Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Postmaster

JEFFFAFA has a good reputation on FTE.JEFFFAFA has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
I **might** have to settle for one in red. I already thought of a personalized license plate... 4REGAZM. Ya think that'll get a pass from the State reviewer? The other one is 4REU4EA.
Hope so. If you were here in AZ. you'd have to tell them a real innocent meaning.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Post Fiend

HIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to behold
Hey Jeff.. Yesterday I uncovered some part numbers while wire-wheeling the driveshaft... C8TA-4xx2-Fx.

I'd like to repaint the numbers after it's cleaned up but can't make out the characters in "x" above. Can I get some help from your microfiche? Thanks!

...70 F100 longbed 360FE/NP435/Ford 9-inch with a two-piece driveshaft.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Postmaster

This one?
C8TA4602FJ...68/72...302,360..NPG & T18...131" WB...8 3/4" & 9" R.G....40 5/8" long.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Post Fiend

HIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to beholdHIO Silver is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
This one?
C8TA4602FJ...68/72...302,360..NPG & T18...131" WB...8 3/4" & 9" R.G....40 5/8" long.
Awesome. Thanks! That must be the one.. .YOU'RE THE BEST! I'd visit your parts department any day of the week.

Btw, I might be ordering another one of those late model spoilers for my 71 F250... this time the 8-inch deep version... Gotta get the hubcaps done first.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIO Silver View Post
Awesome. Thanks! That must be the one.. .YOU'RE THE BEST! I'd visit your parts department any day of the week.

Btw, I might be ordering another one of those late model spoilers for my 71 F250... this time the 8-inch deep version... Gotta get the hubcaps done first.
Nooo Proablem Mon. (In my best island accent) That's my gig.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:11 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA View Post
Nooo Proablem Mon. (In my best island accent) That's my gig.
Hmm... that doesn't even remotely sound Hawaiian.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Post Fiend

Shadetree Electrolysis Vat

My 30-gallon setup can handle brake drums, rotors, and spindles but it can't handle a driveshaft. It's time to improvise!

Some old fence boards, masonry units, and scrap plastic sheeting and temporary vat is borne. Howz about that?! After a short bucket brigade from the setup, it holds about 10 gallons of solution. We've been having some very rare summer showers so the charger is under a little hut.

The driveshaft is slowly cooking away as indicated by the bubbles. The yoke came out great and is under a coat of primer already.

Click the image to open in full size.

I just might have to build a good one to handle radius arms.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 PM
Post Fiend

'Came home from work to find that the driveshaft was done cooking. Yay! Scraped off the remaining grit and black scale with a wire brush, Scotchbrite pad, and then washed off the residue with dishsoap and water. Dried it off, hung it from the painting tree, and gave it three coats (one dry and two wet) of etching primer. It'll get painted and U-joints installed this weekend. I found a free stencil font at 1001fonts.com that which closely matches the original stencil. It's called "Boston Traffic".

The temporary vat was disassembled and most of the solution returned to the permanent vat. EZ. The iron-rich solution is good for your plants.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:47 PM
Post Fiend

Printed the PN, hand-cut a stencil, and re-shot the driveshaft PN.. no yellow spray paint on hand so an epoxy appliance white had to do. It's probably just as sloppy as the Milpitas workers did back in the day. The driveshaft is painted cast iron grey to break up the blackness of the suspension.

Old 07-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Posting Guru

Gembone has a great reputation on FTE.Gembone has a great reputation on FTE.Gembone has a great reputation on FTE.Gembone has a great reputation on FTE.
looks nice. Keep it going. I can't wait for the maiden voyage video.

1970 F100 Flareside, 300 i6, 4-spd, 2wd
My Truck Thread
Old 08-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Post Fiend

BAM! This is my 10,000th post. Onward!

Not much work on the LBB lately... I'm tired to seeing the yard tractor project in my yard and have been working on it so it can go back to its owner. It's really coming together. The "reveal" is a couple of weeks away!
Old 08-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Postmaster

Also this thread has gone over 500 replies. Congrats Hio.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:39 PM
Post Fiend

Lo-Buck Tractor Project Update (from Post #350, Pg. 24)

'Finally got around to shooting the engine cover, foot plates, and a touch-up coat on one cowl cuz I wet-sanded through. Assembled it this evening.

It's Ace Hardware Signal Orange (Rustoleum) through a Harbor Freight HVLP. If there is any trick, it's to thin the paint by about 25 percent. This stuff dries soooo slooowly that the first coat is a light fog that sits for about 15 minutes to tack up, then 15 minutes between coats. .. that's in 80° to 85° temperature. Longer if you've got high humidity. Follow these steps and you'll be rewarded with no sags or runs!

'gotta finish up the electrical, build the cooler rack, and install the seat.

.. then it's back to the LBB. I did install new U-joints and reassemble the driveshaft.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Post Fiend

Finished

'had to finish this project before getting back on the LBB. It has been parked in my yard and leers at me whenever I come or leave home.

It is DONE.

.. and it's gotta have a cup holder. It's from West Marine, a boating store, and has a gimbal so it shouldn't spill a drop when things get rough.

Onward to the LBB......
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Junior User

Binkowski is starting off with a positive reputation.
mower?

Is there a mower deck on that? Or are you moving airplanes? Incredible work, so clean.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1970, 69, 73l, bar, budget, build, bumpside, f100, fordtrucks, hiosilver, idi, junk, retrofit, swap, sway, wrecking