Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Senior User

Blown284 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Couple of new mods planned

Now that I have my truck fairly tuned well and no longer suffering through the lift, vibrations, etc I thought that now would be as best time as any to get some REAL gauges in the truck, go ahead and install the 4" MBRP (stainless) exhaust and also replace all the intercooler boots.

Boost Gauge. All the gauges all the same and I'm sure most of you have seen EV2 gauges before:

Click the image to open in full size.

MBRP on the bottom and the box on the top is my new "A" pillar gauge holder:

Click the image to open in full size.

Can't wait to get this stuff installed.

Have a great weekend everyone and a happy easter!
Mods to date: MBRP 4" exhaust, ISSPro Ev2 gauges, Leveling kit, DIY 6673 intake, muffler delete, '05 leather front seats/console, Stereo upgrade, Scangauge II, HD headlight, new front grill, TW 6 POS w/SWAMPS tunes)
2012 VW Passat TDI
Old 04-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
ScanGauge Combo Kit : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge I love REAL gauges, but it would have been lots less expensive to go with a Scan Gauge II.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 04-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Senior User

I have a scan gauge II in the truck and while it's great the boost reading is WAY off, not accurate and Exteemely slow updating since it uses the MAP sensor to read boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
ScanGauge Combo Kit : Linear Logic : Home of the ScanGauge I love REAL gauges, but it would have been lots less expensive to go with a Scan Gauge II.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Senior User

All installed also with new SWAMPS tunes. HUGE difference. One thing I did find out running the extreme tune is that the HPOP is a little weak. No big deal for now just something to consider in the future if I *want* to make more than 26-27lbs of boost! :-)
Mods to date: MBRP 4" exhaust, ISSPro Ev2 gauges, Leveling kit, DIY 6673 intake, muffler delete, '05 leather front seats/console, Stereo upgrade, Scangauge II, HD headlight, new front grill, TW 6 POS w/SWAMPS tunes)
2012 VW Passat TDI
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter