6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2008 factory remote start problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 PM
pdombrowicki
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 factory remote start problem

I installed a factory remote start, keyless entry, and alarm. Part # 7L3J-19G367-AA. I have everything wired locks and unlocks work, programmed the way it says to but when I hit the start button. It goes in to start mode but doesn't crank. PATS module is hocked up and working no security light is on. I can start the truck with the key hit the remote start button turn the key off pull the key out and the truck stays running. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you have both keys when you programmed the PATS? I know this was an issue when I did mine. You have to have them both to program the remote start correctly.

Also, I wish I had just gotten an aftermarket one. The "factory" Ford remote start and alarm kit is an aftermarket one with a Ford sticker on it.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM
pdombrowicki
Elder User
Originally Posted by jasfaa
Did you have both keys when you programmed the PATS? I know this was an issue when I did mine. You have to have them both to program the remote start correctly. <br />
<br />
Also, I wish I had just gotten an aftermarket one. The "factory" Ford remote start and alarm kit is an aftermarket one with a Ford sticker on it.
<br />
<br />
Yes I have both keys.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Must be programming then. My wife had one and I had the other when they programmed mine. I remember it was a bit tricky.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Jims 08 stroker
Freshman User
Did you check if you are getting 12v at starter wire I believe it is a blue/white wire at ign. switch should be appox 12.8 after wait to start light goes out.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 PM
pdombrowicki
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jims 08 stroker
Did you check if you are getting 12v at starter wire I believe it is a blue/white wire at ign. switch should be appox 12.8 after wait to start light goes out.
I have no power out on that wire during remote start but it does show power when I crank with the key.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Jims 08 stroker
Freshman User
when you press the start button the unit should supply voltage to the wire I checked mine and it does after like 20 sec. my remote stater you have to to hit the button twice

Old 04-20-2012, 11:10 AM
danzung
New User
OEM remote start

Hi
I have no definitive answer but you must check your hood pin or any other connection which are crucial. I have used them in non ford vehicles.

This time I am also installing an OEM starter on 2009 escape. I am unable to locate wiring for following can you please help....any images, would be of greater help...
1.Door Lock output
2.Door Unlock output
3.Park light output

Old 04-20-2012, 12:11 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
I have 2008 and 2010. hope this helps

#512266: 2008 FORD ESCAPE 4DR SUV
Audio/Mobile Video
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Please select another category
Security
Battery BLUE/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Ignition 1 WHITE/ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Starter 1 BLUE/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH
All Door Trigger GRAY/VIOLET (+) DRIVERS KICK PANEL
Domelight Super BROWN (-) DIMMER SWITCH
Parking Lights VIOLET/WHITE (+) DRIVERS KICK PANEL
SMALLER PLUG IN D. KICK PANEL
Low Crr Pk Lights BLUE/GRAY (-) IGNITION SWITCH
IF THE VEHICLE UIS EQUIPPED WITH AUTO LAMP USE MUST USE TWO RELAYS ONE ON PARKING LIGHTS AND THE OTHER ON HEADLAMPS. IF VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE AUTOLAMPS THEN ONLY ONE RELAY IS REQUIRED AND THAT WILL BE ON JUST THE PARKING LIGH WIRE. SEE TECH TIP.
Convenience
Headlights-Lo YELLOW/BLUE (+) HEADLIGHT SWITCH
Trnk Release BROWN/BLUE (+) REAR DRIVERS SILL PLATE
Remote Start
Battery BLUE/RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Ignition 1 WHITE/ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Accessory 1 VIOLET/GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Starter 1 BLUE/WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Key Sense BLUE/GRAY (+) IGNITION SWITCH
Speed Sense PURPLE/ORANGE, 8000 PPM (AC) UNDER HOOD ON FIREWALL 3 CONNECTOR PCM MIDDLE CONN. POSITION 1
Parking Lights VIOLET/WHITE (+) DRIVERS KICK PANEL
SMALLER PLUG IN D. KICK PANEL
Low Crr. Pk Lights BLUE/GRAY (-) IGNITION SWITCH
IF THE VEHICLE UIS EQUIPPED WITH AUTO LAMP USE MUST USE TWO RELAYS ONE ON PARKING LIGHTS AND THE OTHER ON HEADLAMPS. IF VEHICLE DOES NOT HAVE AUTOLAMPS THEN ONLY ONE RELAY IS REQUIRED AND THAT WILL BE ON JUST THE PARKING LIGH WIRE. SEE TECH TIP.
Brake Lights GRAY/BROWN (+) LOCATED IN THE SJB (DRIVERS KICKPANEL)
Horn BROWN (-) STEERING COLUMN HARNESS
Modules
WIRE LOCATION
Module 1 SJB-SMART JUNCTION BOX LOCATED ION DRIVERS KICK PANEL
Doorlocks/Windows
Door Lock Circuit 3 WIRE NEG
Power Unlock YELLOW/VIOLET (-) DRIVERS KICKPANEL
PowerLock BLUE/GREEN (-) DRIVERS KICKPANEL
Driver Mtr Unlock BLUE/GREEN (+) DRIVERS KICKPANEL
Driver Mtr Lock GRAY/BROWN (+) DRIVERS KICKPANEL
Pas Mtr Unlock VIOLET/GRAY (+) REAR DRIVERS SILL PLATE

