Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Elder User

lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.lupuseven has a good reputation on FTE.
Hello From Riverside

Hey all,

First i must say I love this place, FTE that is...

The story behind the truck- I had a '06 Taurus before this it was a vehicle of necessity, had 12 hrs to find a vehicle so i could not be picky. Anyhow on 3/11/12 I was rear ended by a taxi, destroyed the thing
Click the image to open in full size.

So with the left over money form the payoff I went looking for what I really wanted, a Ford Diesel. Only one problem was that I knew jack about Diesels, so I went to the web to do some research and came across FTE. Lurked around for a while then finally made a profile so I could ask questions.

On the Truck search I found one for an awesome price pretty close to home, so I went out to check on it. Well when i got there the guys told me that he loaned it out should be back in few days. So i went home dejected and began to look around some more, very little in my price range. After a week or so I gave up on trying to find a truck, and began looking to CHEEP cars until I could build up a bigger down pmt. The saturday before I was about ot make a deal on a car I was going to settle for the first guy calls me back and says"... its on the lot you still interested?". So the next morning I went out to look at it. Using the check lists I got from FTE and my knowledge of trucks in general, it checked out. So I bought this Beast '04 F350 4x4 Crew Cab 6.0L Diesel, 207k miles. Everything I wanted in truck. I found out that they were using to haul some cars back from an action up north. I had already made my decision but that only confirmed it was the right one.
Click the image to open in full size.

My Story - I grew up i Riverside, when I joined the Marines I vowed to never come back to this forsaken town (ha ha). When I got out 4 years later (forced by injury), I moved around all over the IE eventually settled in Banning for about 10yrs, wife and I split up and I was forced to go back to Riverside and stay with my Dad till I got back on my feet.Long story long I'll be moving back that way this summer, need to be closer to my kids.

As for Hobbies I love to explore, camping, hiking, mountain biking, off road venturing, ect... I also work with leather, tooling all sorts of designs. Eventually gonna try and make a profit by it. Until then I build tradeshow exhibits on site all over socal mostly and all across nation part of the time.

Sorry for being so long winded,
Clayton

Last edited by lupuseven; 04-05-2012 at 03:29 AM. Reason: remove bad links
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Nice intro Clayton, and welcome to the chapter. Good looking Super Duty
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 04-05-2012, 09:43 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Warm welcome Clayton. Nice lookin' truck and a good story to boot.
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's + 2'' level mini-pack, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig sent to GermanMike, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Welcome to the chapter! Nice looking truck too.

Jim
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Junior User

Backdraft-14 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome to FTE. As you probably have already realized this is the best site for information on owning a Super Duty.

Robert
2nd Owner, 2001 F-250 CC, SRW, 137K miles, Mods-- DIY 6637 intake, DIY 4” turbo back straight exhaust, Riff-Raff Mods, HPX, FRX, 6637 cover, bellowed up-pipes, Inter-Cooler boots (Blue), Plenum inserts, isspro EV2 Pyrometer W/ Potentiometer harness, 4 pod Overhead console Other mods AIH delete, EBPV delete, auxiliary transmission filter, auxiliary coolant filter, shell ELC coolant, foil delete, New transmission , 6.0 cooler, WW, fuel bowl reseal, EBPS and tube cleaned.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter