1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

72 crew cab long bed cummins

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only on TV can they do a complete rebuild, fire it up and drive it off with out a problem. But then the first few miles after a long build shouldn't count, it is hard to see anything passed the big grin!!

Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The interior looks nice! The fold up rear seats gives you a ton of floor space. Well done buddy!

Old 05-04-2016, 09:35 AM
highntight
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
"Under load " huh? I wonder if they would like the "Leaning Tower of Pisa" straightened out?
HAHA leave it to you Jeff... I was thinking maybe they would like it leaning the other way for a little while...

Originally Posted by Randle
Only on TV can they do a complete rebuild, fire it up and drive it off with out a problem. But then the first few miles after a long build shouldn't count, it is hard to see anything passed the big grin!!
Randle, isnt that the truth. If I would have known that I couldnt have completed this build in one hour long episode I would have never started this thing, They tricked me again...

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
The interior looks nice! The fold up rear seats gives you a ton of floor space. Well done buddy!
Thanks buddy, they turned out sweet. Im pretty happy how all the seats turned out... I only have to tear the rears out once more fust for a 4 channel amp and then there staying for good.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:30 PM
highntight
Elder User
Name:  IMAG2499_zpsdtgqfg9p.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  280.1 KB

Name:  0511161823_zpsw2e6ijel.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  353.8 KB

Been breaking the truck in a little fixing little things and finishing up other. I must say this thing is a blast to drive....

Old 05-18-2016, 03:16 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Man, look at that color in the Sun. Frickin' AWESOME. And the whole rig. If I were you I'd sure be all puffy chested driving it down Main Street U.S.A. You're gonna give a whole lot of people whiplash after they do a "Coca Cola Double Take". Congrats my friend.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:13 PM
GaryKip
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
That is a great color. And like jefffafa said, there'll be some sore necks in the neighborhood.

Old 05-18-2016, 10:27 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will have to agree take is one AWESOME truck.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:59 AM
Trucker_Jo
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot stop reopening this thread... Again great job with the build

Old 05-26-2016, 09:02 AM
highntight
Elder User
Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
Man, look at that color in the Sun. Frickin' AWESOME. And the whole rig. If I were you I'd sure be all puffy chested driving it down Main Street U.S.A. You're gonna give a whole lot of people whiplash after they do a "Coca Cola Double Take". Congrats my friend.
Originally Posted by GaryKip
That is a great color. And like jefffafa said, there'll be some sore necks in the neighborhood.
Originally Posted by Randle
I will have to agree take is one AWESOME truck.
Originally Posted by Trucker_Jo
I cannot stop reopening this thread... Again great job with the build
Thanks boys, much appreciated. drove the truck to slc a couple times just going for more brake in miles.... It for sure gets some attention. People off the street are coming into work and checking it out lots of thumbs up and picture taking on the highways... Think Im going to take it the weekend for a small road trip and see how she does...

Name:  0523161601_zps8m02au4v.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  283.7 KB

Name:  0523161601a_zpsa06uh5tc.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  288.7 KB

Name:  0523161601b_zpsbpl6q940.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  286.1 KB

Name:  0523161602_zpsugpqucbk.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  259.5 KB

Name:  0523161602a_zpsigwg9pn2.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  280.9 KB

Name:  0523161603_zpszssd9ldf.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  272.1 KB

Name:  0523161603a_zpsexltpjwv.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  276.8 KB

Name:  0523161603b_zps3pjno7b6.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  285.5 KB

Old 05-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Ozarktraveler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Eyes (and Ayes) Have It!

Love it.

With as many gawkers, thumbs uppers and new conversationists I still encounter with Bessie and her 20-footer "barn paint job", I'm sure you'll be "inconvenienced" in a good way with folks wanting to talk. Way cool. :-)

Old 05-26-2016, 09:08 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Love that stance... Superman has nothing on your ride amigo. Feet apart, Hands on hips, chest out, eyes straight ahead, it just says "Do not Mess with me. You should lead the parade on Memorial Day.

