Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Senior User

HEAVY100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That's a great story and pics.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Great story and even greater truck. I was kept in outstanding condition throughout it's life and is very deserving of a top quality restoration. It obvious that you come from a car family. Can't wait to see the finished product!

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 04-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Elder User

lexcoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, what a family heirloom you have there, great story. I am always amazed when vehicles stay in the one family for so long, you must have some wonderful memories with that old truck.
Will it be Goldenglow yellow again?
Boy, if that were my truck that louvered hood would be staying, but i understand it doesnt fit the stock resto theme.
Good luck with your project and welcome to FTE. John
Old 04-08-2012, 06:27 AM
Posting Guru

FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.FortyNiner has a great reputation on FTE.
Welcome S of BC!

Thanks for sharing your story and pics - while the trucks are the 'stars' the real focus tends to be the owners & their families.

DW

19 and 49 F1 jes' like Henry II built

DW
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Elder User

South of BC has a good reputation on FTE.South of BC has a good reputation on FTE.
I gathered up some pics and will post some more. I'll try to keep some sense of order. The first pic is when the truck went to her winter home last October. Then a pic of taking her apart. Following that a couple of pics from sandblast day last November. (Hmm, well at least that's the order I uploaded them in!) A couple more from back in the shop. If you go back to post 13 you'll see what the cab looked like last Thursday, the last pic is what it now looks like as of yesterday. And yes John, that is Goldenglow yellow!
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 AM
New User

ztartops is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your story is interesting and it is nice to know some F100 owners in the NW. It is also inspiring to see someone with an active action plan. I am just getting rolling on my 56 project with hopes to have it running to drive to the C and T show in Pullman next month. I bought my truck 26 years ago because of a passion but needed a truck not a project. Sold it to a co-worker with the promise to get it back from him when he tired of it. A couple of years ago his wife said it had to go so now it back again to be reborn. FTE has sure changed. I was active when it first got going but have laid low for about 10 years or so. regards, Ztartops
Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Elder User

lexcoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, looks great, love the colour. of course i am a little biased as my 56 panel was Goldenglow yellow and colonial white when it left the factory.
Its great to see this one coming back to its former glory.

John
Old 04-15-2012, 01:15 AM
Senior User

smallello has a good reputation on FTE.smallello has a good reputation on FTE.
Lookin' good!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 PM
New User

BITRODIUM is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome!!!! Nice work!!! Im down in Spokane if U ever need help with anything. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Elder User

South of BC has a good reputation on FTE.South of BC has a good reputation on FTE.
Last week I went to Minnesota and picked up an accessory for the truck. Fortunately all it needs is to have the green painted Goldenglow yellow and the wheels Colonial White. While I was gone Mark got all the sheet metal painted with the exception of the hood and tailgate. A new hood came in from Mid-Fifties last week. I'm still on the fence on whether to use it or not. It lacks the rivets near the cowl and the centerline isn't exact. The average person wouldn't know the difference, but a Ford truck enthusiast would. Nice hood if you want a smooth custom look. A guy in Spokane says he has a good hood and will trade me for the two I have, may check that out. Anyway, yesterday we put new bushings in and installed the springs and axles. Had to just hang the front axle because the head of the center spring bolts was too short to fit the new shim. New ones from Spokane were ordered. Painted the cab mounting hardware and the cab is ready to bolt back on. Next week the engine will be painted and hopefully the wheels will be back from powder coating, maybe it will look more like a truck again!
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2012, 04:53 PM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Love this truck and the trailer as well.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
Love this truck and the trailer as well.
Thanks AX. I've been looking for a 'canned ham' for several weeks now. If you want one you have to check craigslist and eBay daily and move quickly, the nice ones sell fast. This one is a '57 Scotsman, made in Gardena, CA which is a stone's throw from Long Beach where the truck was born. It has been completely gone through, new birch paneling, flooring, and upgraded with a propane refrigerator and heater.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Post Fiend

Chuck Frank
The guy I bought my Panel from was into classic travel trailers. He had bought the panel to tow them with, but was not mechanically inclined and couldn't afford to have all the work done the panel needed.

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
Old 04-29-2012, 03:44 AM
New User

ztartops is starting off with a positive reputation.
My 56 lives and breathes again! After 26 years of sitting it runs pretty well. I will take pictures tomorrow.
SJP
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Senior User

Nighthawk756 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, progress is coming along nicely! I'm jealous!
2006 F150 SuperCrew Lariat
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
56, 56f100, f100, fit, ford, general, hospital, images, kennewick, piece, powered, restoration, sheetmetal, truck, vbulletin, wa, windows