2010 vehicle wiring
PATS RX Data ~ Purple/Grey At transponder Connector (PIN 4)
PATS TX Data ~ Yellow/Orange At transponder Connector (PIN 3)
PATS Ignition + Blue/Tan At transponder Connector (PIN 1)
PATS Ground -Black/Blue At transponder Connector (PIN 2)
12 Volts 1 + Blue/Red Ignition Harness
Ignition 1 + White/Orange Ignition Harness
Accessory 1 +Purple/Green Ignition Harness
Starter 1 + Blue/White Ignition Harness
Parking Lights + Purple/White Driver Running Board Harness
Foot Brake + Purple/White At Driver Kick Panel
Emergency Brake - White/Purple At Emergency Brake
Clutch Switch - Blue/Orange At Clutch Switch
Lock - Blue/Green At Driver Kick Panel
Unlock - Yellow/Purple At Driver Kick Panel
Arm + Yellow/Green and Purple/Green Diode isolate In Drivers Running Board Harness
Disarm - Purple/Brown In Drivers Running Board Harness
Trunk Release - Brown At Smart Junction Box Located in the center console
Lift Gate Release - Brown/Yellow Driver Running Board Harness
Dome Sensor -Grey At pillar
Door Pin FL -Green/Purple At Smart Junction Box
Door Pin FR -White At Smart Junction Box
Door Pin RL -Green At Smart Junction Box
Door Pin RR -Yellow At Smart Junction Box
Trunk Pin - Grey/Orange At Smart Junction Box
Horn - Brown Steering Column
Key Sense + Blue/Grey Ignition Harness
Tach ~ Purple/Brown At PCM module under hood
Fuel Injector ~ Any Fuel Injector Opposite from Green/Red
Reverse Lights + Green/Blue In Drivers Running Board Harness
Fuel Pump + Purple/White At Passenger Kick Panel
Rear Defrost - White/Orange Back of A/C Module
Auto Lights Shutdown (cut) Purple/Green At Parking Light Harness

Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
danzung
New User
That is great. Now did you happen to install a relay??. I have a auto lamp switch with Fog lights (Trim:XLT)

Thanks
DZ

Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM
jasfaa
Posting Guru
Sorry, I have never done one. I just have access to the wiring diagrams of cars.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
danzung
New User
Originally Posted by pdombrowicki
I installed a factory remote start, keyless entry, and alarm. Part # 7L3J-19G367-AA. I have everything wired locks and unlocks work, programmed the way it says to but when I hit the start button. It goes in to start mode but doesn't crank. PATS module is hocked up and working no security light is on. I can start the truck with the key hit the remote start button turn the key off pull the key out and the truck stays running. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi did you get your remote start to work .....i did mine and works...

did you troubleshoot.....hold remote start for 3 10 secs....horn chirps....the number of horns should tell you the problem....i guess your security by pass not programmed properly.....
1 chirp...security
2 chirp hood or brakes
3 chirp door
4 chirp...tach....

i hope this helps

Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
pdombrowicki
Elder User
Originally Posted by danzung
Hi did you get your remote start to work .....i did mine and works...

