Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2012, 07:02 PM
New User

96Indyram is starting off with a positive reputation.
Airbag warning light on in instrument cluster

I have a 2011 F150 supercrew 4x4 5.0, it has almost 8k miles.
I have looked around online to see if this is a common issue but haven't found anything really.
The airbag warning light in the instrument cluster will come on and stay on randomly. Somedays it only lights up when I start the truck, other days it will turn on and stay on until I restart the truck. I think I have a glitch or a malfunction in a switch somewhere with the Airbag system.

Anybody else here having or had this issue?

I will be calling the dealership about it after we finish the Easter Weekend.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 PM
New User

ecoboostin4x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
dad has 2011 eco boost supercrew 4x4 and his airbag light is doing the same thing so yea x2 that question
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM
New User

Took some time.... but I finally got the truck into the service shop.
They had to keep it overnight, and gave me a rental. ( a new Ford Focus.... My God I feel like I am in a death trap...this thing is small and slow! ) The said it is a bad " Body control module"
that there is a service bulletin on it.
Parts had to get ordered from Kentucky, I might get it back tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Elder User

awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.awq134 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
i had a similar issue, only it was telling me that the passenger airbag was turned off when it should have been on. But i knew why that was happening... turns out when you leave your windows down in a torrential down pour water gets into the sensor and makes it act up!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM
New User

Service dept. called me and said my truck was done, but I need to bring the other key so they could reprogram it. When they replaced the PCM and the body control module they had to reprogram the keys to the truck.

I get up there and the truck is NOT done..... he is still working on it, they said to give them a hour. A hour and 1/2 later I am still watching this guy working on my truck.
While I was there I bought a locking gas plug/cap. Just for the reason is I drive alot of dirt roads and in the fields and I dont like all the dirt that cakes up in around the fuel filler possibly getting into the tank.
So I went out into the service dept and put it on the truck because I was getting tired of carrying it around.
While I was there I was talking to the Mechanic, and he said it wasn't the PCM or the BCM.... and he was changing out the airbag control module.
I said " ok...I am going back to watch t.v. in the waiting room". Just as I got to the back of the truck behind the tailgate....all of a sudden............. BOOM!!!!!!
I looked around because I thought a truck backfired or a battery exploded.........nope......... I noticed my lights flashing and horn honking, and I looked into the back window to see my airbags deployed inside my truck, and the mechanic looking like he steped on a landmine.
I guess the new airbag module he put in ( between the seats under the console that moniters side impact or roll overs) was faulty and it blew the side curtain airbags as soon as he plugged it in.
I asked him if he was ok as he came out from inside the truck....he was a little shocked but ok.
I just started lauging as all the managers etc....come out to see what exploded.
SO..........now I am still waiting for my truck....now for new airbags and a new headliner and what ever else that got blown up to get replaced.
I told them NO Ford Focus this time! They gave me a 2012 Escape to drive until I get my F150 back.
I still am LMAO over the whole ordeal...and the look on the Mechanics face after they blew......Priceless!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM
New User

WOW, I have been away for awhile...guess I should post a update.

I did finally get the truck back from the service shop after a week of them working on it.
The next day I found out they did not hook up the passenger door limit bar/catch thing. So I hooked bolted it back to the door, but the sad thing is the rubber gromet on it was ripped off. I looked at the drivers door and the same thing. It was bolted back up to the door...about 4 threads of the bolt holding it on, and the rubber gromet was ripped.
I tightend the bolts down and inspected other things...found The lower passenger side kick panel was loose also...so I fix that too.

I will never take my truck back to that dealership ( the same one I bought the truck at) to get worked on ever again!

They got a ear full when they called me on a follow up call/survey on how my service experence was.

Anyway....here it is 5 months later and have had Zero issues with the truck!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F150

Tags
1994, 2009, 97, air, airbag, bag, cluster, expedition, f150, f250, ford, instrument, light, message, warning