6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Noticable differences between 6.4 and 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Noticable differences between 6.4 and 6.7

Well its only been about 2 days and 85 miles or so, but i must say there are a few things that are very noticable about the new truck.

first off, the engine is much smoother, quieter, stronger and just all around bad ***.

the transmission follows suit as well. very smooth, and nothing less than spot on.

the steering is seemless. much nicer and more refined. i like it a lot.

the vacuum boost brakes (which as some of you may remember i was on the fence about) are AWESOME so far. havent towed but they feel great to me. i like em a lot as well.

as far as all the other goodies like the new seats, tailgate cam, remote start, updated nav, and so on... are all amazing.

When I die, I want to be burried in my truck.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Budlight592
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cant speak for the 6.4 but I can for the 6.0. It had a tuner on it and this truck would run circles around my old one. Not to mention way better ride and I dont miss the noise of the old truck either. I have almost 3000 miles on the new one and so far loving every min of it. Funny thing is today my wife had to drive it so I could do normall maint. on her car, almost cried when she pulled out of the drive with it. Congrats on the new truck you will love it.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Your a brave man sir. My wifes on the insurance but thats about as close to driving it as she gets. At least for now in non emergency situations.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
I see nothing wrong with my wife driving my vehicles, she drove every truck I ever had. Of course she also killed my '08:

Coulda happened to anyone I guess.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Crazy001
I see nothing wrong with my wife driving my vehicles, she drove every truck I ever had. Of course she also killed my '08:

Coulda happened to anyone I guess.

Now shes really never driving it. We tried once in the 6.4 and i kept telling her to go wide around corners as its 172in wheel base is just a tad different than her camry. Im sure she could pick it up eventually, but i think id die from anxiety first.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Budlight592
Cant speak for the 6.4 but I can for the 6.0. It had a tuner on it and this truck would run circles around my old one. Not to mention way better ride and I dont miss the noise of the old truck either. I have almost 3000 miles on the new one and so far loving every min of it. Funny thing is today my wife had to drive it so I could do normall maint. on her car, almost cried when she pulled out of the drive with it. Congrats on the new truck you will love it.
My wife drives em all too !

she just doesn't like to park it - Aim it and mash it ? she's fine with that

(sorat like a pilot that doesn't like landing )

Old 04-13-2012, 10:24 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,038 Likes on 2,206 Posts
My wife drove my previous trucks and has pulled the 25' enclosed trailer with the Chevy. She does fine as long as she doesn't have to go in reverse (at all). She hasn't taken the new Ford out yet. I wonder if she is chicken? I'll have to ask her tonight if she is ever going to drive it. It don't care if she wrecks it...then she has to get me a new truck.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
[QUOTE=

(sorat like a pilot that doesn't like landing )[/QUOTE]

"Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is the first."

Never met a pilot that doesnt like landing....

Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,038 Likes on 2,206 Posts
I'm not a pilot, but I pretend to be one with a friend of mine. He lets me fly (attended of course) and has let me assist landing many times. It is so fun. To expense of a hobby for me. I'll stick to our four wheelers.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
"Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man. Landing is the first."

Never met a pilot that doesnt like landing....
Isn't landing just a controlled crash?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Isn't landing just a controlled crash?
Only for navy pilots.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Tangi Cowboy
Cargo Master
There is no doubt about it My King Ranch is a fine vehicle & I really try to find reasons to go places that I don't really need to go, just so I have an excuse to drive it. In fact from May 8th 2010 when we bought it , until Feb 2011 I managed to travel almost 20,000 miles, but since I opened this darn store last March, I've been locked in & unable to go anywhere, it's only showing a little over 25,000 as we speak!!! My wife goes to New Orleans once a week and would love to drive the truck, but parking at AmTrak is kinda tight & difficult so she drives the Toyota instead.

Attached Images   
Old 04-13-2012, 08:09 PM
jmcquarry
Senior User
I had a black/tan 2010 KR 250 with 13k miles, loved it, interior was striking, however, when I drove the 2011 6.7 I had to have it (for the reasons you mentioned, plus 30-40% better mpg), even settled for a Lariet,,,,but had to go with the 350....but I do miss the "noise" of the 6.4 when it launches at full throttle

Old 04-13-2012, 08:23 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Glad you're happy with the new truck but the wife nonsense is so crap! Do you have separate bank accounts too? My wife drives anything we own whenever she wants including the new truck. She drove our CTS-V and it's 550+ HP as hard as I did. She rides the higher HP sled than mine, a Yamaha Apex which is over 160 HP. She broke my record with our S60R at 150 on her way home from work one night. Don't know how she did it as it was computer controlled to 147. Anyways, take off the caveman hat. Makes you look silly.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:31 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Glad you're happy with the new truck but the wife nonsense is so crap! Do you have separate bank accounts too? My wife drives anything we own whenever she wants including the new truck. She drove our CTS-V and it's 550+ HP as hard as I did. She rides the higher HP sled than mine, a Yamaha Apex which is over 160 HP. She broke my record with our S60R at 150 on her way home from work one night. Don't know how she did it as it was computer controlled to 147. Anyways, take off the caveman hat. Makes you look silly.
nope, your just lucky. my wife cant do any of those things. and i envy you for what you have

Quick Reply: Noticable differences between 6.4 and 6.7