Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Junior User

quackrz is starting off with a positive reputation.
injector,standpipe, dummy plug install questions

So I am replacing #1 injector and while I am in there I am replacing the standpipe and dummy plugs, stc update etc. So I have some questions

1. What is the best way to clean the cup? I saw on youtube, they used a brush. Is this a nylon brush?
2. what is the torque on the dummy plugs and standpipe?
3. I know the jam nut on the stc is 49 ft/lbs but what is the torque for the 2 bolts to the branch tube
4 What is the torque on the hpop cover?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Here's a link to the torque chart, more on the next page also(link at bottom of first page):
Page 84: Appendix: Special Torque Chart A-L

The cup is stainless so you can pretty much use whatever you like. Shouldn't be nothing but fuel in there. A piece of paper towel and maybe a screwdriver? You'll see better when you get it out.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Elder User

mohle is starting off with a positive reputation.
What year of truck? Newer models have different high pressure oil rails. There is also a torque sequence for them. If you are going that far, I would also change the STC fitting.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Post Fiend

dlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud ofdlibson has much to be proud of
He said he was doing the STC fitting...

Looks like your covered on your other questions though...
2009 Rage'n Stryker 4005 Toy Hauler
Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Postmaster

m-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant futurem-chan68 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackrz View Post
So I am replacing #1 injector and while I am in there I am replacing the standpipe and dummy plugs, stc update etc. So I have some questions

1. What is the best way to clean the cup? I saw on youtube, they used a brush. Is this a nylon brush?
2. what is the torque on the dummy plugs and standpipe? 60ft-lbs.
3. I know the jam nut on the stc is 49 ft/lbs but what is the torque for the 2 bolts to the branch tube? 124 in-lbs.
4 What is the torque on the hpop cover? 8ft-lbs.

Thanks
Answers in bold red font.
....but STILL loves hot women with big boobies
....and STILL hates working on E-Series with 6.0L
Old 04-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Junior User

quackrz is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohle View Post
What year of truck? Newer models have different high pressure oil rails. There is also a torque sequence for them. If you are going that far, I would also change the STC fitting.

Truck is a 2005 F-250. Yes I am doing the stc update as well as new oil cooler, bulletproof egr cooler, turbo feed and drain tubes

And I have no clue how to add the truck to the signature at the bottom of posts
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM
2 bit Californian

bpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputationbpounds has a superb reputation
bill.pounds.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackrz View Post
And I have no clue how to add the truck to the signature at the bottom of posts
You need a minimum of 25 posts before you can create a "signature". When you reach 25 posts, plus 24 hours, an Edit Signature option will appear in your User Control Panel. Use that to create your sig.

2006 F250 XLT SCLB FX4 4x4 6.0L Auto,Magnaflow Turbo Back (w/CAT),Edge Insight CS,Blue Spring,RhinoLiner,Retrax Cover,Cab Lights Retro-fit,Overhead Console Retro-fit,Bilsteins,Harpooned,C-Betrs,Fumoto,'08 Diff Cover,Upfitters Retro-fit,Coolant Filter,Custom Man Steps,Keystone 2011 Cougar 278RKSWE,2012 Fusion SE
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 PM