Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 4.4L Ford Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4.4L Ford Diesel Discuss the much rumored 4.4L Ford diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Can we just delete this 4.4 section?

It seems like this was intended for a 4.4 l diesel for the f150 or SUV's but it just never happened.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...-it-costs.html
Old 04-05-2012, 09:17 PM
2000 Ford Excursion

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
I tried a couple weeks ago, and the decision was made to keep it around for a future small diesel.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 04-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkland View Post
It seems like this was intended for a 4.4 l diesel for the f150 or SUV's but it just never happened.
Technically, it did happen. Land Rover is using Ford's 4.4L diesel in the Range Rover in Europe. Unfortunately, we don't get it stateside. Kind of a shame since it's supposedly a very nice engine. It makes 308hp and 516ft-lbs of tq in Range Rover trim.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Diesel Junkie
1993 Ford F-Super Duty
My Garage

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
holy crap.that would actually make a good optional diesel engine for the f250/350 trucks imho.
ford is payed by big oil not to offer it here in the states no doubt.
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 PM
2000 Ford Excursion

Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
TomB985
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDF250HDXLT View Post
ford is payed by big oil not to offer it here in the states no doubt.

I love conspiracy theories.

Currently truckless.
Most recently: 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 EcoBoost
Moderators, Guidelines, and How They are Enforced
Old 05-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Avid Winter Hater
2007 Ford F-250
My Garage

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy001 View Post

I love conspiracy theories.

And bad spelling. Lol
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Postmaster
2005 Ford F-150 SuperCrew

seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.seventyseven250 has a great reputation on FTE.
I work for "big oil" and we're doing everything we can to encourage fleet users to switch to Natural gas. Trust me, the oil companies aren't worried about oil demand.

These days now that gasoline engines are available with turbo and direct injection, the economy gap with diesel is pretty small. Why buy a 4.4 diesel for an F150 when you can have the ecoboost?

20?? F150 SuperCrew To come . . .
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.03 SVT VERT has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventyseven250 View Post
Why buy a 4.4 diesel for an F150 when you can have the ecoboost?
Lots of reasons. It would be nice if we had the choice of a diesel or ecoboost, instead of the choice being made for us.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

arizonasuperduty007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
While gas is now direct injection in many vehicles, it still is young and still requires spark plugs. I really like my V10 and it would be better if it were direct injection. The fact is Diesel has more BTU's per gallon than does gasoline, that's where the economy is. I know this is rather direct from a new username, but diesel engines are getting better with time as well.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

I would love for smaller trucks to have a diesel in them. I was hoping for it a few years back. I would probably buy an f150 if it had a diesel.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonasuperduty007 View Post
The fact is Diesel has more BTU's per gallon than does gasoline, that's where the economy is.

Economy? What economy? Diesel has been consistently costing more than gas, and a diesel trucks costs a ton more to buy and look after ?!?
Would you buy an f150 for a family vehicle with DPF, urea, EGR, etc ? I wouldn't.

I would consider swapping a pre-emissions diesel into an f150, but this new technology is insane, and not cost effective unless you drive a ton of miles.

IMHO, for diesel trucks to become a huge asset again, they either need to get more reliable, cheaper, or the price of diesel needs to go way down. Do any of those things sound like reality?

Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

I agree that diesel is a whole lot more and regulations are killing it. Wow, I think the only way it could seem like you hate diesel any more would be if you typed all caps.

There is a reason that diesel (when you compare the same size gas and diesel engines) get better fuel mileage, it is because of the btu's per gallon of diesel versus per gallon of gasoline. It's basically the same with gasoline and methanol (or other alcoholic fuels). You are correct in your summation that the economy of diesel has been eroded with all the new reg's and equipment combined with the higher price for diesel. That is why my dad hasn't been taking his boat out as often (he has the 6.0 powerstroke in his F250) and when he does, it's not as far.

When you look at towing, diesel engines have the advantage over gasoline engines with the amount of torque they produce (again the btu's per gallon). For most American's, diesel is of no real advantage unless you are looking at bio diesel. However, for myself a diesel would be better for me because I have been towing a lot. I wasn't towing much last year, however in the last couple of months business has picked up to where I actually use the capabilities of my truck. I currently have a V10, and a 7.3 diesel would really help getting up those hills with a full load. When I do buy my next truck, it will probably be a 2001 or older truck, mainly because the 7.3 is a more reliable engine (imo).

Sorry for the length of my post.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

JIM_C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JIM_C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I see that the military is prototyping the 4.4.
FED Bravo is a hybrid vision of the next Humvee | Fox News
Old 06-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Postmaster
2011 Ford F-250

ruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud ofruschejj has much to be proud of
Joel Rusche Joel Rusche Joel Rusche
Give me a 4.10 rear end and an 8 speed manual in my 2013 F350SRW and I would order it Monday.

Literally, we don't NEED more power. We need economy, reliability, clean diesels. Gimme max boost in every gear at 1400 rpm and I will be just fine. Smaller engine, work it easy with gearing, makes better longevity and economy. (at least I think it would)
2 Kicker 10" subs, Rockford Fosgate amp
Ride-Rite air bags, VIAIR #10007 onboard air, AFE DPF back exhaust, power slot rotors/EBC pads, Nitto Trail Grapplers M/T 295/55 R20! Transfer-Flow 50 gal tank
Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

Maybe a 4.4l in an f250, not a SD, but just an f250.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 4.4L Ford Diesel

Tags
2001, 2012, 44, diesel, f150, ford, gas, mileage, power, range, rover, sport, trac