1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balance beads

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:27 PM
allen720
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balance beads

Has anyone ever tried these balance beads deals for oversized tires. Any recommended brands? Any thoughts?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Pappy1911
Senior User
Originally Posted by allen720
Has anyone ever tried these balance beads deals for oversized tires. Any recommended brands? Any thoughts?
Can you post a pic??? Never heard of them...

Old 04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
allen720
Junior User
there are lots of different kinds and brands. just search on ebay. THey have some that are steel some are plastic. I have even heard of someone using airsoft pellets. Just wondering if this stuff even works. They say to use one once of pellets or beebees per 10 pounds of tire. can use them in semi tires too.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Kajtek1
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you talking about dynabeds, or centramatic rings?
I do have centramatic on my motorhome and they do work well. Mine are about 20 years old and they improved technology to fluid media several years ago.
I was exited by dynabeds for some time, but my local tire shop told me they don't work and the manufacturer is not even making kits for big wheels. Not to mention pellets cost more than their weight in gold.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
allen720
Junior User
This is for 4 - 6 (six) oz. bag of CounterAct Tire Balancing Beads.
Take a look at the chart and if you require a different size bag, please look at my store.

War Wizzard Set Land Speed Record 92MPH

with Counteract Balancing Beads September 12, 2011

Patented Safe for Tubes and tubless tires and will not hurt inside of tire like steel shot, BB's or heavy metal. Heavy steel falls and sandblasting the inside of the tire and wheel every time you slow down.

Counteract is Patented Proven, No BB's to hurt the inside of the tire and wheel! BB's must re-balance every time you start and fall when you stop. They also do not balance under 22 mph.

Counteract Balances from 0 - 100+ no re balancing every time you start like steel beads. Counteracts patented beads stick to the inside of the tire even when stopped to keep you balanced 100% of the time for the life of the tire.

Includes:
- 6oz bag of beads
- Injector valve
- Installation Bottle Cap
“Artificial Intelligence in Wheel Balancing”

Helps stabilize the product in the balanced position, even during stops and turns. This means balance from 0 MPH and up not 30 and UP. Why be balanced only half the time?

Ambient moisture does not affect the product’s performance. Excessive moisture or mounting lubricant (bead lube) will not cause clumping either; this is thanks to the moisture resistant, no stick coating.

Free flowing internal and external balancing products fall to the bottom at every stop and have to go through the inertia (vibration) balancing process after every stop.

Counteract’s Memory Beads for Motorcycle’s utilize an additional scientific principle that helps stabilize the product in the balanced position, even during stops and turns.

Installation:
The Counteract “bag in bag” application makes it easy to install. The product can also be injected into the tire through the valve stem. Or try the airless injection method for DIY smaller applications. Once installed, the product travels through centrifugal force and inertia to counteract the unbalanced spot on the tire.

Note:
To achieve maximum results, it is important to use the proper package size for each tire. As a rule of thumb, the amount of Counteract required per tire is based on one ounce per thirteen pounds of tire. If you are using our throw in bags, open & discard outside bag only & throw clear inner bag containing Counteract directly inside tire cavity. If you are not using an applicator and pouring the contents of the bag directly into the tire, it is imperative that none of the contents of the bag ends up on the bead seating area of the tire and rim. Counteract disclaims any responsibility for air loss or tire damage due to improper installation or air check. In order to reduce the possibility of valve leaks, the use of a Counteract valve core and a metal CBB valve cap is recommended and included in every bag of Counteract. Counteract is TPMS compatible.

F.A.Q.
Why should I balance my tires?
Balancing tires reduces rolling resistance by decreasing tire sidewall flexing, tread squirming, and friction. This translates to fuel savings, as a wheel or engine turns more easily when wheels are balanced. In today's trucking industry, it just makes sense to balance all tires in the wheel assembly to provide a safer and more economical ride.

Will the product react to any known materials?
No, Counteract Balancing Beads will not react with any known metal or material.

Do Counteract Balancing Beads clump due to moisture?
No. Ambient moisture does not affect the product’s performance. Excessive moisture or mounting lubricant (bead lube) will not cause clumping either; this is thanks to the no stick coating. Lubricant can actually increase the mobility of Counteract Balancing Beads in some instances.

