the same bars that are on one of the fastest powerstrokes out there and the same bars that are on jacked up 6-700 horsepower trucks sled pulling!... LOL

There are tons of videos and pictures of One Up Offroad bars in action... here are a few to enjoy, assuming you have not seen them posted before.... LOL It is worth it to explore One Up Offroad's youtube page!!

Denny's truck on 40's with a cummins
Denny Hao Sled Pull - First Place - YouTube

Rudy's truck 9.75 @ 137 MPH
9.75 @ 137 - 4/23/11 - YouTube

Here is David's OUO bars on his truck...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
dman255
Information Junkie
I was talking with trevor from pmf today. He was saying that they also offer a single style trac bar. Does or has anybody seen these or used them? I'm not completely ruling either company out I'm just checking all the options available.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Do your self a favor and get the OUO bars. I have seen to many falures with the PMF bars and other Suspention components an they are very noisy bars when you go in and out of driveways and such. OUO hands down.

I was talking with trevor from pmf today. He was saying that they also offer a single style trac bar. Does or has anybody seen these or used them? I'm not completely ruling either company out I'm just checking all the options available.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Layson
Posting Guru
Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Wow who's 450 is that?

Old 04-18-2012, 10:40 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by weekendwarriorfsw32
Do your self a favor and get the OUO bars. I have seen to many falures with the PMF bars and other Suspention components an they are very noisy bars when you go in and out of driveways and such. OUO hands down.
Well ifs theres a weak link in the PMF setup im sure i'll find it, my trucks far from a pavement princess

Quick Reply: Traction bar help