did you troubleshoot.....hold remote start for 3 10 secs....horn chirps....the number of horns should tell you the problem....i guess your security by pass not programmed properly.....
1 chirp...security
2 chirp hood or brakes
3 chirp door
4 chirp...tach....

i hope this helps
Know I haven't. I get four chirps but the alarm is set for tachless. Like it says to program. I don't know what the issue is.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
danzung
New User
Originally Posted by pdombrowicki
Know I haven't. I get four chirps but the alarm is set for tachless. Like it says to program. I don't know what the issue is.
You may be having this one but just thought it can help. When pressing the over ride button we often tend to press longer and goes into next banks......
In summary, your installation has been good but need to program.....give a try by making it learn the tach mode...you never know....I had to spend a long time setting my security bypass...it took me atleast 8 attempts over 3 days....just the programming....

Option Bank 1 – 4 chirps
1 – Lite-touch adjustment (refer to page 25 for Shock Sensor programming procedure)
2 – Full shock adjustment (refer to page 25 for Shock Sensor programming procedure)
3 – Learn tachometer
With hood open or brake on, start engine. System will chirp horn every five seconds
if a valid tach signal is present. Press Panic on transmitter when complete.
4 – Door ajar switch input inverter
LED On – Positive, LED Off – Negative .................................................. .................................................. . On (Positive)
5 – Unlock switch sense input inverter
LED On – Positive, LED Off – Negative .................................................. .................................................. . On (Positive)
6 – Key-in sense input inverter
7 – Extended Horn Honk Pulse
LED On = Extended Horn Honk Pulse, LED Off = Standard horn honk pulse .......................................... Off
8 – Optional alarm disable
Disables security functionality. .................................................. .................................................. ............... Off
Option Bank 2 – 5 chirps
1 – Starter Interrupt
Starter interrupt activates when Security System is armed. .................................................. .................... Off
2 – Passive starter Interrupt
Starter interrupt activates 1 minutes after key off event. .................................................. ........................... Off
3 – Passive arming
Security system activates 1 minutes after key off event. .................................................. .......................... Off
4 – Passive door locks
All doors lock automatically 1 minutes after key off event. .................................................. ...................... Off
5 – Selectable chirps
Enables arming/disarming confirmation chirps (uses horn). .................................................. ................ On
6 – Silent choice (Requires option #5 (above) to be ON)
On – Confirmation chirp on second press of transmitter button
Off – Confirmation chirp on first press of transmitter button .................................................. ................... On
7 – Door Ajar Input Entry Delay
5 Second entry delay. Used for vehicles with external door mounted RKE keypads................................ Off
8 – Use trunk relay as Driver door unlock
Switches Trunk release and Drivers door unlock outputs .................................................. ...................... Off
Option Bank 3 – 6 chirps
1 – Drivers door priority unlock
Drivers door only unlocks on first press of Disarm/Unlock,
All doors unlock on second press within 5 seconds. .................................................. ................................ Off
2 – Ignition lock
All doors lock when ignition key is turned to on (run). .................................................. .............................. Off
3 – Ignition unlock
All doors are unlocked when ignition key is turned to off. .................................................. ........................ Off
4 – Delayed door lock for ignition lock
Waits 3 seconds after key on event before activating ignition lock.
Used on vehicles with theater dimming interior lights. .................................................. ............................. Off
5 – Illuminated exit
Activates dome light output for one minute when ignition key is turned off .............................................. On
6 – Horn used for alarm
Horn sounds during alarm/panic cycles .................................................. ................................................. On
7 – Noise control
Limits alarm trips to 5 per zone .................................................. .................................................. .............. On
8 – Factory RKE system does not arm alarm
Prevents factory RKE from arming security system. Still allows
factory RKE to disarm security system. .................................................. .................................................. . Off

Old 07-23-2018, 05:36 PM
Ryan Byrd
New User
Not starting

On my 2008 Ford F350, I have the factory remote start. When I first got the truck at 72000 miles it worked great. About 2 years ago it quit working, it comes on like it's going to start be the theft light flash rapidly. The horn chirps when I press the button and chirps again when it doesn't start. Any thoughts what it might be?

Quick Reply: 2008 factory remote start problem