Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru

theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Paint on the doors and front fenders

Teddy is slowly coming along. I painted the doors and front end sheet metal over the last week!
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]
I have a renewed respect for paint and body men. I will be happy to get past the paint work and move on to the assembly. Just the final (ok maybe the second to last or third) blocking of the cab and bed left to do, before those get painted.

For Ford the third time was the charm
Third generation Ford truck 57-60
1959 F250 4x4
Wally
Old 04-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Senior User

hotfalcoon is starting off with a positive reputation.
Those pieces look great! Thanks for sharing the pics, can't wait to see the whole thing painted.
Carl.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Junior User

KC Ray is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow. Those look great! What color/brand of paint are you using?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Posting Guru

theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.theodore/teddy has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
can't wait to see the whole thing painted
Carl, me too! thanks
Quote:
What color/brand of paint are you using
Ray, I,m using Wanda B/C They didn't have a direct code match for the old Dupont chips i had but the blue is ford Surf blue metallic and the white is a mix that I was trying to get it to look like canned condensed milk, I think they did a great job on the mixes. They (small local las vegas shop) now have the colors in their system they named the white "wally white". Should I need more paint its nice to know they have the formulas!
Thanks for lookin

1959 F250 4x4
Wally
Old 04-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Post Fiend

spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
Yea, that looks great! Great colors. It sure takes a lot of time to get it to that point.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
It sure takes a lot of time to get it to that point.
spurredon, man you got that right, at least with me! I'm always optimistic thinking that this step or that step will just take an hour or a day, and it usually take twice as long for me. But I still hope to have teddy back on the road this summer some time. HA! we will see

1959 F250 4x4
Wally
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks