Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Freshman User

cadman2b is starting off with a positive reputation.
2-3 Shift 5R100

I have a 97 f150 with a 2005 v10 in it, have drove it for a couple years now, was using the 4r70 trans, it finally crapped out and put in a 05 5r110. Used the stock harness, no cuts or splices. Shifts 1-2 just fine, but when it goes to 2-3 it locks up the tires for a second, like maybe 2 gears at once? Have a tune from Mike at 5 star tuning. Tried it stock, same result. Did some datalogging with the Livewire from SCT. Problem is, not sure what I need to log or had to read it for sure. Did the solenoid voltage and pressures. Any advice would be appreciated. Also the vehicle speed shifts say 8, 13, 17.5, 30, 30, 90. Not sure what this means, Drove on gravel only got to 23 mph and 2200 rpm max. Did not drive it hard.
Thanks, Bryan
Old 04-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Freshman User

Anybody?? What solenoid voltages should be at different times? Pressures?
I dont know if this is a computer problem, wiring problem (which I dont think it is, engine and trans harness have not been cut or altered, just the body) or a trans problem. I do have a warranty on it, it is used. I have taken a job out of state and only get home about once a month for a couple days and try and work on it and see family.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:03 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
I've never looked at solenoid voltages so I can't tell you what they should be. Solenoid pressures will change so fast during a shift there is no way to tell you what the right pressure is.

You need to monitor the three trans speed sensors, turbine speed, intermediate shaft speed, and output shaft speed. Also get gear commanded, torque converter clutch, vehicle speed, and throttle position.

It is impossible for the trans to lock the wheels on a 2-3 shift. The hardware won't do that. It is REALLY easy for that to happen on a 3-4 (3-5 for the purists) shift.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Freshman User

Thank you, I will log that probably tomorrow, family day today. Leave again Tuesday. I will post what it says. Not sure how Mike setup the shift points. Loved tinkering with it when I was home all the time, frustrating when I dont get much time to work on it.
Thanks again I really appreciate it.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Freshman User

Ok, I have not had much time back home to work on this, I am going home for a week at the end of the month and really would like to accomplish something this time. I was home recently and tried checking solenoids, they all ohmed out at 4.4 except the pressure solenoid and I think it was 5.3. I have another 5r110 that reverse went out on a guy and he give it to me, same readings on the solenoids there. I saw this post with no replies,
Whats up guys. Heres the deal. I picked up my '05 6.0 from the dealer after they installed a new [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]turbo[/COLOR][/COLOR], oil cooler, egr cooler, and radiator. As i was driving home,(not even 10 miles) the tow haul light started flashing and everytime it would try to shift into 3rd(i think) it would literaly LOCK down like you slammed on the brakes. Once you slowed down/stopped it would "unlock" again until 3rd. What do you think?
Here is a list of codes the ford house just gave me..P0700, P0772, and P2704 hope that helps.
THANKS guys, Verlin
Old 05-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Freshman User

I have started reading the torqshift thread. I thought it might be wiring issue, but his truck is acting like mine. I swapped the low/reverse solenoid, no change. Factory engine harness and trans harness. Body harness is hacked. I am trying to make sure I have the right inputs on it. Thanks for any help you can give, I really want to get it running again. To much money in it to scrap, and cost to much to put in a stick. Besides I like the auto!!
Thanks, Bryan
Old 05-05-2013, 12:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2006, 23, 5r100, 5r110, 97, f150, f450, fast, ford, location, problems, shift, shifting, solenoid, solnoid, torque, transmisiones, v10