Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Dent spotting!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:44 AM
JB78f150
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh, I have seen that truck many times while going to visit my Grandma.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JB78f150
I would say you cannot take pictures of your own truck. But they are totally different....
That's the idea, but I'm not going to be a hard a$$ about it. There's another thread for that.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...-today-68.html

Originally Posted by JB78f150
.....Is that the Highboy Bumpside by the country club?

Huh, I have seen that truck many times while going to visit my Grandma.
"Over the river and past the Dent! To Grandmother's house we go!"

Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM
JB78f150
Posting Guru
Well one of Papabearyuma trucks looked like one he posted up but. The colors are backwards and his has the 140 wheelbase.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:53 PM
clems78
Junior User
Originally Posted by robbragiel
That hacked box is where the spare tire goes. Its hard to find those anymore.
i got one and if i could post pics from my phone all could see it

Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
No, I wasn't posting pictures of my own dent - but I was one second away from buying another on E-Bay a couple of hours ago. F-350 with slightly different paint scheme but still in brown and sand.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:10 PM
lakatco
New User
Originally Posted by thatsrealnice
I've been surprised by how many dents are in downtown Denver where gas prices are high, and the street so narrow usually only one vehicle at a time can pass, and usually the other person pulls over when they see an old truck coming at them. I've been considering putting a card or something to start like a Capital Hill Ford Truck Exchange, to exchange ideas or locate parts or help each other when working on one of them.
I live up north of Fort Collins but have gone down to down town Denver to see a friend occasionally. Small cars and other trucks just dive off to the side. This over south of Colfax really tight little streets.. Part of what I like about my truck is the aggressive front end. I just found some factory bumper guards They will make it look like it has fangs. Just got a smoking deal on some new to me wheels and tires. paint is next. When I figure out how to post pics I will get opinions on a paint scheme. It will be brown and white just sure on the arrangement.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
Originally Posted by lakatco
I live up north of Fort Collins but have gone down to down town Denver to see a friend occasionally. Small cars and other trucks just dive off to the side. This over south of Colfax really tight little streets.. Part of what I like about my truck is the aggressive front end. I just found some factory bumper guards They will make it look like it has fangs. Just got a smoking deal on some new to me wheels and tires. paint is next. When I figure out how to post pics I will get opinions on a paint scheme. It will be brown and white just sure on the arrangement.
I'd like to find some of those bumper guards. Are there any more where you found yours?

Old 06-06-2012, 01:00 PM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
LANDMARK MOMENT!!!!

My first Dent to Dent encounter!

I was pulling out of my local Parts Connection and he passed by. I caught up to him at the next light then he pulled into Pep Boys.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM
gpence
Elder User
their's a car hauler parked in the Casey's gas station here next to my house and up on the top row is a really nice looking 76/77 and a I belive 71/72?? I'm not to great with the bump side year's but it has the same grill as my 72 did anyway.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 PM
lakatco
New User
Not that I know of wasn't til after I saw them and went looking for some more that I realized they aren't easy to find and doesn't look like they make them new

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
Heading out of the neighborhood for work and this was outside a vacant rental property, That landlord has good taste.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
Not that I know of wasn't til after I saw them and went looking for some more that I realized they aren't easy to find and doesn't look like they make them new
That's what I'm finding. I have found some but they are the wrong shape for my bumper. Mine has the square profile at the top and the only ones I've been able to find are the ones that fit the rounded point type bumpers.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:44 PM
79CAMOFORD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by GOVTMOD
Heading out of the neighborhood for work and this was outside a vacant rental property, That landlord has good taste.

Good looking truck!! I see a few running around my neighborhood but i keep forgetting to take pictures

Old 06-07-2012, 06:58 PM
GOVTMOD
Elder User
Originally Posted by 79CAMOFORD
Good looking truck!! I see a few running around my neighborhood but i keep forgetting to take pictures
My problem is I can't always get my camera running quick enough. If I still had my Blackberry there might be a few more on here. I've missed several that I may not have a chance at again. There are also a couple I need to get that I just haven't been able to at the right times.

Here's one doing what dents do best, working. Snapped this right after I saw the driver walk from the cab into the trench he apparently just dug with the backhoe.

That's the coolest thing about Dents, you see them in tip top restored or show condition to beat up workhorses everywhere. Just to be fair I see a surprising amount of Bumpsides doing the same things as well.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Talking I got a picture to share with y'all !

I took this picture with my phone yesturday afternoon while walking back home through an alley from an appointment I had...

Quick Reply: Dent spotting!