Salude amigo

Baja

Old 05-27-2016, 12:13 PM
f100today
Posting Guru
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks kick a$$. Cummins emblem on the front fenders?

Old 05-27-2016, 01:58 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There could be a new TV series in your future...... "Zack's Garage"

Old 06-01-2016, 10:52 AM
highntight
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ozarktraveler
Love it.

With as many gawkers, thumbs uppers and new conversationists I still encounter with Bessie and her 20-footer "barn paint job", I'm sure you'll be "inconvenienced" in a good way with folks wanting to talk. Way cool. :-)
HAHA It was awesome, took a 300 mile road trip over memorial weekend, and boy what a blast. My thumb hurts for all the thumps up back I got. people taking pictures going down the freeway and all the nice folks in between...

Originally Posted by bajafishnut
Love that stance... Superman has nothing on your ride amigo. Feet apart, Hands on hips, chest out, eyes straight ahead, it just says "Do not Mess with me. You should lead the parade on Memorial Day.

Salude amigo

Baja
Baja, funny you said that. Me and my girly have an ongoing joke about the superman stance. She seen your post before I did and called laughing telling me what you said. good man, thank you sir...

Originally Posted by f100today
Looks kick a$$. Cummins emblem on the front fenders?
Thanks buddy.... I dont think so, I kinda feel if they cant figure it out then they dont need to know... When we got home from the trip I felt a little more comfortable, and maybe gave it the onion a little. third gear pull and the street was blacked out I gave her about half throttle and let off when I felt the rear tires break loose, safe to say I think its gonna have plenty of that *** pucker feeling....

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
There could be a new TV series in your future...... "Zack's Garage"
HAHA thats awesome, I can see my shop now, Ide have all the cool tools. the only problem I would have is 5 years is a lot of episodes for one build lol

Just wanted to say thank you to all you fellers, One hell of a good group of guys. Im proud to be apart of it....

the first picture of this truck is the night I bought it and brought it home. We pulled into a gas station at the bottom of hwy 6 to air my air bags up and took a picture of the truck. Stopped at the same place to take a picture of the truck now... seems most fitting to post it...

Name:  IMG_1423_zps2imvsnpr.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1429_zpsot7vfbv5.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  56.6 KB

you can see the same tank through the front window of the ford on the trailer....

Old 06-01-2016, 04:02 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by highntight
HAHA It was awesome, took a 300 mile road trip over memorial weekend, and boy what a blast. My thumb hurts for all the thumps up back I got. people taking pictures going down the freeway and all the nice folks in between...

Baja, funny you said that. Me and my girly have an ongoing joke about the superman stance. She seen your post before I did and called laughing telling me what you said. good man, thank you sir...

Thanks buddy.... I dont think so, I kinda feel if they cant figure it out then they dont need to know... When we got home from the trip I felt a little more comfortable, and maybe gave it the onion a little. third gear pull and the street was blacked out I gave her about half throttle and let off when I felt the rear tires break loose, safe to say I think its gonna have plenty of that *** pucker feeling....

HAHA thats awesome, I can see my shop now, Ide have all the cool tools. the only problem I would have is 5 years is a lot of episodes for one build lol

Just wanted to say thank you to all you fellers, One hell of a good group of guys. Im proud to be apart of it....

the first picture of this truck is the night I bought it and brought it home. We pulled into a gas station at the bottom of hwy 6 to air my air bags up and took a picture of the truck. Stopped at the same place to take a picture of the truck now... seems most fitting to post it...

you can see the same tank through the front window of the ford on the trailer....
If I remember correctly you have mentioned how you sold the truck that was pulling the trailer in that pic. Too bad. Would have been a GREAT pic of your Crew pulling IT on a trailer at that same spot!!!!! Hmm. You still in contact with it's current owner?

Quick Reply: 72 crew cab long bed cummins