6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sync question for the A/V guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Sync question for the A/V guys

On my 09 I always ran a USB flash stick or my ipod through the USB port. It was very frustrating because every time I got in the truck it would forget that I was listing to a USB source the last time the truck was run and default to BT Audio as the source. I would have to go through the menu to get to select SRC and choose USB again. Well, new 2012 truck and now I have an iPhone the streams through bluetooth. The amazing thing is that now that I always stream through BT and never use the USB port, my new truck reverts to USB every time it's shut down!! Is there a way to pick a default source or is Ford just trying to torture me on this one?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:28 PM
FORD-DNA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. Driving me crazy as well!! Please of anyone knows a way around this issue let us know!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2012, 08:48 PM
p12483
Senior User
I third that... Plus its really pointless to connect your iphone via USB cause you cannot voice command songs or artists. Really would like to know why, since i am sure the software is the same.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:57 PM
System
Prolocutor
I could voice command my ipod via USB but never tried with my iphone connected via USB. Another oddity. All that aside I just want sync to bookmark my source..... It doubles the pain that with my last truck it was the opposite when I had the opposite music source. Ironic....

Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Docindahouze
Senior User
Originally Posted by p12483
I third that... Plus its really pointless to connect your iphone via USB cause you cannot voice command songs or artists. Really would like to know why, since i am sure the software is the same.
you can voice command music with iPhone when connected via USB port. I don't remeber exactly how I did it but that's what I was doing with my iphone 4s the first week of driving until I figured out you can stream via Bluetooth. tomorrow I'll take a look and post back here.

And to the op, yeah I'm and streaming via bluetooth now days and wish the radio would start the same so I can just start streaming, but you only have to push one button on the screen to get the btst. Not a big deal for me though it would be nice not to have to switch back every time. overall I sure am glad to be able to stream via bluetooth. It's easier to browse through the music through your phone to pick what you want. If you're connected via USB you have to either remember what music is on your phone to use voice or stretch your arms to go through the music library on the head unit.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:13 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Docindahouze
you can voice command music with iPhone when connected via USB port. I don't remeber exactly how I did it but that's what I was doing with my iphone 4s the first week of driving until I figured out you can stream via Bluetooth. tomorrow I'll take a look and post back here.

And to the op, yeah I'm and streaming via bluetooth now days and wish the radio would start the same so I can just start streaming, but you only have to push one button on the screen to get the btst. Not a big deal for me though it would be nice not to have to switch back every time. overall I sure am glad to be able to stream via bluetooth. It's easier to browse through the music through your phone to pick what you want. If you're connected via USB you have to either remember what music is on your phone to use voice or stretch your arms to go through the music library on the head unit.
Maybe you're radio is different. Do you have NAV? On my non NAV, it's a lot more than one button to get back to BT. Get into the menu, scroll to select, scroll to BT audio. Usually hit the wrong button while driving and have to start all over....

Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Docindahouze
Senior User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Maybe you're radio is different. Do you have NAV? On my non NAV, it's a lot more than one button to get back to BT. Get into the menu, scroll to select, scroll to BT audio. Usually hit the wrong button while driving and have to start all over....
Oh yes I should have said I do have the nav radio. yeah I guess it is alot harder for you guys.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
Cable Guy
Junior User
Karl4Cat...Can't you just hit the voice command promp and say bluetooth audio to resume?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
If you're on the home screen, hit the top right window that has your current source playing (USB if you were listening the BT audio last). It should automatically open in the User Device menu if you were listening to BT audio. Then hit the button that says Source USB, it should bump to Source BTST in a press or 2. It's not too bad but I see your point.

I want to find a way to remove/unselect sources. I never listen to AM/FM channels and want them out of the cycle when I'm scrolling Media sources on the steering wheel...

Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't get mine to stop playing. When I have Bluetooth on and my iPhone is in the truck, it always starts playing something, either random iTunes or pandora. I will have the head unit on SAT and my phone will be playing something, if I move to BTST I hear it. I just don't like the auto play even though it's turned off it always plays something and it bugs me.

Getting BTST to default should be possible, I think my unit does it but it's the nav.

I agree that it would be awfully nice to block out list items in the media flow chart. Scrolling through 2 FM and AM and 3 SAT gets old if you want to toggle from 1 FM Station to 1 SAT station.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
If you're on the home screen, hit the top right window that has your current source playing (USB if you were listening the BT audio last). It should automatically open in the User Device menu if you were listening to BT audio. Then hit the button that says Source USB, it should bump to Source BTST in a press or 2. It's not too bad but I see your point.

I want to find a way to remove/unselect sources. I never listen to AM/FM channels and want them out of the cycle when I'm scrolling Media sources on the steering wheel...
I think this would be a solution for NAV buy not my head.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:25 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Cable Guy
Karl4Cat...Can't you just hit the voice command promp and say bluetooth audio to resume?

Never thought of that! Will give it a go.... Thanks!!!! Still wish I could make it the AUX default source like it was in my last truck. It's funny how you find little changes to the same systems between years. The default source being one. Now, other than the color of the readout, my 12 has the exact same system as my 09 did. However like the default AUX input being different, there are other things. If I just press and hold the volume up or down on the steering wheel it takes 4-5 seconds to start going up or down. However, if I click it in short fast clicks it goes up or down immediately. This was not necessary in the 09. One thing non audio that they changed on me was the location of the rear power sliding window button. It used to be on the dash. Now it's up in the overhead console like a moonroof button. I swear I'm going to wear a hold in the dash pushing nothing before "my default setting" changes to overhead!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:31 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I think this would be a solution for NAV buy not my head.
Sorry 'bout that, missed the non-nav part!

Old 04-01-2012, 07:43 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet
Sorry 'bout that, missed the non-nav part!
Yeah, same deal ordering this truck as my last truck. Personally, I can't spend $1800 on factory NAV when I can get a really decent Garmin on Amazon for less than $150 which has more features like live traffic and free lifetime updates. On top of that, if I had a factory unit, I'd have to spend another $300 to lock pick it. Man, that's $2100 for something that I could have gotten for $139 and it's still not as good. Chrysler is the only one of the big three that has figured out that overcharging for NAV is bad for sales. Their NAV is only a couple hundred more. I also prefer having the albeit smaller back up screen in my rear view mirror for when I'm backing up to hook up a trailer. My eyes easily go back and fourth from the mirror portion to the screen.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:40 PM
zonedar
Junior User
Mine (with Nav) just remembers the last thing that I set it too. If that's unavailable it ends up on USB2 (the flash stick in the glove box).

Quick Reply: Sync question for the A/V guys