Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

November Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 05:01 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
November Chat Thread

Fall is here! The leaves are starting to change and Thanksgiving is on the way! I am loving the cooler weather.
They have all the glass in the new building and they are getting ready to lay the blacktop down. My new boss is also working out of the Cartersville store right now and he is a super great guy. I am so glad I made the decision to work for them. Slowly getting the internal clock readjusted to sleeping in a little later, but time change on Saturday is going to mess me up again.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:03 PM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,520 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Good evening Stephen, Hugh and all of Georgia!
New month and I can already smell the turkey in the oven.
Glad your are liking the new gig and boss.
Any other Coworkers there moving to the new shop?
And yes right in the middle of sleep adjustment they through a time change for me as well.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:56 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Ordered my uniforms yesterday!
A buddy said he is tired of working on the big stuff and was interested in coming with me. He is only 2 years from being able to draw a retirement so it would be a little crazy for him to change jobs now.
My new boss was asking me how it was going and liked I was picking things up on things easily. He said we were going to do things a little different at our store and I said like keep the shop a little more organized and cleaner. He said that was exactly what he was thinking! The shop area could use a good clean up.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:39 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry little man got sick. You will have the new shop like your old tank shop. I think a leadman position maybe in your future. If your buddy is smart he will still with Yancy for the 2 years. I am also glad it cooled of a little

Old 11-02-2018, 08:33 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I asked my new boss how many mechanics we had for the new store, he said 2, me and the lawnmower/ chainsaw guy. I was like wow OK, He said I am falling right in the groove so he was not worried but he is looking to hire one more tractor mechanic. I have worked on every skid steer and mini-x that have come in the shop this week along with a few different size tractors. The guys in Cartersville are amazed at how fast I have learned the new systems, they think I have worked on this equipment before. I am going to take the lead on keeping the shop clean and organized.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:48 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
On tractors the estimates are in days and weeks. With 2 people keeping thge shop clean should be easy. Put all the new gears onnthe f/r shaft found a bad bearing and when the dealer ordered all the parts they shorted me a snap ring. I did find the orginal failure that caused the damage. Even though the LS guy did not think it was the detent spring I ordered and paid for a new spring , ball and rod. Compared the old spring to the new one the new one is taller. Go figure the weakest point the dealer said no that not it.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:20 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Sometimes the experts are not as smart as they think they are.
I have a tractor giving me fits. It started out as a problem with aftertreatment.The owner never let it regen in over 180 hrs of use and the air filter was completely stopped up. I got that repaired after 8 hours of it doing a regeneration and now it's showing high exhaust temp above idle. Even the service manager is confused at what it's doing. Other than that I am knocking everything he is giving me. Put a set of new rubber tracks on a skid steer yesterday, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:55 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
The egt sensor may be bad. No almost nothing anout tier 4.

i had to order the bearing and snapring. I found a skf # but Orileys or Napa could not get it. I could get one that was sealed for 13.00. I have to have open 45.00 from a New Holland dealer.

I the drove Mazda home.

Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
John Deere says send them an ecu snapshot of it running when the light comes on. They have great troubleshooting except for Tier 4 stuff.
Cleaned up most of the vehicles today along with my sons car seat. He got sick all over himself and the car seat yesterday when riding. Put a new thermostat in the dodge but very little heat so it's either a bad actuator or they are notorious for having blend door problems.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:00 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Went to the Kemp/ Trump rally in Macon. About 12kwent thru security plus unknown amount watching on a big screen. Got there at 830 just got home. My back, feet are pissed at me

Old 11-05-2018, 04:52 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
So you got the Mazda good enough to drive or you took it home to work on it?
My wife is finally getting tired of our daughter driving her car, my daughter has been going back and forth looking at cars and tahoes. Finally last night I just said she could just have the suburban and the daughter agreed. She asked so when do I get the keys? I said when you get a job to pay for insurance.

With the wet and cold weather lately my left knee has been giving me fits.

Old 11-05-2018, 05:13 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I drove it home, but with the busted windshield can drive it regular. I have some small electrical stuff to do it. Going to build a 6 x 8 flatbed for it. That would g8ve me more cargo space than the regular bed.

i thought your daughter had a job and a boyfriend. I bet you wife is getting upset with her joyriding in the "M". That ego thing coming out. I thoughy she want the Dodge back. Have you told her this " want in one hand and poop in other and see which one fills up first" ? Kinda crude but helps between needs and wants.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:32 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
She still has the boyfriend but she quit the job. The owner was insane and it was a bad work place so I had her quit, she was coming home crying almost every day because of the nutty owner. She did want the Dodge but I would not say it was exactly up to being driven to work daily right now so she was looking to get something else. I know the suburban is a good truck and it's paid off. Her and her boyfriend are talking about moving in together so she really didn't need a car payment.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:43 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
If you gave her the Suburban what are you driving? At least she got ger gad job experience early. Alot of the jobs right now are going to be seasonal. Is daddy ready for his little chick to fly the coop?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:35 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
She won't get the Suburban till at least this weekend, I have to change the oil in the Lightning first .Once I put rear tires on the dodge and fix the heat I can drive it. I can drive the Hummer or the M so I have plenty of options.I knew her flying the coop was coming. I have been looking at vacations for 2 adults and one child, my wife said what about our daughter? I told her I was being realistic that it would just be the 3 of us soon.

I am going to take the Brute Force 750 4 wheeler that blew up last year to work. My boss rebuilds them on the side and he said the cost would be parts and he would give me a good deal on labor.
I took my backpack blower to work and we are waiting on a carb for it. I am going to take the riding mower next week and have them look at it. We are slowing down so the guys at work said they would fix them for me. It gives them something to do since we are paid by the hour and not on commision. Yesterday I cleaned up the shop most of the afternoon. I laugh now that I watch the crazy Atlanta traffic report on the morning news and I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Quick Reply: November Chat Thread