Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Senior User
2000 Ford F-350

Parts Jimmy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
For those that doubt the Transit Connect

I was reading a thread about the how the Econoline van is being replaced by the Transit (full sized Transit) and the Transit Connect was being mentioned in the thread. Some people doubt the capability of the TC. Here is proof that it gets the work done. I use a Transit Connect to deliver my fleet customers engines on a regular basis. A transit connect will easily haul a dressed 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel engine that weighs 1000 lbs. We delivered on a few of weeks ago with a TC. It barely squatted. The TC is VERY capable.

Click the image to open in full size.

4" MBRP/Donaldson Exhaust,Transgo Equipped 4R100, Finned OE Diff Cover, Autometer Guages, Motorcraft AIS, Timbren Overloads, Code L Front Springs,Bilstein Shocks, BFG Commercial TA Rubber, Hella 700FF Driving Lights, C-Betr Mirrors
2004 Mustang GT

Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

militarymetal is starting off with a positive reputation.
I thought about one of those when I was looking. Test drove nice. Those are made in Turkey, right?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Elder User
1967 Ford Falcon

wp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to all
I ain't knocking it yet but I just dropped off one at the dealer for the second left front wheel bearing in 25,000 miles. Its also getting a new ABS sensor and a new CV Axle. Mind you 25,000 miles. The Ford tech told me point blank to not overload it. I didn't want to know why for we have 8 of them in our fleet and are adding 2 more as we speak.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Senior User
2000 Ford F-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymetal View Post
I thought about one of those when I was looking. Test drove nice. Those are made in Turkey, right?
Yep. Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp120470 View Post
I ain't knocking it yet but I just dropped off one at the dealer for the second left front wheel bearing in 25,000 miles. Its also getting a new ABS sensor and a new CV Axle. Mind you 25,000 miles. The Ford tech told me point blank to not overload it. I didn't want to know why for we have 8 of them in our fleet and are adding 2 more as we speak.

We have 3 of them in our fleet. The biggest problem we have with them is we get roughly 35-40k out of brakes. We have one with 65k miles and it will soon need brakes again. All of the driving is entirely city miles. I would like to see bigger brakes on them myself. We have had no CV or bearing issues. One tire pressure sensor.
4" MBRP/Donaldson Exhaust,Transgo Equipped 4R100, Finned OE Diff Cover, Autometer Guages, Motorcraft AIS, Timbren Overloads, Code L Front Springs,Bilstein Shocks, BFG Commercial TA Rubber, Hella 700FF Driving Lights, C-Betr Mirrors
2004 Mustang GT

Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Elder User
1967 Ford Falcon

wp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to all
Just make sure the drivers know to DO NOT use fix-a-flat. It will destroy the sensor and have to be replaced. The axle is ok the tech stripped the threads so they have to replace it. The ABS sensor,I beleive is from the new bearing was slinging grease so I know the bearing is bad. Just sux they don't keep parts for them at my local dealer. The tech said don't overload them because the transmissions won't take it. Said they have had some of them messed up. Who knows? I am stuck with them either way.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

70f100longbed has a good reputation on FTE.70f100longbed has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey I'm the tech that worked on your Transit! Small world huh? Classic Ford right? The axle nut galled the threads on the CV joint when I took it apart last time that's why I replaced the axle. The thing about the transmission is the OD band is pretty small to hold all the weight if it's overloaded. There was a Transit that came in a few months ago that had the direct clutches and OD band burnt. It was used for installing DirectTV I think and was loaded down pretty good. Ford hotline told the trans tech they have seen quite a few burnt up direct clutches and OD bands and most likely was due to being overloaded. They use the same transmission in the Focus but dont have any problems. The payload is 1600 lbs so they can carry some weight. I think they are a great little van for what they are designed for.
Every 5.4 3V owner should have Lisle tool #65600
8L3Z-6M280-B updated VCT solenoids for 5.4 3V rattle
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Elder User
1967 Ford Falcon

Cool I just talked to Jay about it before I left work. Man I am glad this thing is your headache not mine. Talk to in person on what he said he found. Wow that blew me away. With that one being one of the first ones we got it is scareing the hell out of me for things yet to come. He said it is still got a hard pull so tomorrow you all should get into that problem. We joked about unless the driver drove it off a cliff, Now I am starting to wonder if he tried it. Well Hopefully I get the time to stop by sometime tomorrow. I guess we will see. Be good , Later.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:26 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

opcom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parts Jimmy View Post
I was reading a thread about the how the Econoline van is being replaced by the Transit (full sized Transit) and the Transit Connect was being mentioned in the thread. Some people doubt the capability of the TC. Here is proof that it gets the work done. I use a Transit Connect to deliver my fleet customers engines on a regular basis. A transit connect will easily haul a dressed 6.0 Power Stroke Diesel engine that weighs 1000 lbs. We delivered on a few of weeks ago with a TC. It barely squatted. The TC is VERY capable.

Is that some kind of paperboard on the inside door panels? It also appears in the Fork UK site's ads. Is there insulation behind it or is it to be removed in order to put something in place like a rack of shelves and parts bins? That transit does not look like the quite small van that was at the Ford dealer in Texas. The rumored "large" ones are not due in the States yet.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Senior User
2000 Ford F-350

It is the small US Transit Connect. The panels are particle board. Donno what is behind it.
2004 Mustang GT

Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
The Brown Mod
Garage is empty, add now

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
There is probably candy behind them tear the panels appart!.
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures "He who uses no jack stands is destined to become a jack stand himself"
Old 08-14-2012, 12:16 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
axel, connect, enthusiast, ford, overload, powered, sensor, transit, vbulletin