How do I remove the product from the tire?
Counteract Balancing Beads are easy to remove. Simply strike the tire with a tire iron several times along the tread; this will cause the material to fall to the bottom of the tire where it can be scooped or vacuumed out.

Do you need a valve filter to prevent the valve from clogging?
Valve clogging is not a common problem with Counteract Balancing Beads and is usually the result of dust (we remove all dust at the manufacture stage). A valve filter may help but can also slow down air flow or become clogged itself by dust, making it difficult to check air pressure. To reduce the possibility of a valve leak, it is recommend to use a long valve core and self sealing valve cap (supplied in every package). To address this situation the beads are selected by size and put through multiple screening and dusting processes.

Can you balance a tire with Counteract on a tire balancer?
No. The Counteract Balancing Beads will only move to the balanced position through inertia generated by the out of balance condition of the complete wheel assembly and the up and down motion of the vehicle suspension.

Can I use Counteract Balancing Beads when I have another balancing product installed?
It is not advised to combine other internal balancing agents or balancing rings with Counteract Balancing Beads. Free flowing internal balancing products fall to the bottom at every stop and have to go through the inertia (vibration) balancing process after every stop. Counteract Balancing Beads utilize an additional scientific principle that helps stabilize the product in the balanced position, even during stops and turns.

If you are using other balancing products and are still having problems, remove the product before installing Counteract Balancing Beads; this also applies to duel wheels. It is not advisable to have a free flowing product on one of the duel wheels and our product on the other wheel for the same reason.

How is the product installed?
There are three different methods of installing Counteract Balancing Beads. The simplest and most preferable is the throw-in bag or the pour-in method. You can also use our injector pump for quick wheel-on installation or take advantage of our handy airless pump method. Visit our installation instructions to learn more.

What about when rotating tires?
It is advised, when rotating tires, to hit the tire on the tread area with a hammer to free up the Counteract Balancing Beads for immediate readjustment to the new wheel assembly position. Our beads balance the complete wheel assembly and must readjust to the new rotors, break drum and other wheel components.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Here is the web site of one manufacturer:
Tire Balancing Products

Some guys here swear by them for problem tires that won't hold balance. I've not tried them, but it has piqued my interest. Even so, in general I think if you buy a quality tire, and mount it on the manufacturers recommended rim, standard weight balancing will be fine. Keep this in mind IF you ever have a problem maintaining balance.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
allen720
Junior User
unfortunately balancing 38.5 inch boggers with weights will never happen. they are out of balance when you take em of the machine lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
For those I would definitely try the beads. I don't see where you've got anything to lose by trying it.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
cartmanea
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Boggers are so terrible on the road, why bother balancing?

The beads definitely sound like a good solution for you, I've heard great things. I don't remember the brand, but one used ceramic beads of varying sizes and produced the best results.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
cbzdel
Elder User
I have used them in the past on motorcycles and they worked out great, never though of using in a car/truck tire though..

Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
allen720
Junior User
ceramics of different sizes ok. anyone have a personal testimonial? i have heard the metal ones will sand blast the rims cause of everytime you stop they fall down.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM
allen720
Junior User
the worst thing about not balancing them is they wear even worse. super choppy from all the bouncing and thats just money and rubber out the door that i would love to use in the mud

Old 04-04-2012, 02:44 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Never heard of them being metal. That sounds like a disaster to me. The ceramic stay in place most of the time due to static electricity. If they do fall out when not turning, they redistribute themselves as you drive. The beads are so small that you should have valve stems with screens to prevent the beads from blowing out.

Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
abendx
Posting Guru
I use the beads and antifreeze on my Jeep and when the SD gets here, I'll do the same. I used the air-soft BBs you can pick up at any sporting goods store, just picked the least expensive option. I used about $20 worth of beads to balance five 37" tires. If I recall correctly, it was 10oz of beads and 2oz of fluid for each tire... they have stayed perfectly balanced for about two years now.

So.... for about a 20, you can have balanced tires for the life.... wheel it hard and knock some rocks, they still stay balanced. Air down and slip the tire a little, still balanced. Uneven wear, etc.... still balanced.

I am a fan!

And.... as far as I know, big rig drivers use this all the time, but with golf *****!?!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:54 PM
allen720
Junior User
so air soft beads from wal mart say. and antifreeze? same stuff as in the radiator? why the antifreeze

Quick Reply: Balance beads